Author Topic: Heat (22-22) at Celtics (28-18) Game #47 1/21/19  (Read 21080 times)

Re: Heat (22-22) at Celtics (28-18) Game #47 1/21/19
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rozier is an insurance player

and that is worth more than a 1st round pick at this point  (non top 10)

Yes if packaged with Brown or multiple 1sts can net you a grand prize like Davis... its a no brainer

otherwise Rozier is here just in case a) Irving is out with another injury  b) Irving does not resign

IF Irving is healthy until the playoff ends/signs an extension after this season...... Rozier will just walk

Danny will replace him with one of the 1st round picks and find another PG
I agree with all this except the fact Rozier will never be part of a trade for Davis. Davis can only be traded for next year and Rozier being included as a sign and trade in the trade makes it almost impossible without making the trade gigantic(lots more salary, lots more players, maybe more teams).

« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Yes if packaged with Brown or multiple 1sts can net you a grand prize like Davis... its a no brainer

otherwise Rozier is here just in case a) Irving is out with another injury  b) Irving does not resign

IF Irving is healthy until the playoff ends/signs an extension after this season...... Rozier will just walk

I agree with all this except the fact Rozier will never be part of a trade for Davis. Davis can only be traded for next year and Rozier being included as a sign and trade in the trade makes it almost impossible without making the trade gigantic(lots more salary, lots more players, maybe more teams).

It could become a gigantic trade. If we're dealing Horford/Hayward + Tatum/Brown + extra pieces + picks, then New Orleans needs to get rid of some extra salary as well (Holiday, Hill or Moore).

If we're keeping our 3 max contracts, then we'll need to include at least 2 out of 3 from the group Tatum, Brown, Smart in the deal. I'd rather not do that. Smart is the leader of our team and losing both Tatum and Brown leaves us short on the wing.

« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It could become a gigantic trade. If we're dealing Horford/Hayward + Tatum/Brown + extra pieces + picks, then New Orleans needs to get rid of some extra salary as well (Holiday, Hill or Moore).

If we're keeping our 3 max contracts, then we'll need to include at least 2 out of 3 from the group Tatum, Brown, Smart in the deal. I'd rather not do that. Smart is the leader of our team and losing both Tatum and Brown leaves us short on the wing.
The trade that to me makes most sense is Tatum, Smart, Williams and then sign whatever 1st rounders we trade them in this coming draft and the salaries much. So

Anthony Davis $27.03 million

For

Jayson Tatum  $7.8 million
Marcus Smart  $12.5 million
Robert Williams $1.9 million

Sacramento pick ~$3.5 million
Boston pick ~$1.6 million
Other picks.

So monies equal but trade won't be consummated until August sometime.

« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:29 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

The trade that to me makes most sense is Tatum, Smart, Williams and then sign whatever 1st rounders we trade them in this coming draft and the salaries much. So

For

Other picks.

That's indeed the easiest way to do it, but that's a lot to give up. We have to be careful not to bid against ourselves. For now the Lakers seem to be our primary competition and they can't arrange a package that comes close to that. They don't have a prospect of Tatum's quality, neither do they have (expected) lottery picks.

« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2019, 08:17:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

For

Other picks.

That's indeed the easiest way to do it, but that's a lot to give up. We have to be careful not to bid against ourselves. For now the Lakers seem to be our primary competition and they can't arrange a package that comes close to that. They don't have a prospect of Tatum's quality, neither do they have (expected) lottery picks.
Tatum is a lot to give up but Kyrie, Horford and Hayward are going nowhere. Those 3 and AD mean you just need a SG to complete the starting 5 and Brown fits better than Tatum and is a way better defensive player. Since we need to include Smart for salary purposes, I don't want to lose both, top of the league, exceptional perimeter defenders like Brown and Smart.

And Williams is great but not needed with AD, Al and Baynes under contract.

« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

For

Other picks.

Tatum is a lot to give up but Kyrie, Horford and Hayward are going nowhere. Those 3 and AD mean you just need a SG to complete the starting 5 and Brown fits better than Tatum and is a way better defensive player. Since we need to include Smart for salary purposes, I don't want to lose both, top of the league, exceptional perimeter defenders like Brown and Smart.

I'm not trading Tatum if they'd accept Brown.  You can worry about the fit later.  And if it does come to it, by keeping Tatum you can get more back in trade.  Brown just isn't as good of a basketball player as Tatum and certainly doesn't possess equivalent trade value.

« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2019, 08:58:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

For

Other picks.

I'm not trading Tatum if they'd accept Brown.  You can worry about the fit later.  And if it does come to it, by keeping Tatum you can get more back in trade.  Brown just isn't as good of a basketball player as Tatum and certainly doesn't possess equivalent trade value.
I was just kind of trying to justify trading a better player in Tatum as I believe there is zero chance New Orleans does the trade without Tatum.

Long term, I think Brown and Tatum could be players of equal value but right now aren't and that's because I could see Brown being an All-Defense caliber player who can give you 18-20 with 6 rebounds a game. Tatum needs to get more aggressive defensively and really call to be a 25 ppg player. He can be a 25 ppg player any time he wants to now. He just has to assert himself both on and off the court.

« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2019, 09:05:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

For

Other picks.

I was just kind of trying to justify trading a better player in Tatum as I believe there is zero chance New Orleans does the trade without Tatum.

Long term, I think Brown and Tatum could be players of equal value but right now aren't and that's because I could see Brown being an All-Defense caliber player who can give you 18-20 with 6 rebounds a game. Tatum needs to get more aggressive defensively and really call to be a 25 ppg player. He can be a 25 ppg player any time he wants to now. He just has to assert himself both on and off the court.

Sure, NOP might very well demand Tatum, especially since it appears that Sacramento pick isn't going to be nearly as valuable as I'm sure many hoped.

But I do also think the deal you proposed is probably an overpay.  I can't see Ainge giving up Tatum, Smart, and the SAC pick.

« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
With what Jaylen Brown has showed so far this season, it's pretty obvious the Pels would be asking for Tatum.