Author Topic: Terry: Kg and PP saddened by trade  (Read 6048 times)

Terry: Kg and PP saddened by trade
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
But as happy as Terry is to again play for a top-five team, and as grateful as Pierce and Garnett are that Danny Ainge kept them together and relevant in the NBA title chase, there is some sadness.

“I know they were both disappointed that it had to end this way for them in Boston,” Terry said yesterday from Las Vegas. “I don’t want to put words in their mouths, but I know they both really wanted to see things through to the end in Boston. I don’t really know if they’re OK with all of this now, but they’re kind of saddened by it.

“It will definitely be a strange sight, because we all know how proud Paul was of being a Celtic all of those years,” Terry said. “He was one of the few people in this league who was able to stick with one organization. Again, I’m not trying to put words in his mouth, but it has to be tough for him.”

“If (the Celtics) were selfish, they would have sent us as far west as possible,” Terry said. “But they didn’t. They did something that was great for us.

Well today officially starts a new chapter for them  :'(

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/paul_pierce_kg_start_new_era_today

Re: Terry: Kg and PP saddened by trade
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
wish they could still retire as a Celtic :(
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:26 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
But as happy as Terry is to again play for a top-five team, and as grateful as Pierce and Garnett are that Danny Ainge kept them together and relevant in the NBA title chase, there is some sadness.

“I know they were both disappointed that it had to end this way for them in Boston,” Terry said yesterday from Las Vegas. “I don’t want to put words in their mouths, but I know they both really wanted to see things through to the end in Boston. I don’t really know if they’re OK with all of this now, but they’re kind of saddened by it.

“It will definitely be a strange sight, because we all know how proud Paul was of being a Celtic all of those years,” Terry said. “He was one of the few people in this league who was able to stick with one organization. Again, I’m not trying to put words in his mouth, but it has to be tough for him.”

“If (the Celtics) were selfish, they would have sent us as far west as possible,” Terry said. “But they didn’t. They did something that was great for us.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/paul_pierce_kg_start_new_era_today

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

K.G. was willing to waive his no trade clause to go with Doc. You cannot have it both ways Big Ticket.

See things through to the end? What does that even mean? K.G. had a N.T. clause. We were waiting for his confirmation while waiting for Doc's. What is Terry talking about? Pierce? O.K., I get that besides him voicing since last Feb he was not in it for a rebuild. Fine. But K.G., The manimal I love over all others? Nah....C'mon bro. That ain't how this went ::)

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

K.G. was willing to waive his no trade clause to go with Doc. You cannot have it both ways Big Ticket.

See things through to the end? What does that even mean? K.G. had a N.T. clause. We were waiting for his confirmation while waiting for Doc's. What is Terry talking about? Pierce? O.K., I get that besides him voicing since last Feb he was not in it for a rebuild. Fine. But K.G., The manimal I love over all others? Nah....C'mon bro. That ain't how this went ::)

Are you trolling? Danny Ainge wanted KG and Pierce out by looking to make moves for them. Seeing thongs with Boston through the end doesn't mean holding the team hostage by not letting them trade you and hurt the franchise at the same time.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

I agree to an extent with the KG deal..It seems he was very much willing to go with Doc. So if I was Ainge, I would field other contenders for him since I know he's willing to  waive his clause.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
Personally, I feel from a sentimental side they were sad to go, but from the business side I think they welcomed the trade (especially since Ainge didn't send them to the Bobcats or some other drowning team).

It seemed Kg was willing to waive his clause to go with Doc, so playing for another team this season did cross his mind and isn't a total shock. Late last season PP talked a lot about his future and looking forward to being a FA since he never did it. He also talked about Rondo and team as if he felt he wasn't going to be there. Rebuilding wasn't something he necessarily wanted to do and he did state that. I'm just glad that Ainge respected them enough to send them to a contender and send them together.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »

• Al Horford
Are you trolling? Danny Ainge wanted KG and Pierce out by looking to make moves for them. Seeing thongs with Boston through the end doesn't mean holding the team hostage by not letting them trade you and hurt the franchise at the same time.

Dude are YOU trolling? You got any evidence that Danny approached K.G. prior to Doc and S.A.S rumor? Any? Paul was gonna go and Paul wanted to. K.G. as trade bait is based on nothing but your imagination. I'm basing my opinion on what folks did not what I think they woulda done.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »

• Al Horford
Personally, I feel from a sentimental side they were sad to go, but from the business side I think they welcomed the trade (especially since Ainge didn't send them to the Bobcats or some other drowning team).

It seemed Kg was willing to waive his clause to go with Doc, so playing for another team this season did cross his mind and isn't a total shock. Late last season PP talked a lot about his future and looking forward to being a FA since he never did it. He also talked about Rondo and team as if he felt he wasn't going to be there. Rebuilding wasn't something he necessarily wanted to do and he did state that. I'm just glad that Ainge respected them enough to send them to a contender and send them together.

I think Danny and Wyc and the Celtics looked out for their own image and tried to make everyone as happy as possible while doing so. I'm proud of the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:24 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
 :'(, i hope they both sign with the Celtics for the minimum or a 10 day contract just to retire in Green

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The truth is kg was hesistant all summer long to provide a def yes that he is coming back regardless of what happens.

Im not mad at him though bc he fought through alot of pain to finish the season. The team gave him lack of support from the bench. But still i was hoping he would honor his contract and comeback regardless with what happens with doc, pierce.

Its going to be weird and tough seeing them back in another uniform

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
One of the things i like about KG that he is a very private person, no twitter, instagram and that social staff.
so we will never now how he felt about the trade.
my guess is, he would love to stay, but at the same time accept a trade to a decent team if that's what DA wants.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
One of the things i like about KG that he is a very private person, no twitter, instagram and that social staff.
so we will never now how he felt about the trade.
my guess is, he would love to stay, but at the same time accept a trade to a decent team if that's what DA wants.

He's a private person, but he doesn't hold back his words when he's asked questions. If he didn't approve or didn't like the move he'd give a succinct answer. When asked about Minny, he said he had nothing positive to say about that organization. If he feels the same way about Ainge and the C's he'd say it.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »

• Al Horford

He's a private person, but he doesn't hold back his words when he's asked questions. If he didn't approve or didn't like the move he'd give a succinct answer. When asked about Minny, he said he had nothing positive to say about that organization. If he feels the same way about Ainge and the C's he'd say it.

He's never been asked publicly about Ainge and Boston. Hopefully he wears his heart on his sleave as usual when prodded.
Everything about the trade to the Nets and K.G. has been speculation on everybody's part. No more reading tea leaves and hearing folks utter bizarre stuff they made up as they typed.

I love K.G.
Always will
The guy in the vid...at the bar...that's me yo. Not really but yeah, kinda me, how I felt. I remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TnilbMphA

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

He's never been asked publicly about Ainge and Boston. Hopefully he wears his heart on his sleave as usual when prodded.
Everything about the trade to the Nets and K.G. has been speculation on everybody's part. No more reading tea leaves and hearing folks utter bizarre stuff they made up as they typed.

I love K.G.
Always will
The guy in the vid...at the bar...that's me yo. Not really but yeah, kinda me, how I felt. I remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TnilbMphA

Well he hasn't been asked about this trade because it's only been a week since they could legally talk about it and during the off season you can only get in touch with KG through smoke signals and pigeons.

If he's fine with the trade he'd probably say so in so many words. If not, he may just be silent. Who knows.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

Yawn. Really?  Kg clearly would've preferred staying a Celtic and is probably sad but why would he stay when the organization no longer wants him, does everything to get him to waive his clause and trade him with his buddy pierce to a contender?