Author Topic: Unloading Hayward By Including Brown & 2019 Picks  (Read 4688 times)

Unloading Hayward By Including Brown & 2019 Picks
« on: May 28, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
What are your thoughts on getting rid of Hayward and our abundance of 2019 picks by including Brown? What if we turned those assets into potential future lottery picks (e.g., trade with the Hawks or Cavs for 2-3 future unprotected picks)? What are some of the pros and cons? Obviously Brown will be expensive after this year and Hayward is expensive now and next year. Plus, do we really want to risk ending up with four picks this year (remember 2015)?

Re: Unloading Hayward By Including Brown & 2019 Picks
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Unloading Hayward at his lowest trade value is just not smart business...

Getting rid of Brown + picks just to get rid of his contract would be very foolish.

Draft picks are always a crap shoot, so there are going to be question marks regarding future draftees. I don't want to take that risk, my end game is championships, and ownership has stated numerous times they are willing to pay the luxury/repeater tax to do so.

EDIT:

Let me put it this way. Brown could end up being like a 16-18/5/4 kind of guy with All-Team Defense 3 & D wing that can attack fast breaks, and potentially take over games.

I would rather take a sure thing over a possibility.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:46:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Everyone wants to dump Hayward. Can people have a little patience? He is going to be an asset this year and then a big trade chip as an expiring contract next year. Brown is a need especially if we lose Irving and Smart has to start at PG.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 04:49:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Everyone wants to dump Hayward. Can people have a little patience? He is going to be an asset this year and then a big trade chip as an expiring contract next year. Brown is a need especially if we lose Irving and Smart has to start at PG.

Yeah I don't get it... I think we need another thread for Hayward similar to the Kyrie Irving complaint thread...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 04:58:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Yeah I don't get it... I think we need another thread for Hayward similar to the Kyrie Irving complaint thread...
Might as well do a combined thread there are at least one a day of these

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What are your thoughts on getting rid of Hayward and our abundance of 2019 picks by including Brown? What if we turned those assets into potential future lottery picks

I think it is bad knee jerk reaction move!  Lottery can be a crapshoot, too, just ask Sam Bowie and Darko...

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If Kyrie leaves and AD isn't coming, having multiple picks this year to take some swings late in the 1st round isn't a bad thing.

If the team trades for AD, well, those picks will be gone in all likelihood.

Also, Brown is too good to use him just to get off some salary.

Hayward is only on the books for this year and next.  Unloading him, even if no salary is coming back, wouldnt' unlock enough cap space to be worth it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:10:54 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
What are your thoughts on getting rid of Hayward and our abundance of 2019 picks by including Brown? What if we turned those assets into potential future lottery picks (e.g., trade with the Hawks or Cavs for 2-3 future unprotected picks)? What are some of the pros and cons? Obviously Brown will be expensive after this year and Hayward is expensive now and next year. Plus, do we really want to risk ending up with four picks this year (remember 2015)?

Pros:
Cons: We'd be losing two talented wings, one a former all-star who should return to form next year, and a future all-star who really came into his own the second half, for what? Potential lotto picks that might not become lotto picks? (How'd that work out with the Kings pick?)

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
It makes absolutely no sense to trade him right now, as his value is probably the lowest it ever will be. Not only will he probably continue to improve next year, he also become a valuable expiring contract after next season.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
My thoughts on this proposal are that it is not something we should think about doing at all.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

No...not unless patience is applied to everyone. When I read that Tatum is soft and doesn't have the right personality to be a great player, that tells me what I need to know about the standard used for Hayward versus all the other players on the team.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

No...not unless patience is applied to everyone. When I read that Tatum is soft and doesn't have the right personality to be a great player, that tells me what I need to know about the standard used for Hayward versus all the other players on the team.
Nice try, but a completely false equivalency. Did Tatum snap his leg in half? No? Okay then. Being disappointed in Tatum's stagnant growth last season isn't the same thing.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
If Ainge brings this trade proposal to Wyc, he should be fired on the spot.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

.....what?

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
How about I sell my home after it springs a leaky roof or my car after it does not start a few times? A GM who sells assets when they are low is one who is not a GM ever again. Including Brown to do this goes to a whole other land of insanity in my eyes. So we might be able to draft a Brown again with those picks? Wow....