Author Topic: Paul Pierce This Summer  (Read 2655 times)

Paul Pierce This Summer
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:14:05 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I'm sure we've all seen the reports of Pierce spending time with Tatum this summer and now showing up at training camp as well (Pierce and Eddie House having some fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlyzIIoKcGc).

It's nice for the young guys to hear from the ones who have been there before but I'm happy about it for Pierce, too.

I wasn't concerned when Pierce lost his job at ESPN but there have been a few incidents since then (particularly one on a live stream with KG) that have added to and made me a bit worried he's lost control a bit, as a relatively young man with too much money and not enough to keep him occupied.

Tatum says he thinks Pierce lost 15-20lbs while they were working out. As someone who grew up watching Pierce, I'm hoping for the best for him and that if he was going off the rails, he's back on.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Paul Pierce This Summer
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It can't hurt to have three champs from '08 in the gym, talking trash, bringing some competitive intensity to the building.

And I agree about Pierce. He might've struggled a little bit finding a direction in life after his media stint was over. I think he just belongs around the game and I'm glad to see him around this team and Tatum in particular.

Re: Paul Pierce This Summer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 07:29:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I'm sure we've all seen the reports of Pierce spending time with Tatum this summer and now showing up at training camp as well (Pierce and Eddie House having some fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlyzIIoKcGc).

It's nice for the young guys to hear from the ones who have been there before but I'm happy about it for Pierce, too.

I wasn't concerned when Pierce lost his job at ESPN but there have been a few incidents since then (particularly one on a live stream with KG) that have added to and made me a bit worried he's lost control a bit, as a relatively young man with too much money and not enough to keep him occupied.

Tatum says he thinks Pierce lost 15-20lbs while they were working out. As someone who grew up watching Pierce, I'm hoping for the best for him and that if he was going off the rails, he's back on.

I was thinking this as well. Seemed like Paul didn’t know what to do with himself. Glad he’s around the team and he’d be a great to have on the bench as an assistant. Not sure if that’s something he’s interested in, but the players look like they like having him around.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.