Author Topic: NBA official 2022 transaction thread  (Read 34356 times)

Re: NBA official 2022 transaction thread
« Reply #315 on: July 06, 2022, 05:29:54 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Looks like we're counting on Hauser as the backup wing.

« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2022, 05:43:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I think we will see Brogdon at the 3 some. He’s 6’5”/230lbs and can play multiple positions which is great.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2022, 05:51:34 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK

I think we will see Brogdon at the 3 some. He’s 6’5”/230lbs and can play multiple positions which is great.

how tall is grant williams

« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2022, 05:58:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Rob or Al miss any extended time, we suddenly become very small team. Need another decent center on squad.

« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2022, 07:02:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If Rob or Al miss any extended time, we suddenly become very small team. Need another decent center on squad.

Same for many teams. If the Sixers lose Embiid for an extended time, what happens? Or Denver? Or the Blazers? Or the Lakers? Etc.

« Reply #320 on: July 06, 2022, 07:10:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

how tall is grant williams

Same height. Brogdon is quicker, though. Especially when moving laterally. Better athlete.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2022, 07:11:02 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Would love to see the Celtics haslem Taj Gibson if he ends up getting waived. By all accounts he’s a great locker room guy.

I think the Knicks/Mavs will end up in a sign and trade with the Mavs getting Fournier, though
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
3yrs $19mil for John Konchar re-upping in Memphis.

Looks like he'll be replacing Melton in the rotation at backup SG next season for the Grizz given that payday. Impressive shooting stats.

« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2022, 10:26:37 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Looks like he'll be replacing Melton in the rotation at backup SG next season for the Grizz given that payday. Impressive shooting stats.

Notably this is an extension that takes effect next year, not a new signing.

« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2022, 10:35:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Notably this is an extension that takes effect next year, not a new signing.

Ahh, I missed that.

It actually kicks in in two years time. So they have him on the books for the next 5 years. They already had him signed for $2.3mil & $2.4mil next year and the year after. Then the 3yr extension $19mil after that.

I haven't paid any real attention to him in the past but his highlights and what Grizzly fans say about him are impressive. Looks a good player to have locked up all that time at that money.

« Reply #325 on: July 07, 2022, 10:57:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Same for many teams. If the Sixers lose Embiid for an extended time, what happens? Or Denver? Or the Blazers? Or the Lakers? Etc.

You are comparing teams losing their stars to us missing our role players (good ones). We obviously can’t replace Tatum if he is lost for a long time just like the 76ers can’t replace Embid. However if the 76ers lose Tobias harris they should be ok. We should be ok if we lose Horford for a stretch, hence we need to improve the depth a bit.

« Reply #326 on: July 07, 2022, 11:05:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

You are comparing teams losing their stars to us missing our role players (good ones). We obviously can’t replace Tatum if he is lost for a long time just like the 76ers can’t replace Embid. However if the 76ers lose Tobias harris they should be ok. We should be ok if we lose Horford for a stretch, hence we need to improve the depth a bit.

Exactly. Especially if the role players in question are old or injury prone.

« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
These Gallinari highlights from last year are interesting.

Slow of foot, sure
But nice hands on defense, poking the ball away often
Nice passing to cutters
Ability to get his shot off against bigs
Crafty like a lot of Euros

But the thing I love the most is his unselfishness and ball movement.  He's similar to White with the hockey assist.  He doesn't hold the ball when receiving a pass and seeing someone else who's even more open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM2mCg_fQWw

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2022, 12:35:59 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
These Gallinari highlights from last year are interesting.

Slow of foot, sure
But nice hands on defense, poking the ball away often
Nice passing to cutters
Ability to get his shot off against bigs
Crafty like a lot of Euros

But the thing I love the most is his unselfishness and ball movement.  He's similar to White with the hockey assist.  He doesn't hold the ball when receiving a pass and seeing someone else who's even more open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM2mCg_fQWw

Didn’t realize he passed the ball so well. He also finishes strong inside. He’s a perfect fit for our Celtics!

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2022, 01:36:15 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
I realize we were only seeing his highlights not lowlights, but I really like what I saw.  Gallo still has a solid offensive game and his D looked ok.  First or second off the bench with Al and Rob starting.  Maybe he starts when either Al or Rob skip a game for what ever reason.  The Cs may not need a backup center to start the season, although I think it would be wise, with Gallo playing a big with his 6'10" body.  Always keep an eye open for an available solid big that plays Celtics ball.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain