Author Topic: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 79852 times)

Re: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »

Offline kevingamble34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
If we take it to the hoop we should get their floppers in foul trouble.  Need better D on McDyess.  We need everyone to dive for loose balls and play hungry -- lots hungrier.  If you really take it to the Pistons with maximum intensity they can look like a bad team (see Philly series).

Also, we absolutely need the crowd to do the Bull**** chant every chance they get.  I swear it gets into the ref's heads, and maybe we'll get a fair shake on the calls for a change!

Detroit's game is so dependent on forcing the refs to make calls, we need to take that into account.  Take that out of the equation, let two teams play solely on talent, and we should win by 20 every time.

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The reason we're losing this game is simple: Detroit is moving the ball and we aren't.  Detroit's getting open jumpers and fouls (some quite cheap, but they're getting em) by working the ball around continually.  We're back into "ball sticks for 2-3 seconds after every pass" mode, and it's hurting us.

We knew this wouldn't be easy, and that we didn't see much of the real Detroit in Game 1...well, it's time to man up and take it to em. 

« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
when was the last time tony had major minutes....yall gave house time to find his game..which is still lackin...give tony his time...

Tony has had an entire season to find his game, and he hasn't yet.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
My thoughts on the first half:

House as a PG is killing them.  I love the energy he brings and the wrinkle he adds to the offense, but he can not be our main ball handler.  They just pressure him and it hurts the offense.  Bad.

TA has no brains.  Doesnt he remember the game he helped lose when he went for an up fake?

What was the line up of BBD, Posey, Rondo, Brown, and Pierce?  This is why I dont like Doc.

KG needs to get the ball in the post more.  Too many times at the end of the 2nd he was catching it out at the top of the key.

How does rip hamilton not get fouls called on him?  When ever he is guarding the ball he grabs and slaps the hell out of their arms.  Not to mention all the crap he pulls when he is running those curls.

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I think you have to reconsider Cassell in this series to see if he can get some shots to fall. The Pistons D is just sagging back whenever Rondo has the ball and pressing the hell out of Eddie when he's in.

Put him in, see if his shot is falling . . . if it's not hurry up and yank him right back out.

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
when was the last time tony had major minutes....yall gave house time to find his game..which is still lackin...give tony his time...

Tony has had an entire season to find his game, and he hasn't yet.

he's had an entire career to find his game, and he hasn't yet.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Can I whine about the refs a bit?

Detroit's outplaying the Celts, but they did miss a few calls the last four or five minutes of the half.  Billups pushed off pretty bad on Rondo.  They went back and showed the replay to point out when he aggravated his injury, but they made no mention of the push off.

Anyhow...I don't think it's beena huge factor, just noticed a few things while Detroit was pulling away.

Huge 3 by Billups.

Didn't like KG's last pass to Rondo when he had his own shot in the key that he's been hitting all night.

STEP IT UP!

GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Seems to me Detroit is generally getting away with thier KUNG FU hands on Defense

We are getting called for the slightest contact..I'm pretty sure ray Allen has been called fro 3 fouls and has'nt actually touched anyone..

Keep taking it at Wallace

Everything is falling right now for Detroit

We need to post up KG and Paul...Pierce is hurting us dribbling beyond the 3 point line
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2008, 10:05:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
We are getting fouled every time down the court-no call.  They are getting some cheap calls and we are at home.

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think you have to reconsider Cassell in this series to see if he can get some shots to fall. The Pistons D is just sagging back whenever Rondo has the ball and pressing the hell out of Eddie when he's in.

Put him in, see if his shot is falling . . . if it's not hurry up and yank him right back out.

I was thinking he'd give Cassell a couple of minutes right about the time he put TA in.
Yup

« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Detroit's starting backcourt had 7 points in the first half of Game One. They have 26 points tonight. Big reason why Detroit are leading at the break.

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i know i've ripped on tony allen, but if i were doc i'd play rondo and allen together, along with powe and run like hell for a few minutes.

we've got to get some EASY baskets, and all this half-court stuff won't work if guys can't knock down shots.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2008, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I was thinking he'd give Cassell a couple of minutes right about the time he put TA in.

I thought before this series started that Cassell would be pivotal in this series. If the Celtics are going to play Detroit's style Cassell is the best option at point, he can post up and control a half court set. I just wish the Celtics would choose to exploit their advantages instead and run.

« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I disagree with the Sammy factor here ... especially against Detroit. That's like throwing in the towel, man ... we've got to run and attack, not give in to the half-court, we've already been slowing it down and look where it's gotten us. If you put Sam into this, there's no way of getting the tempo back to where it favors us, and you can kiss the whole game goodbye.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2008, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
We will this when the refs tighten up the calls in the 2nd half.