Author Topic: T-mac says he is done for the season.  (Read 6084 times)

T-mac says he is done for the season.
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:54:05 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6268327.html

It looks like he won't be traded now.

Re: T-mac says he is done for the season.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:31:55 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6268327.html

It looks like he won't be traded now.

One of the comments under that article:

After 198 doctors he finally found the one that tells him needs season ending surgery. He must be so happy..........

LOL.  This is exactly what I was thinking.  I saw an interview of McGrady after the game where he missed the dunk. He had just had an MRI that said nothing was wrong with him, but he insisted that he was still hurt.  He was using his missed dunk as evidence. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think doctors were probably telling him his knee was not going to get much better and he kept looking until he could find one who would say microfracture surgery would help him be whole again.

Sadly I fear he'll have to adjust to playing without his explosiveness. You can do it, but you'll never be the player you were. Look at Chris Webber.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

season for T Mac..

To all of u who from now and still continue deffending TMac as superstar, in superstar category and with hall of famer status...

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:41:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
**** Edgar, tp for the pictures.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
And the slow decline of a once shining star continues....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
His season was done before it started. If he really is done, in his eleven year career, at the end of the season, he will have missed a total of 200 games. I don't know what's worse, that his talent is going to waste, or that so many people still think he is an elite/top five player.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
anyone else feel bad for yao ming? i know he hasn't been the model of health over his career, but the rockets have essentially wasted the better part of yao's career at this point.  i mean how much longer will HE last? he's almost 30 now and with those stilts he's on, who knows.

it would be nice to see the rockets make a run at a guy like amare, bosh, or a steve nash....that's all kind of tounge and cheek, but the window is starting to close in houston.

just a thought...obviously with the marketability of yao globally and his high level of play houston would probably never think of trading him, but if they did decide to start over and put yao on the market, what type of offers would they get? i'm sure there would be a lot of really interesting offers...

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
anyone else feel bad for yao ming? i know he hasn't been the model of health over his career, but the rockets have essentially wasted the better part of yao's career at this point.  i mean how much longer will HE last? he's almost 30 now and with those stilts he's on, who knows.

it would be nice to see the rockets make a run at a guy like amare, bosh, or a steve nash....that's all kind of tounge and cheek, but the window is starting to close in houston.

just a thought...obviously with the marketability of yao globally and his high level of play houston would probably never think of trading him, but if they did decide to start over and put yao on the market, what type of offers would they get? i'm sure there would be a lot of really interesting offers...

I don't feel bad for Yao Ming because I think the Rockets are better without McGrady.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
That takes the Rockets out of the running for a Title, unless they can pull off that Vince Carter trade that they've been linked to for a couple of weeks.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
There is a song, I'd like to sing to the Rockets now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT2jq-suyU

Sucks to be you.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
That takes the Rockets out of the running for a Title, unless they can pull off that Vince Carter trade that they've been linked to for a couple of weeks.

Why?  So far they've been better without him.  Maybe they'll be able to get out of the first round now that McGrady is out of the picture. ;D

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Any trade for Vince Carter would cut the depth of their team and also remove them from title consideration. Their only hope was a T-Mac for Carter trade, which obviously isn't going to happen now.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Any trade for Vince Carter would cut the depth of their team and also remove them from title consideration. Their only hope was a T-Mac for Carter trade, which obviously isn't going to happen now.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what they'd have to give up in addition to Ron Artest. If they could get away cheaply on the additions it could work out for them, if not, it won't.