Author Topic: "Blow it up" trade idea  (Read 3418 times)

Re: "Blow it up" trade idea
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'm against "blowing it up" right now, but if you want my idea of really blowing it up then....

Trade Pierce, KG and Rondo too (although his trade value is probably about as low as it would ever be.

Pierce to Chicago. Chicago has to give up Jimmy Butler, a passel of picks starting with the Charlotte pick they own and including two unprotected future 1st's, and an expiring contract (Hamilton's maybe).  Chicago gets much better and has an even better chance to beating the Heat this year and they don't get worse long term with the expiring Pierce.

KG to OKC. OKC gives up Ibaka, the Raptor's pick they own, either their 2013 or their 2014's 1st (Danny's option), and two of Lamb, Liggins, Jones (Danny's option) and an expiring contract to match salaries. OKC gets better because KG gives them everything Ibaka does, and more, and none of Lamb, Liggins or Jones is in their rotation.

Rondo goes to whoever will return the best package of picks, youth and expirings.

Anybody that Danny hasn't selected as core to the next Championship run goes out for whatever he can get. Maybe everybody but Sully and Bradley. Maybe Green stays, maybe not.

IAC, Chicago and OKC emerge as the favorites to meet in the Finals and one of Pierce and KG goes out with another ring. Neither is hurt much long term and both Pierce and KG might even stick around for another year with those teams.

The Celtics become a very, very, bad team in the short run, but get a young vet in Ibaka and one or two good young players in Butler, Lamb/Liggins/Jones (and if it's Jones the Sully vs Jones debate can take a different turn). They also get 2 or 3 1st round picks in 2013 and another 2 or 3 in 2014, not including their own...which should be lottery both years. The C's now tank with a vengeance for the next two years, and Danny tries to get his next super star out of the draft...or by trading youth and picks.

That's blowing it up!

Both irrational trades for other team.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm against "blowing it up" right now, but if you want my idea of really blowing it up then....

Trade Pierce, KG and Rondo too (although his trade value is probably about as low as it would ever be.

Pierce to Chicago. Chicago has to give up Jimmy Butler, a passel of picks starting with the Charlotte pick they own and including two unprotected future 1st's, and an expiring contract (Hamilton's maybe).  Chicago gets much better and has an even better chance to beating the Heat this year and they don't get worse long term with the expiring Pierce.

KG to OKC. OKC gives up Ibaka, the Raptor's pick they own, either their 2013 or their 2014's 1st (Danny's option), and two of Lamb, Liggins, Jones (Danny's option) and an expiring contract to match salaries. OKC gets better because KG gives them everything Ibaka does, and more, and none of Lamb, Liggins or Jones is in their rotation.

Rondo goes to whoever will return the best package of picks, youth and expirings.

Anybody that Danny hasn't selected as core to the next Championship run goes out for whatever he can get. Maybe everybody but Sully and Bradley. Maybe Green stays, maybe not.

IAC, Chicago and OKC emerge as the favorites to meet in the Finals and one of Pierce and KG goes out with another ring. Neither is hurt much long term and both Pierce and KG might even stick around for another year with those teams.

The Celtics become a very, very, bad team in the short run, but get a young vet in Ibaka and one or two good young players in Butler, Lamb/Liggins/Jones (and if it's Jones the Sully vs Jones debate can take a different turn). They also get 2 or 3 1st round picks in 2013 and another 2 or 3 in 2014, not including their own...which should be lottery both years. The C's now tank with a vengeance for the next two years, and Danny tries to get his next super star out of the draft...or by trading youth and picks.

That's blowing it up!

So is blowing it up right now unless you get "irrationally" good deals. Those are the sort of deals I'd be looking for.
Be unlikely to get but that's all I'd deal for right now.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

That's blowing it up!

So is blowing it up right now unless you get "irrationally" good deals. Those are the sort of deals I'd be looking for.
Be unlikely to get but that's all I'd deal for right now.

I meant that neither Chicago or OKC would accept those trades.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
No P2, KG, Green, Lee  or Collins trades. Period.
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!