Author Topic: SI Latest Mock draft  (Read 9245 times)

Re: SI Latest Mock draft
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 09:02:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What a bad mock.

Bitadze look like a less athletic and smaller Enes Kanter.

There are many player I take above him that they have coming after.

Terrible, makes no sense. Brad's system doesnt like traditional back to the basket, slow plodding centers, why would we draft one.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala
I mean... Bitadze is 2cm taller than Kanter while only being 4lbs lighter and he's a kid still. Plus vertically he is definitely more athletic than Kanter and moves his feet faster. Not sure what you're seeing. Bitadze is actually a solid defender.

We can likely end up with both NAW and Bitadze, which would be a good result for me
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I’d be p---ed if we passed on Langford.

Id even prefer Herro or Bol Bol if the draft pans out the way SI thinks

Apparently Herro impressed the C's. He even hit 80 out of 100 in his 3pt drill.

Of course we hear these things this time of year, and DA goes left when he's got every one thinking he's going right.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
What a bad mock.

Terrible, makes no sense. Brad's system doesnt like traditional back to the basket, slow plodding centers, why would we draft one.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

I like your picks a lot better than the SI Mock.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala
I mean... Bitadze is 2cm taller than Kanter while only being 4lbs lighter and he's a kid still. Plus vertically he is definitely more athletic than Kanter and moves his feet faster. Not sure what you're seeing. Bitadze is actually a solid defender.

We can likely end up with both NAW and Bitadze, which would be a good result for me
I agree.  Looks like a better Kanter.  Definitely not slow and plodding.  Good in PnR.   Finishes with both hands and plays through contact.  Will shoot 3s.  Solid rim protector.  He'd be a good pick at 20 and probably at 14 too. 

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 11:50:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

I agree.  Looks like a better Kanter.  Definitely not slow and plodding.  Good in PnR.   Finishes with both hands and plays through contact.  Will shoot 3s.  Solid rim protector.  He'd be a good pick at 20 and probably at 14 too.
Absolutely. He's hardly a plodder-people who take one look at his body and some highlights of his offensive game can't grasp that he's actually a very solid defender in the post and on the perimeter. Also has range on his jumpshot, so if he doesn't play under Brad I would have major questions regarding his system, as there aren't a lot of sharpshooting big men who can defend at a high level.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 11:51:12 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I’d be p---ed if we passed on Langford.

Id even prefer Herro or Bol Bol if the draft pans out the way SI thinks

Apparently Herro impressed the C's. He even hit 80 out of 100 in his 3pt drill.

Of course we hear these things this time of year, and DA goes left when he's got every one thinking he's going right.
I hope we don't draft Herro-he really doesn't fit what we should be doing to upgrade the team, which is to acquire skilled and mobile size.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 11:53:55 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

Absolutely. He's hardly a plodder-people who take one look at his body and some highlights of his offensive game can't grasp that he's actually a very solid defender in the post and on the perimeter. Also has range on his jumpshot, so if he doesn't play under Brad I would have major questions regarding his system, as there aren't a lot of sharpshooting big men who can defend at a high level.

If Bitaze doesn’t be some what of a stud I’d be stunned. I’m testing my scouting skills on him

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 11:55:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

If Bitaze doesn’t be some what of a stud I’d be stunned. I’m testing my scouting skills on him
Agree, I'm projecting him to be a Nurkic type with a jumpshot.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
The more that I find out about this draft, the more that I want to use the picks in an AD trade or, if it comes to this, as inducements for the team that Irving wants to sign with and a possible 3rd team to participate in an S&T that lands us a consolation prize like Conley or Russell.

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 07:00:43 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

Let's assume that Bitadze is on par as a talent with Nurkic and Vucevic. I've combined both their first 3 years in the league as a projection how Bitadze could perform.

That would lead to averaging (over the first 3 years):

57 games / 24 MPG / 10,0 PPG / 8,2 REB / 1,4 ASS / 1,6 TO / 0,8 ST / 1,0 BL and 50%(2P) / 64%(FT)

But that's a player that doesn't shoot 3's, isn't really capable of switching on defense, not a superb passer (yet) and only a decent rim protector. How many minutes will such a player get in Stevens' system?

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 07:31:28 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

Let's assume that Bitadze is on par as a talent with Nurkic and Vucevic. I've combined both their first 3 years in the league as a projection how Bitadze could perform.

57 games / 24 MPG / 10,0 PPG / 8,2 REB / 1,4 ASS / 1,6 TO / 0,8 ST / 1,0 BL and 50%(2P) / 64%(FT)

But that's a player that doesn't shoot 3's, isn't really capable of switching on defense, not a superb passer (yet) and only a decent rim protector. How many minutes will such a player get in Stevens' system?

He appears to pass the ball out of the high post very well without hanging on to it at all. Also, a good pick-and-roll defender. Someone has already taught him some important stuff. He is a little like Horford, but very young and will need to get into NBA shape. He might be the right big for the Celts.

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 07:41:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What a bad mock.

NAW
Samanic
Thybulle or Okpala

He appears to pass the ball out of the high post very well without hanging on to it at all. Also, a good pick-and-roll defender. Someone has already taught him some important stuff. He is a little like Horford, but very young and will need to get into NBA shape. He might be the right big for the Celts.
Game reminds me of Duncan. Lots of 15 foot shots. Obviously not in the same class.

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 07:42:08 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Bitadze is a younger Baynes.

He is more old school cemter than new age center.

We need speed, length, floor spacing, ability tobswitch defensively etc.

They have Bruno Fernando listed as further down the draft and Bruno is a far better prospect and a far better fit for stevens system

Weaknesses: He lacks explosiveness ... He is not a huge leaper ... His second jump isn't always as strong as the first ... His body has improved, but he must continue bulking up ... Lower body needs work ... Very emotional player, which isn't always good, since at time he loses focus for a few plays ... He is a little clumsy at times on both ends of the floor ... He might not be afraid of contact, but bigger and more experienced opponents can make life difficult for him on defense ... He doesn't always finish strong at the rim, which leads to bad misses around the basket ... Has problems finishing through contact and in traffic ... He is not a consistent shooter for now ... His free throw shooting could improve ... He must be able to mix it up when he plays with his back to the basket, maybe add some up and under moves ... He doesn't know how to read double-teams for now ... His passing needs work ... Turnover prone, mainly due to inexperience ... His pick n' roll defense needs work ... He is a willing defender on pick n' roll situations and has a good low stance, but his average lateral quickness limits him ... He “bites” on fakes and commits bad fouls ... He really needs to learn the law of verticality and not just go for the block all the time ... Can be foul prone due to his clumsiness and emotional playing ... At times he loses focus when he defends away of the ball...

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

They have Bruno Fernando listed as further down the draft and Bruno is a far better prospect and a far better fit for stevens system

Weaknesses: He lacks explosiveness ... He is not a huge leaper ... His second jump isn't always as strong as the first ... His body has improved, but he must continue bulking up ... Lower body needs work ... Very emotional player, which isn't always good, since at time he loses focus for a few plays ... He is a little clumsy at times on both ends of the floor ... He might not be afraid of contact, but bigger and more experienced opponents can make life difficult for him on defense ... He doesn't always finish strong at the rim, which leads to bad misses around the basket ... Has problems finishing through contact and in traffic ... He is not a consistent shooter for now ... His free throw shooting could improve ... He must be able to mix it up when he plays with his back to the basket, maybe add some up and under moves ... He doesn't know how to read double-teams for now ... His passing needs work ... Turnover prone, mainly due to inexperience ... His pick n' roll defense needs work ... He is a willing defender on pick n' roll situations and has a good low stance, but his average lateral quickness limits him ... He “bites” on fakes and commits bad fouls ... He really needs to learn the law of verticality and not just go for the block all the time ... Can be foul prone due to his clumsiness and emotional playing ... At times he loses focus when he defends away of the ball...
Dude, Bitadze and Baynes play nothing alike. They're just big and white.

Fernando is also not a "far better prospect"
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 08:03:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Which doesn't come with Bruno Fernando either. He has good speed, decent shooting and a good ability to switch defensively, but lacks length and size at the center position. Bitadze has legit length and size, can shoot the ball, can pass well, and contrary to your opinion is decent at switching despite your labelling of him being an "old school center" (not really like Baynes tbh). Add in the fact that he's a year younger than Fernando, and he has a very solid case of being a better prospect. As for Stevens' system, I created a thread that detailed it lacking legitimate size that is skilled and mobile, which Bitadze can help mitigate (yes he is mobile for his size, you don't expect AD level speed for every legit seven footer).

Bruno's weaknesses from the same site that you used:

Still unproven to some degree against quality competition, though this season he has begun to show what he can do against higher level opponents ... Offensive game, while promising is still a work in progress ... Still not the most prolific of scorers at 15 ppg after averaging 10 ppg as a freshman in the Big Ten ... While he has come a long way in a short time, still must continue to improve upon his feel for the game ... At times is slow to recognize double teams and will take the ball into the teeth of defenders, instead of working the ball out for a better look ... His ball handling has really grown into a strength, but can still be sloppy and lead to turnovers ... Doesn't have range out past 12-15 feet at this point. While his form and touch suggest he could develop a 3 point shot, to this point he has not been able to add that element to his game ... His passing at times can be sloppy, though his 2 assists per game are solid for a big and show that he's not a black hole on offense ... Perhaps just slightly undersized at the center position at 6'10 ... Will be 21 (August 15th) before the 2019 NBA Season begins, so his upside is not as intriguing as a true freshman ... Not the most formidable shot blocker or rim protector, though he's solid in this area with a chance to improve. He'll need to focus more attention to this area of the game ...
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA