Author Topic: I love this team  (Read 2231 times)

Re: I love this team
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I didn’t think it was possible to like this team as much as last year’s, but they proved me wrong. They’re a bunch of dirt dogs.

They are indeed. Tough and resilient!

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I have a feeling that this thread has durability.  Prove me right.  This has been a lovable team, and I personally hope it can be kept together as much as possible.

THANK-YOU BOSTON CELTICS FOR A GREAT SEASON.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I definitely think I wanted it more for the 2012 Celts - just to stick to Lebron one final time, go down in glory, and hey maybe get lucky in the Finals.  I was pretty bummed that they let that one slip away.

This time around, it is absolutely house money.  Not saying that I will not be disappointed if they do not pull through, but this is series feels like the first step for a nucleus that could be a force for years to come.

I was comparing it to 2012 myself last night. That felt SO much worse.  It felt like the end and lebron was going to reign forever.  I was hoping a win last night would be the reverse of 2012, feeling like the end of lebron’s reign and we would reign forever...but I honestly still feel that way in the wake of the loss. This will be motivating for all the young guys next season and honestly, an nba finals trip without Hayward and kyrie May have provided some awkwardness when they became part of the team again and tried to lead it.  Everyone will be on the same page next year with a hunger even greater than this season.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
THANK-YOU BOSTON CELTICS FOR A GREAT SEASON.

How I feel exactly, Thanks for a great season!!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It felt like the end and lebron was going to reign forever.  I was hoping a win last night would be the reverse of 2012,

It's coming next year...

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I didn’t think it was possible to like this team as much as last year’s, but they proved me wrong. They’re a bunch of dirt dogs.
Interesting. I don't remember being as aggravated by a Celtics team as much as I was last and this year. And I watched nearly every game of those Ricky Davis and Al Jefferson teams. Perhaps it's just old age.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
This is probably the best season that I had as a fan I had since rooting for the team.

I love this team, the kids with Al, simply amazing times.

Tatum.
Brown.
Morris, Baynes.
Theiss, the way he competed.
T-Roz.
Brad Stevens, all guys just being themselves.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
I agree, love the team, love the guys but we cracked under pressure. Stopped playing well on the road and I'm surprised, these guys stepped up all season but those 3 efforts in Cleveland & game 7 were pathetic. The Cavs were begging us to put them out of their misery. I'm think we lost our way a little there, but great season !!
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This is probably the best season that I had as a fan I had since rooting for the team.

I love this team, the kids with Al, simply amazing times.

Tatum.
Brown.
Morris, Baynes.
Theiss, the way he competed.
T-Roz.
Brad Stevens, all guys just being themselves.
similar here. i had really low expectations for this team after the first 5 minutes of the season. but they proved me wrong by playing smart and hard.

they simply would not quit and had soooooo many come back wins!!! (this is a positive thread so let's not get into WHY they had to orchestrate such comebacks.  ;D  )

this team was fun to watch. i am looking forward to the draft to see what ainge will do. then on to next season, and it will be the finals for sure for that team.

and thanks to all you for cheering the celtics on along with me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What a great season.

Cant wait for preseason.