Author Topic: Celtics miss Marcus Smart  (Read 5352 times)

Re: Celtics miss Marcus Smart
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If he comes back and they start winning ...especially if they start winning big....I'll have to admit to being wrong.  Especially if the fancy metrics (waaayyyyy fancier than the metric of wins) tell a tale

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
All these articles that have come calling him heart and soul -if anything when he gets in that place he is heartless and soulless with violent strength that feels no pain.He gets to a place few in the NBA can navigate-he is allowed because he is a guard to use his strength and mass in a ferocious manner against bigger opponents
.Dave Cowens was allowed to release his furies with no concerns for anybodies physical harm because he was a small center
,Charles Barkley went to those places of carnage.
A few games ago Kyrie went on a long slide for a loose ball going out of bounds-it was long and artistic like he skimmed friction less-i applauded the performance

But Marcus ripping balls away just,so quick and with such kenetic force that it stuns the larger opponents,Pouncing or head first dives with no concern of physical harm
Time after time putting his body in front of larger players pounding, hell bent on getting to hoop
 and Marcus takes it full force drawing charges.THE GUY AIN'T HUMAN it's some primal instinct.
Fourth quarter offensive rebounds surrounded by bigs,he ferociously carves space and attacks almost primordial coming away with the ball or a big put back.
He can switch onto anyone and his combination of strength and length gets him in passing lanes or for steal of a crossover.
Marcus is a defensive beast ,a smaller version of Draymond
He throws up end of quarter half court shots with no regard to stats or gets lumbered with no time on clock for rushed threes.Or sometimes in the heat, he throws up a shot too early in the shot clock -That's Marcus-so what

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 12:02:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If he comes back and they start winning ...especially if they start winning big....I'll have to admit to being wrong.  Especially if the fancy metrics (waaayyyyy fancier than the metric of wins) tell a tale

It will be impossible to tell if it’s due to his return or due to much needed practice and rest for the whole team over the all- star break though.

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:56 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

It will be impossible to tell if it’s due to his return or due to much needed practice and rest for the whole team over the all- star break though.

I don't think it is impossible to tell.  It won't be simple black and white but if you watch the games and he is making a difference, you can tell, certainly the coaches should be able to tell.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We just gave up 129 points to the Clippers.
Yes, we need Marcus back. He wears people down.

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2018, 11:37:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I thought this blog hated smart?  Make up your minds!

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
What if I told you this blog is made up of a bunch of different individuals with different opinions?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
What if I told you this blog is made up of a bunch of different individuals with different opinions?

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I sure as heck miss someone who gave a dang on perimeter defense, that's for sure.. our guards and swing men just do the matador defense and let them right into the paint. Which causes our bigs to step up and give up the wide open buckets to their bigs or let their guards in for an easy layup. We have to have one of the worst paint defense in the league because of that, paired with our dreadful paint offense lately and it's just been brutal.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2018, 05:34:29 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I guess if he is perceived to turn the team around defensively when he returns we will wonder if this gives him leverage for next year's contract. Or rather how much Danny thinks it is worth if we win a few more games when he returns? It will be interesting  to watch these boards then when we realize his value is even more difficult to quantify.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku