Author Topic: Rockets fly to Oakland even though Clippers not eliminated yet  (Read 4858 times)

Re: Rockets fly to Oakland even though Clippers not eliminated yet
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I have a hard time believing anyone can beat that Warriors team, but it sounds like some people are genuinely picking the Rockets.
I don't get why you think the Warriors - who just beat the Clippers in 6 - are as formidable as they were last year.

Even last year, Houston was one injury away from winning the series
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2019, 08:11:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Klay Thompson right ankle is in very bad shape according to sources.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I have a hard time believing anyone can beat that Warriors team, but it sounds like some people are genuinely picking the Rockets.
I don't get why you think the Warriors - who just beat the Clippers in 6 - are as formidable as they were last year.

... Cuz they are still the most stacked team in NBA history.  I don't see them as beatable in a 7 game series.

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

... Cuz they are still the most stacked team in NBA history.  I don't see them as beatable in a 7 game series.

Meh. If Paul wasn’t injured last year the Warriors would’ve lost in the WCF. And ... the Cs match up well with them.

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Meh. If Paul wasn’t injured last year the Warriors would’ve lost in the WCF. And ... the Cs match up well with them.
i don't take that seriously at all.

They were as close to winning as Boston was against the Cavs.  Which is to say... neither was winning. Just like the Pacers were never going to beat the Cavs in Round 1 last year... Boston was never going to win against the Heat in 2012... Atlanta was never going to win against Boston in 2008.

7 Game Series happen.  Golden State was always going to dust that team as soon as they put in some effort.

They should coast to a title.  Only ones that can beat them are themselves.