Author Topic: Sixers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) 11/9  (Read 30396 times)

Re: Sixers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) 11/9
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
So bad and so frustratng.  It's like they forgot how to play.  I expect it to take time but they just so difficult to watch right now.

Jeff Green is shocking me -- I do not understand how he can look so completely lost. 

1-2 at home and the win in OT against one of the league's worst.  This is  not just a bad/slow start.  Not saying they won't get it together but I did not expect it to be this bad. 

« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I just don't see why excuses are being made for this team's poor play. Dallas has 9 new players, their best player is hurt, and they are 4-1. Just no excuse for this crap.

Who is making excuses?

They're playing like crap. They're not jelling.  But 2-3 or 4-1 starts mean very little in the long haul. 

Obviously if they play like this all year it will be an absolute nightmare, but are you really throwing in the towel after 5 games?  You have no faith that they'll improve over the course of a season?

To me, that's the joy of a season - watching how a team develops (or doesn't).  Even when they sucked, I still enjoyed seeing that process.

Vinnie does this every game/season.  It's his thing.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We should have never made the Perkins trade. That has GOT to be one of the biggest blunders in Boston sports history.

Yeah, because Perk has been playing like an All-Star since he went to OKC and he totally would get on the floor in a matchup with our main rival in the conference.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

Kiorrik

I just don't see why excuses are being made for this team's poor play. Dallas has 9 new players, their best player is hurt, and they are 4-1. Just no excuse for this crap.

Who is making excuses?
I was about to post the same thing. I'm sure there's *someone* who's making excuses, but this game thread has mainly been filled with "wow, we're not doing much" and worse...

« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don;t get how we can't defend the pick and roll anymore.  It doesn't make any sense.

« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Who is making excuses?

They're playing like crap. They're not jelling.  But 2-3 or 4-1 starts mean very little in the long haul. 

Obviously if they play like this all year it will be an absolute nightmare, but are you really throwing in the towel after 5 games?  You have no faith that they'll improve over the course of a season?

To me, that's the joy of a season - watching how a team develops (or doesn't).  Even when they sucked, I still enjoyed seeing that process.

Bottom line is there is no excuse for this crap. I will repeat what I said the other night. This looks like a team of mismatched parts. Not going to be a true contender in its current form.

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming this game for Rondo was pretty bad as 20 assist performances go.

Only saw the 2nd half, but he was good in the 2nd half.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Jeff Green is shocking me -- I do not understand how he can look so completely lost. 

Early in the season, but I do think that we're gradually reaching the point where we might just have to chalk up Green's contract as a sunk cost and move on.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »

Offline Big Rondo

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 37
We should have never made the Perkins trade. That has GOT to be one of the biggest blunders in Boston sports history.

Yeah, because Perk has been playing like an All-Star since he went to OKC and he totally would get on the floor in a matchup with our main rival in the conference.

Chemistry. 2011 run w/ Shaq. Jeff Green.

3 Definitive reasons to have kept him right there.
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounds win championships.

« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Dec 15th can't get here soon enough. Green/Lee/Sully/Melo/1st for Josh Smith. Goodbye Green, hello NBA Finals.

Why would anyone in the NBA take Jeff Green's contract? He stinks now and is way overpaid. I would think bradley would have to be part of a  deal like this,  but I like how your thinking. Some combo of players on this roster for Smith.  Smith and KG in the paint-  That will solve our rebounding problems.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We were a little bit better tonight, but we still couldn't maintain any good play for too long. The worst part is that we could have easily won this game if we had played just one good quarter.

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Who is making excuses?

Bottom line is there is no excuse for this crap. I will repeat what I said the other night. This looks like a team of mismatched parts. Not going to be a true contender in its current form.

Again. Who is making excuses?

I haven't seen any Celtics who aren't owning up to the results.  They know this is not good.
Yup

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Who is making excuses?

I can't conclude that this team won't get it together.  I am pretty sure you and others were counting the C's out early last year. 

They have been terrible but I am not certain that they won't work this out. 

« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
positives:

rondo 5 games of consistent double-doubles
pierce: even when shooting bad can still get you 24 points
kg: still got it
lee: much better showing Doc didn't go to him much in the 2nd half
jet: finding his touch

found a lineup that works:
rondo-pierce-jet-kg-wilcox

« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
positives:

rondo 5 games of consistent double-doubles
pierce: even when shooting bad can still get you 24 points
kg: still got it
lee: much better showing Doc didn't go to him much in the 2nd half
jet: finding his touch

found a lineup that works:
rondo-pierce-jet-kg-wilcox

There's another positive: Jeff Green has hit rock bottom, so it can't get much worse than that! oh wait, did I say that last game as well...?? :-X
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...