Author Topic: Pittsnogle  (Read 6101 times)

Re: Do you remember Kevin Pittsnogle?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
If I were him. I'd go to Europe for a year or two, take in all that cash. Come home, continue to teach, and he'll be set. But then he has a family to worry about.

Yeah I agree.  If I were him I'd try the NBA attempt as being a bench player, so he could stay in the states.  If that weren't to work out then go over seas for a few years and then come back here and be a teacher again.  He and his family would pretty much be set then.  

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hmmmm...maybe 20/20 hindsight here, but which of these 3 guys has an expression on his that says "I belong"

Yup

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I know the duke from CSL, was a big pittsnoogle fan, he had a nice friendship with his mom.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Hmmmm...maybe 20/20 hindsight here, but which of these 3 guys has an expression on his that says "I belong"

Definitely Allan Ray.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Pittsnoggle is a perfect example of a great college player who's game did not translate in the pros. He was a great college player but couldn't do crap with the big boys. Goes to show, a great college career does not guarantee success in the NBA.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Pittsnoggle is a perfect example of a great college player who's game did not translate in the pros. He was a great college player but couldn't do crap with the big boys. Goes to show, a great college career does not guarantee success in the NBA.
And sometimes it is the system that makes them great. Pittsnoggle made a living shooting threes and exploiting mismatches in college. No one in the NBA was prepared to build an offense to suit him because he was too soft defensively and was also a poor rebounder if memory serves. Pittsnoggle needed a lot of conditioning work and never put in the time as a college player. That lack of effort sealed his fate IMO.

I would rather bring back Taylor Coppenrath.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Pittsnogle
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 10:35:05 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
This was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. I thought someone would be interested in reading where our former preseason sharp shooter ended up.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Finally-an-answer-to-Whatever-happened-to-Kevi?urn=ncaab,134910
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Pittsnogle
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
This was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. I thought someone would be interested in reading where our former preseason sharp shooter ended up.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Finally-an-answer-to-Whatever-happened-to-Kevi?urn=ncaab,134910

yup read that too
I wonder how yahoo and Cb  worries about same things at the same time...lol  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!