Author Topic: Indiana, Detroit, Celtics - Combining rumors  (Read 1259 times)

Indiana, Detroit, Celtics - Combining rumors
« on: October 28, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
It is known that Celitcs have interest in Wood. They tried to trade for him in the season. Also with Christian asking twitter who he should play for this next season it seems like he might be on the way out of Detroit.
It is known that Indiana are intested in Hayward
It has been discussed that Detroit is willing to trade down, wants a "star" player and needs bodies.

so

Indiana trade: Dipo, Leaf, Lamb
gets: Hayward

Indiana upgrades and declutters starting lineup.

Brogdon
Hayward
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

Detroit trades: Wood (resigned 3 years 15 mill per season), #7
gets: Dipo, Leaf, Timelord, Edwards and #14

Detroit adds their star and adds alot of depth.

Dipo
Kennard
Snell
Griffin
Timelord

Boston Gordon, Edwards, Timelord, #14
gets: Wood, #7, Lamb (12 million tpe)

Draft Haliburton or Hayes at 7

Kemba/Haliburton
Smart/Romeo
Brown/Lamb
Tatum/GrantW
Wood/Theis
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

Re: Indiana, Detroit, Celtics - Combining rumors
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Trust me, I’ve been all over bringing Christian Wood to Boston. And I’ve also been all over trading up to the Pistons draft spot at #7.

The problem is, Hayward’s option isn’t due until after draft night. That takes away the Celtics’ ability to involve him in trade scenarios unless he knows about it and is on board.

In this scenario, I don’t like the idea of the Celtics trading #14. Wood is leaving Detroit via free agency and is not worth pick 14 from a leverage standpoint.

Also, a sign and trade could hard cap the Celtics, so it’s important the order in which offseason moves are made.

My version of a BOS-DET-IND trade:

SPLIT INTO THREE SEPARATE DEALS:

Trade #1:

To BOS: Turner, Lamb, McDermott (as much as I want TJ Warren, I’m not sure on his value after his play inside the bubble)

To IND: Hayward, & pick #30, plus #47

Trade #2: The Pistons will have cap space.

Myles Turner to DET (absorbed into cap space)

Trade #3:

To BOS: Christian Wood (via sign and trade)

To DET: Carsen Edwards, Semi Ojeleye, future Celtics 1st (protected top 20)

If Kanter doesn’t opt out, he can be thrown into trade #3.

Celtics IN: Wood, Lamb, McDermott

Celtics OUT: Hayward, (maybe Kanter?), Ojeleye, Edwards, picks 30, 47, & a future 1st.

Why for Boston? They get Wood. Sure they’d probably prefer to keep their future 1st, but they’d be getting Wood under contract and would be taking on about $18M in salary with Lamb & McDermott.

Lamb and McDermott can always be traded again. McDermott is an expiring an can be traded to save money if need be. Maybe Boston could pursue a better fit (Aaron Gordon for Lamb/McDermott, etc?)

Why for the Pistons?

Christian Wood can leave for nothing. The Pistons make use of their cap space by absorbing Turner. They also take a flier on Edwards and Ojeleye, while getting a future 1st in return.

Why for IND?

They want Hayward. Clears Turner off the books which will help towards paying Gordon. They also receive picks 30 & 47, while shedding Lambs salary (coming off an injury with 2 years left on his deal), and moving on from McDermott (expiring). Turner plays sometimes like he has two left feet. They’ll miss his shot blocking, but will be better off without him.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Trust me, I’ve been all over bringing Christian Wood to Boston. And I’ve also been all over trading up to the Pistons draft spot at #7.

The problem is, Hayward’s option isn’t due until after draft night. That takes away the Celtics’ ability to involve him in trade scenarios unless he knows about it and is on board.

In this scenario, I don’t like the idea of the Celtics trading #14. Wood is leaving Detroit via free agency and is not worth pick 14 from a leverage standpoint.

Also, a sign and trade could hard cap the Celtics, so it’s important the order in which offseason moves are made.

Trade #1:

To BOS: Turner, Lamb, McDermott (as much as I want TJ Warren, I’m not sure on his value after his play inside the bubble)

Trade #3:

Celtics OUT: Hayward, (maybe Kanter?), Ojeleye, Edwards, picks 30, 47, & a future 1st.

Why for Boston? They get Wood. Sure they’d probably prefer to keep their future 1st, but they’d be getting Wood under contract and would be taking on about $18M in salary with Lamb & McDermott.

Lamb and McDermott can always be traded again. McDermott is an expiring an can be traded to save money if need be. Maybe Boston could pursue a better fit (Aaron Gordon for Lamb/McDermott, etc?)

Why for the Pistons?

Christian Wood can leave for nothing. The Pistons make use of their cap space by absorbing Turner. They also take a flier on Edwards and Ojeleye, while getting a future 1st in return.

Why for IND?

They want Hayward. Clears Turner off the books which will help towards paying Gordon. They also receive picks 30 & 47, while shedding Lambs salary (coming off an injury with 2 years left on his deal), and moving on from McDermott (expiring). Turner plays sometimes like he has two left feet. They’ll miss his shot blocking, but will be better off without him.

The idea that this team cold have Haliburton and Wood this offseason makes me very happy.

I do think Gordon would opt in early if being traded to Indiana. Unless I am mistaken, the deadline is currently after the draft, but he could opt in any time before that.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

Trade #1:

Trade #3:

Why for the Pistons?

Why for IND?

The idea that this team cold have Haliburton and Wood this offseason makes me very happy.

I do think Gordon would opt in early if being traded to Indiana. Unless I am mistaken, the deadline is currently after the draft, but he could opt in any time before that.

Haliburton & Wood intrigue me as well! While Okongwu is a nice prospect, I just see more upside in selecting a guard like Haliburton to pair with the Jays.

As long as the big man void is filled (Wood), the focus should be on selecting players that other teams will ask for in trades, but the Celtics will want to keep (like the Jays). I think down the line teams (i.e Suns/Wizards) would be more interested in a showcased Haliburton & Langford > Okongwu.

Gordon is able to opt in or out before the draft, however it’s usually not the smart route for the player to opt in prior to the draft. If he were to opt in early and make this deal possible, I’d be grinning from ear to ear. The fact that it’s IND gives me a little bit of hope.