Author Topic: Top PG prospect to go to Europe rather than NCAAs  (Read 18220 times)

Re: Top PG prospect to go to Europe rather than NCAAs
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:12 AM »

Offline cmburrill

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
   Good for him huh? Living in Arizona we got the scoop on this dude.
This gut actually passed his 2nd SAT, but because it was so high compared to the first ...it was ruled inadmissable. He took a third, but decided that Europe maybe a better option. Miles Simon actually recruited him to go euro. It looks like Europe  was his only viable option.

The sad part is, playing in europe is no reward. This kid did not want to go. The Ncaa rules worked in this extreme case of "one and doneitis". I dont know if he has a LD, but the Ncaa takes that into account and Im sure its moot. He failed, He passed with a 1500(I really hav no idea) then after a third test...he must have known he failed skips town.

We will miss seeing him at U of A. We had title hopes again.

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Jennings has committed to play for Pallacanestro Virtus Roma in the Italian league. His agent, Sonny Vaccaro, described the terms of the deal as a "three-year, multi-million dollar" contract with buyout considerations that will allow him to leave the team and enter the NBA draft when eligible next year.

Quote from: Los Angeles Times
Virtus Roma has also arranged for Jennings' 13-year-old brother, Terrence, to enroll in an English-speaking school and land a spot on a junior club team in Rome...

...The team hasn't won a European League title since 1984 but has landed some impressive talent through the years. In 1989, Danny Ferry played for the team, then known as Il Messaggero Roma, instead of joining the Clippers. The roster that season also included current Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw. Former Laker Michael Cooper (1990-91), ex-Detriot Piston Rick Mahorn (1991-93) and former UCLA point guard Tyus Edney (2004-05) also have played for the team...

...Jennings' decision led Arizona Coach Lute Olson to announce last week that he would no longer recruit players likely to leave for the NBA when they turn 19...

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 11:41:42 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
That little caveat about his 13 year old brother is VERY interesting.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 03:07:56 AM »

Offline cmburrill

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
  I wanted to add the importance of a college program in the US to help prepare each potential NBA draftee. Here the game flow is very similar to the NBA. The college game is slower and the use of big man who can play their back to the basket makes jobs for 6'7" pfs available. The scouting is much better in the US then Europe. Logistics alone leaves the argument closed. Ill go further in saying that our best Euros benefit from other stars more then American players benefit from them. Dirk is junk without a legit pg and C.I say junk, what I mean is he can not handle "the load". Tim Duncan is positively one of the best if not the best PF of all time( he can play the 5 too). Offense, defense he does farm more then his foreign born players and with out either of them TD would turn any good player into a great one.
    An organization can get the scoop on kids behavior ect... from a credible peer in the US. I wonder how Turiaf would have played if he stayed in Europe   Gonzaga. I think he was more NBA ready then his two buddies. I know Boris Diaw's game is supersoft. The Suns use his name in any trade they are trying to make...although we will see what happens under Porter. I bet he gets lost in the sf shuffle.