Author Topic: Congrats Golden State Warriors!!!  (Read 6124 times)

Re: Congrats Golden State Warriors!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
if Boston had done something similar, I'd be as happy as a pig in slop

As would every single other person who whines and moans about Durant / GSW. It's hypocrisy at its finest.

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Apparently Kevin Durant is having an x-ray today, to see if he has a backbone.

What a pathetic worm. All the GSW/Durant apologists just make me laugh. Must be nice jumping on bandwagons and living life without a spine.

Oh, we've got spine. We're just not hateful, jealous babies.

I like to congratulate others on their success.

What a sterling example of incredible sportsmanship you are. Something for us hateful, jealous types to aspire to. Enjoy the victory parade.

Bill Russell's Celtics, Larry Bird's Celtics, all those teams had a TON of respect for their opponents. That's partly what made them great.

We should do the same as fans, we compete and cheer all out during the competition, but show respect when its over. I mean, we don't want to become a disgusting, classless fanbase like Phili fans.
Also what made them great was not having to compete with the GSW every year

Yeah, they only had to deal with guys like Dolph Schayes, Red Kerr, Bob Pettit, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Billy Cunningham, Elgin Baylor, and Jerry West, for example, during Russell's run, and the Hawks, Knicks, Bullets, Sixers, Bucks, Pistons, Rockets, and Lakers during the Bird Era ::).

Yeah, in that era with so few teams, virtually all teams were stacked!

In Bird's era, he had Magic, Isaiah's Pistons, Barkley's Sixers, the Ewing lead Knicks, MJ's Bulls, Karl Malone-Stockton Jazz, the twin towers of Houston, just to name a few.

It must've been hard to make it to the finals, what with there being so few teams. Imagine how hard it would be to make the finals if there were only two teams!! man those teams would be stacked!

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Well if you enjoy watching great basketball with ball movement it can be hard to dislike watching them.

I look at it as a basketball fan they are fun to watch, and as a Celtics fan I want to beat them badly.

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
I been saying this for years, there are too many teams in the NBA..theres bout 7- 8 real good teams..others u know they not going to compete for the championship...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well if you enjoy watching great basketball with ball movement it can be hard to dislike watching them.

I look at it as a basketball fan they are fun to watch, and as a Celtics fan I want to beat them badly.

I don’t think they’re fun to watch. Too much showboating and cockiness, mixed with dirty play.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2018, 11:47:28 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Super teams make the NBA compelling. Only problem is there is only one right now. We need more super teams.

Hopefully the Cs get healthy and fulfill that role in the East. Would love them to beat GS. I found Draymond Green the most annoying player in the NBA.

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 11:53:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Yea i think Draymond Green is my most hated player in NBA
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I don’t think they’re fun to watch. Too much showboating and cockiness, mixed with dirty play.

These seem to be fair criticisms, so I can understand why someone might not like watching them. Personally, I don't really like them, and didn't like them before Durant showed up.

I do appreciate their style of play and just how good they are, though.

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I been saying this for years, there are too many teams in the NBA..theres bout 7- 8 real good teams..others u know they not going to compete for the championship...

Me too. Contraction probably won't ever happen unless the U.S. regresses to a third-world country, but I'd love to see all the garbage franchises get axed.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Yea i think Draymond Green is my most hated player in NBA

Followed by Zaza Pachulia, and Joel Embiid.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
GSW played by the rules.

But Durant move does feel like they stacked the deck.

Just more motivation for Danny this off season to figure out if our team, fully healthy, can beat them.  Finding someone who can defend Durant one on one is the biggest question. Not sure if that person has been born yet.

But who was Nigel Hayes?

Edit: Perhaps Dewayne Dedmon, as well.

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Yuck. Screw the Warriors. Can't wait to destroy them. They really are vulnerable, and their lack of a bench and one more year will definitely prove to be their downfall.

The inability to pay their starting 1-4 $150+ million/year will be their downfall in 1-2 years. Someone has to go and it will fall apart from there.

They’re Silicon Valley. You think $$ worries them? Peanuts. Also getting new stadium.

Sure wish Celtics owned their own place instead of being tenants. Got to hurt cash flow.

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
This is probably the only finals ever that I didn’t watch a single game. Congrats to the Dubs but I would’ve been unhappy with either outcome. Seriously, has there been a more unlikable team than this GSW team in the post-Jordan era? I mean, look at the sheer number of annoying people on their roster.

You have your stars: Draymond, KD and to an extent, Steph
Then you have your role players: Swaggy P, Zaza, Javale
- LilRip

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is probably the only finals ever that I didn’t watch a single game. Congrats to the Dubs but I would’ve been unhappy with either outcome. Seriously, has there been a more unlikable team than this GSW team in the post-Jordan era? I mean, look at the sheer number of annoying people on their roster.

You have your stars: Draymond, KD and to an extent, Steph
Then you have your role players: Swaggy P, Zaza, Javale
I hated the Lebron Heat wayyyyy more. Also hated the early 00s Lakers way more.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
curry grew up not too,far from me and his dad VA Tech team stomped my little college al,the time.

Id rather have Curry than the whiner

Seems unfair how,many great players they have , but i like watching them for the most part.