Author Topic: Tatum and Brown appreciation thread  (Read 787 times)

Re: Tatum and Brown appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:35:56 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If the Celtics in it all this year or next I think it dramatically increases the chances that both guys are around long term, and if they are they will end up at or near the top of a lot of all time Celtics lists.

Its a generation Celtics duo that has done just about everything you could want except win a title. Really hope they get it this year.
If not this year, I don't think it happens.  This is their shot.

Maybe. I've watched enough basketball to know that its very unpredictable year to year. A lot of people thought the C's window had closed when they went .500 back in 2021. Then some people wondered whether they blew their chance when they lost to GSW in 2022. People thought Jaylen needed to be traded after they got upset in the ECF in 2023. So ya, this year seems wide open and it will be disappointing if they lose, but I'm never willing to just say that's it.

But ya, this is easily the best chance they've had so far and its hard to see an easier path to the Finals. Although i will say: Neither Dallas nor Minnesota would be a finals pushover. I'd put those teams on a close to similar level as Denver, GSW, Phoenix in terms of deserving Finals teams the last few years.

The major caveat is always injuries. If KP doesn't come back and they lose to Minnesota I don't think that's a choke job. Same if Tatum/Brown/White were to go down with a sprained ankle or something.

I think they have have a great chance this year, but to close their window after this season feels really premature and reactionary. It's been well established how hard it is to win it all in this league before age 27/28 but if 26 year old Jayson Tatum doesn't win right now it's likely he never will?
If it came off that way, that wasn't the intention. I was meaning that if they don't win this year, then they won't win as a duo and will need to be broken up.  The team is going to price and age itself out very quickly.  This is the year or I just don't think it happens without some major moves.  There are always variables, but everything lines up for them.  I think you could make a similar argument about the Bills and Josh Allen getting by the Chiefs (and to a lesser extent the same if Ravens and Chiefs).  Last year was the best chance for Allen and he didn't do it. The team has now moved off of Diggs and will probably make a bunch of other moves in the next year to try and build a different team around Allen to get by the Chiefs.  That is what I see for Boston if they don't win this year.  If they can't do it this year, then I just don't think it happens for Tatum and Brown as teammates.

Sorry, I completely checked out when you started talking about football.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman