Author Topic: Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 224544 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #480 on: September 04, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would like to please make 2 suggestions. The first is for Monday. It's my only day off, I have multiple picks, and I have never been able to do the draft.

The second is that now that we have a draft time, maybe it is now time to (perhaps slowly) start announcing a couple trades a day.

Thank you for your consideration

« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I would like to please make 2 suggestions. The first is for Monday. It's my only day off, I have multiple picks, and I have never been able to do the draft.

The second is that now that we have a draft time, maybe it is now time to (perhaps slowly) start announcing a couple trades a day.

Thank you for your consideration

I support both suggestions, fwiw

« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Another suggestion could be to allow people to make picks now at their convenience, then on draft day all remaining picks must be made by each picks time slot.

« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
We would have to announce trades first, but once that's done in theory if you have the first pick and are ready to go it could be done. It might be worth a try just to see how that goes. Personally I don't care how it's done that bad. I just wish I could actually log in, see who's available, and make the pick. I dislike autodrafting. I would think autodrafting must be tough for Lucky

« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Here's a trade to announce. It involves a 2014 1st rounder:

Utah Flash trade Zach Randolph and Wesley Matthews
Toines Boys trade Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, Toine's Boys 2014 own 1st rounder and 2nd rounder
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #485 on: September 04, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
everyone likes this 2014 draft coming up..but i like to see how they do in college first
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #486 on: September 04, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
everyone likes this 2014 draft coming up..but i like to see how they do in college first

Agreed. For the above trade, I don't like it much for the Flash.

And, I think it's a perfect illustrator of the problems with allowing the trading of future picks. How are we supposed to determine whether this isn't an incredibly lopsided deal? If Zach and Wes propel Toine's Boys to the championship, Flash are going to have the #20 and #40 picks for the trouble.

« Reply #487 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Here's a trade to announce. It involves a 2014 1st rounder:

Utah Flash trade Zach Randolph and Wesley Matthews
Toines Boys trade Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, Toine's Boys 2014 own 1st rounder and 2nd rounder
I ran this by my trade committee and gave it an up and down vote upon which the committee concluded that I approve of this trade

« Reply #488 on: September 04, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

And, I think it's a perfect illustrator of the problems with allowing the trading of future picks. How are we supposed to determine whether this isn't an incredibly lopsided deal? If Zach and Wes propel Toine's Boys to the championship, Flash are going to have the #20 and #40 picks for the trouble.
Well that's the thing about being a fantasy owner. You take similar risks that actual GMs take, only it hopefully doesn't cost us our job. In fact the GMs can trade 2016 picks even. We're limited to one year out and use the best info we have.

« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2013, 06:24:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't like the 2014 draft, which is why I traded my 2014er. Granted I also acquired some.

« Reply #490 on: September 04, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I like the idea of letting the draft start without an immediate timeframe. Right now I would have to be available for 4+ hours straight during a work day (and every hour in between) in order to make all of my picks, which is impossible M-F.

Not the end of the world of course regardless of how we do it, but what if we opened the draft on a Friday and let it go with no timeframe until Tuesday, then started the clock? That would give the whole weekend for people to work through as many picks as possible. Worst case, we get stuck somewhere in the middle and proceed as usual but with a few picks out of the way. Or maybe just 5 picks per day for the 1st round, so nobody has to budget more than 40 minutes to be on the site at a time?

« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2013, 06:42:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I like the idea of letting the draft start without an immediate timeframe. Right now I would have to be available for 4+ hours straight during a work day (and every hour in between) in order to make all of my picks, which is impossible M-F.

Not the end of the world of course regardless of how we do it, but what if we opened the draft on a Friday and let it go with no timeframe until Tuesday, then started the clock? That would give the whole weekend for people to work through as many picks as possible. Worst case, we get stuck somewhere in the middle and proceed as usual but with a few picks out of the way. Or maybe just 5 picks per day for the 1st round, so nobody has to budget more than 40 minutes to be on the site at a time?

One word for you: picksitting.

There's going to be at least one GM who's going to milk his allotted time for all its worth while he shops his pick.

Imposing strict deadlines for each pick is the only way, in my eyes, to ensure that the draft moves at a decent pace.

Secondly, I'm simply unwilling to devote my time at home during evenings or weekends to these draft proceedings.

« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Love this time of the year...Football starting, baseball playoffs is near, cooler weather, and of course, OUR FANTASY DRAFT!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

One word for you: picksitting.

There's going to be at least one GM who's going to milk his allotted time for all its worth while he shops his pick.

Imposing strict deadlines for each pick is the only way, in my eyes, to ensure that the draft moves at a decent pace.

Secondly, I'm simply unwilling to devote my time at home during evenings or weekends to these draft proceedings.

Although it's not perfect, I prefer the draft format the way it is. For those who show up every year, it's a ton of fun with a lot of activity going down between picks. The pressure of the clock really forces the action, whereas unlimited time, as it happens pretty much throughout the season, allows GMs to sit back and hope some better offer comes along.

« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

well, the Flash would also have Jeremy Lamb and PJ3, who I still consider strong young prospects. The Flash always somehow win out when it comes to drafting players.