Author Topic: Celtics (24-23) at Raptors (17-31) 2/6  (Read 45383 times)

Re: Celtics (24-23) at Raptors (17-31) 2/6
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
KG has been so clutch for us over the years. Anyone who says he isn't clutch offensively and defensively has not watched KG since he has been on the Celtics.

I can't speak of Minny since I didn't watch him every second there but since he's come here he has been extremely clutch.

But he has hit next-to-none game winners with under 20 seconds and a deficit.

I guess it's more that people say that he is "un-clutch" or shrinks in the moment which is just laughable. He hit a huge clutch shot tonight (actually a bunch) who cares if it was with 20 seconds or 30 seconds left? I don't even know how much time was left cause it's such a stupid thing to even look at.

How many has he hit? How many has he missed? How often was his name called? What qualifies as a game winner? Is it the go-ahead shot? Or does it need to be the shot to go ahead and then then other team misses?

We also had Pierce and Ray taking less than 20 seconds on the clock shots as well which no one can really fault Garnett for.

But as others have mentioned before, things like leading the team in 4th quarter scoring during the playoffs of the title run in 08. Just like tonight 13 points in the 4th quarter.....cluuuuuutchhhhh

« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Cs versus GS last year. It was in all of the commercials. Or how about the alley-oop against Philly during the regular season last year. Just to name two.

« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cs versus GS last year. It was in all of the commercials. Or how about the alley-oop against Philly during the regular season last year. Just to name two.

Game winnig buzzer-beater vs NYK few years back.

« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Well here is a list excluding the last few years of game winning baskets.

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

So you can at least point to those (and a fer more since)
Please don't point to the FG% unless you want to include Kobe and Wade in the None clutchness category.

Also my favorite part of that list....Pierce 1st in game winning assists.

« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
KG has been so clutch for us over the years. Anyone who says he isn't clutch offensively and defensively has not watched KG since he has been on the Celtics.

I can't speak of Minny since I didn't watch him every second there but since he's come here he has been extremely clutch.

I guess it's more that people say that he is "un-clutch" or shrinks in the moment which is just laughable. He hit a huge clutch shot tonight (actually a bunch) who cares if it was with 20 seconds or 30 seconds left? I don't even know how much time was left cause it's such a stupid thing to even look at.

How many has he hit? How many has he missed? How often was his name called? What qualifies as a game winner? Is it the go-ahead shot? Or does it need to be the shot to go ahead and then then other team misses?

We also had Pierce and Ray taking less than 20 seconds on the clock shots as well which no one can really fault Garnett for.

But as others have mentioned before, things like leading the team in 4th quarter scoring during the playoffs of the title run in 08. Just like tonight 13 points in the 4th quarter.....cluuuuuutchhhhh

KG is definitely clutch! Don't get me wrong! Those consecutive threes years ago in Minny will go down in the books forever!
I just want him to shoot a game winner when we're down by 1 with five seconds to go. Pierce always gets it, I wanna see KG! He can shoot over every player in the league and is deadly from any spot in the three-point line. Give him a chance! Just once when he's in green!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2013, 10:13:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Well here is a list excluding the last few years of game winning baskets.

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

So you can at least point to those (and a fer more since)
Please don't point to the FG% unless you want to include Kobe and Wade in the None clutchness category.

I didn't say he was not clutch.

By the way, those stats are only up to 4 years ago.
I'm primarily referencing his time in Celtic green!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

First out of players who have hit 4 or more game winners in said time range.

If someone got 10 assists but no game winning shots, he wouldn't be in the list.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

First out of players who have hit 4 or more game winners in said time range.

If someone got 10 assists but no game winning shots, he wouldn't be in the list.

I dont know what you mean. Are you saying that someone has more game winning assists than that?

I'd be surprised. Although i was looking for this stat for a while the other day and this is all i could find

« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
KG, Game 6, 2008 NBA Finals.......the defence rests.

« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

KG is definitely clutch! Don't get me wrong! Those consecutive threes years ago in Minny will go down in the books forever!
I just want him to shoot a game winner when we're down by 1 with five seconds to go. Pierce always gets it, I wanna see KG! He can shoot over every player in the league and is deadly from any spot in the three-point line. Give him a chance! Just once when he's in green!

By the way, enjoy this clutch KG bucket to win a game, while he was on the C's with less than 10 seconds left, while we were down by 1....and he gets the "steal" at the end to boot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-tmr-dVSHY

« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

By the way, enjoy this clutch KG bucket to win a game, while he was on the C's with less than 10 seconds left, while we were down by 1....and he gets the "steal" at the end to boot:

To be objective...
That was a set play, very high percentage, and designated.

I was kind of referring to just him isoing and making a clutch jumper..

I guess that counts too! Never saw it before! ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
CelticConcourse presents POSTS OF THE GAME

Pessimistic Quote of the Game:

Way to go Doc, off to another 4 game losing streak now...

Optimistic Quote of the Game:

Green had some key plays in the end, though he didn't do well offensively, little things makes a difference. But KG is THE MAN, build this guy a Statue in Beantown

Interesting Quote of the Game:

PP at center?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:59:06 PM by CelticConcourse »
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:43 AM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Nice win. Seems like it's always a tough game in Toronto. Raptors took advantage of KG getting his 4th foul. Outside of that the C's outplayed them.

Man the C's really need a rim protector.

Bad

well we see it but i guess the front office does not.  :-\
They probably do just can't get one with gutting the team.

« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:26 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

To be objective...
That was a set play, very high percentage, and designated.

I was kind of referring to just him isoing and making a clutch jumper..

I guess that counts too! Never saw it before! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUuN9d3JTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSFcXUijBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGeEz-_H-UY

KG rarely isos so I don't know why we would even expect him to iso for a last shot/game winner... that's for PP to do. Ray Allen's game winners weren't isos either. I'm sure KG has had very few opportunities to even get the last shot (especially the past few years with PP and Ray on the team).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Oh. And one more thing about this game that I don't know if y'all realized.

If we go back to losing ways, and Raptors finish off season much stronger (with Gay) and we somehow are close in records by the end of the season (for the 8th seed), we just won the series.

I hope it doesn't ever come to this though! ;)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]