Author Topic: OKC crowd  (Read 6812 times)

OKC crowd
« on: May 01, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline hbhsbball15

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
This was a great game and a great series.  OKC is going to be scary good in the future if they can get a big man to bang down low with the likes of Gasol of Bynum. 

But the real reason for this topic was the OKC crowd.  When is the last time you have seen an entire arena give a standing ovation for a team that just lost?  It was immediately after a heart breaking loss, and the entire arena erupted for this young team. Really a touching moment if you ask me, and to be one of those OKC players must have been really special.  Probably one of the best, if not the best crowd in all of sports. That ladies and gentlemen is what sports is all about.

Re: OKC crowd
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
It was pretty loud.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:34:43 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
That ovation was pretty cool.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This was a great game and a great series.  OKC is going to be scary good in the future if they can get a big man to bang down low with the likes of Gasol of Bynum. 

But the real reason for this topic was the OKC crowd.  When is the last time you have seen an entire arena give a standing ovation for a team that just lost?  It was immediately after a heart breaking loss, and the entire arena erupted for this young team. Really a touching moment if you ask me, and to be one of those OKC players must have been really special.  Probably one of the best, if not the best crowd in all of sports. That ladies and gentlemen is what sports is all about.

Awesome ... I loved it! The Garden has been that way in the past ... I like to think it's still possible.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Blazers crowd did last night?

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 12:36:49 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think they appreciate what they have rather than boo what they don't have.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:39:38 AM »

Offline hbhsbball15

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Blazers crowd did last night?

I didn't watch that game so thats my bad. But still it doesn't happen very often. 

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 02:48:21 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

If they gave the same effort the C's did at times this season they would have booed too.

This is a college state so the Thunder crowd isn't a surprise. It was that way even when the Hornets played games in OKC.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 03:30:45 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
A lot depends on expectations too.

Franchises who aren't used to playoffs or winning chips will be very happy for their team if they fight and play hard and with much effort.

You won't see a Boston arena or LA arena give a standing O for losing a playoff series.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Yeah pretty much.  I miss the 2008 days when Boston fans appreciated what they had.  Winning does that to some fans.  Very similar to the complaints by fans of the team in fact.  Soon enough this will be all gone and only Rondo will be left.  Hopefully those that are overly critical don't regret not appreciating the ride.  After 20 years of losing we got fat as fans in 3 years...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:01:35 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Yeah pretty much.  I miss the 2008 days when Boston fans appreciated what they had.  Winning does that to some fans.  Very similar to the complaints by fans of the team in fact.  Soon enough this will be all gone and only Rondo will be left.  Hopefully those that are overly critical don't regret not appreciating the ride.  After 20 years of losing we got fat as fans in 3 years...
Well said.  We need to appreciate the fact that our team, as "disappointing" as they've been all season, still has a chance to beat the team with the best record in the league.  Until 2008, we hadn't been able to say that in 20 years.  Having a 50 win team to cheer for is something we should not take for granted.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That's a great gesture by the crowd.

I don't see why this thread has to turn insulting towards the Celtic's crowds though. They've booed most often for poor effort and dumb play, I'm okay with that.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 09:07:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

You won't see a Boston arena or LA arena give a standing O for losing a playoff series.

Not a first round playoff series, but I can see the Bruins crowd giving this current team a standing O if they lose in the ECF or Stanley Cup Finals.

It does come down to expectations, but I think (or at least I'm hopeful) that the Boston fans can appreciate an underdog that exceeds expectations, but ultimately comes up just short.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I don't see why this thread has to turn insulting towards the Celtic's crowds though. They've booed most often for poor effort and dumb play, I'm okay with that.

As is Paul Pierce.

I agree.  Booing due to losses, missed shots, etc., is stupid.  Booing due to lazy, uninspired play is fine.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

If it keeps being brought I feel it has to have some truth to it. Even though the C's did have some poor effort and dumb play, but overall IMO the Garden crowd this year has been severely lacking. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce