Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony's Supsension?  (Read 9055 times)

Re: Carmelo Anthony's Supsension?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Surprise KG didnt get fined b/c he plays for the Celtics!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Im shock he got one game instead a huge fine!!

If you look at the game check he's not going to be collecting, they're essentially the same thing.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
The league def needed to punish him. They had to send a message that it's not ok to try and fist fight after the game in the parking lot high school style.

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The NBA has suspended New York's Carmelo Anthony one game for confrontation with Kevin Garnett.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

"There are no circumstance in which it is acceptable for a player to confront an opponent after a game," NBA's Stu Jackson said in statement

Stu Jackson should google 'Randolph', 'Perkins', and 'lockerroom'.

Melo would've had just a fine if he had avoided the bus. Just dumb.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And the bad thing is that these two will probably be starters/players on the ASG.

Talk about Chemistry issues...we might as well give Kobe, CP3 and Co the next ASG win...I'm tired of seeing the West win.

We have the regular rivalry with Wade and LeBron...NOW?

Enter Melo and KG.

Melo KNOWS better than this....whether or not we all agree with what was "allegedly" said...most NBA players know that KG talks MUCH trash.

The BEST PLAYERS EVER talked trash, too:

Jordan...Larry...

Melo will NEVER achieve much in the NBA if he allows KG (or anyone else, for that matter) to get into his head. As the Knicks best player by far - NY needs him.

The game of Basketball is mostly mental...C'mon, Melo!
KG is too old for all this on the court he'll kill you obviously but have a feeling at the AS game he will probably be the bigger man, dap him up and tell him my bad "I'm still gonna bust your chops but wont go that far next time." They already made up supposedly.

I see your point, but the day KG stops talking trash he might as well hang up his sneakers. He's ALWAYS looking for an edge - and he got one.

That Knick win was SUPER important for BOS..we now have a Chemistry-Enhancing, Momentum-Building three game winning streak.

I'm glad KG did what he thought he had to do...KG sacrificed looking good for the TEAM.

That game was important.

If KG is still playing when he's forty I'd hope he still has his edge, lol.
Oh for sure KG is like that and will always be :D

I'm talking off the court he will probably clear up anything bad between him and Carmelo and want to enjoy his weekend and maybe last All Star game who knows seems like he'd be the more mature one that's for sure
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Let's kick this thread alive for another day; Doc has spoken on the subject now:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8831758/boston-celtics-coach-doc-rivers-says-kevin-garnett-make-rumored-comments-carmelo-anthony-wife

"Well, No. 1, I know what's been reported did not happen," Rivers said adamantly during his weekly interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "I know that as a fact."

Pressed further on Garnett's rumored remarks, Rivers said: "That did not happen."

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
Doc is gonna defend his guy.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Indeed. But he didn't have to say what he did, that it didn't happen. There are other ways to defend his guy. He did something similar with the "cancer patient" thing:

Garnett, known as a trash talker, stuck to his usual routine and did not speak to the media before Wednesday’s game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

He did issue a statement before the game.

“I am aware there was a major miscommunication regarding something I said on the court last night. My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact: You are cancerous to your team and our league,’” Garnett said. “I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful. The game of life is far bigger than the game of basketball.”

After Boston’s overtime victory over the Bucks, he was asked about his emotions on the court the past two games, but not specifically about Villanueva’s tweet. He also drew a technical along with Andrew Bogut in Boston’s 105-102 victory.

“I’m a passionate player,” he said. “If you don’t like the way I am … I play this way the last 15, 16 years. I leave it on the court.”

One of Villanueva’s tweets read: “KG called me a cancer patient, I’m (mad) because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he’s tossing it like it’s a joke.”

Rivers defended his forward while wondering why someone would need to share in-game comments.

“I actually heard what Kevin said. I was right there, what he really said is in the statement. I’m going to leave it at that,” he said. “I don’t like the whole tweeting thing. I’m going to state that as well. Guys talk on the court. It doesn’t mean they should or shouldn’t. The fact that we’re talking about this, it’s just silly. It really is. We had a hell of a game yesterday and we should be talking about basketball.

“Talking about what the guys said during the game, there isn’t a place. I don’t find a place for it.”

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hope Indy beats the Knicks

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
Hope Indy beats the Knicks

They probably will, it will be pretty tough without Melo.

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Why would he fine him for being on the Celtics?

How many times can you ignore events like this in order to push a fantasy that the league hates the Celtics?

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Why would he fine him for being on the Celtics?

How many times can you ignore events like this in order to push a fantasy that the league hates the Celtics?
This is a Celtics site he drinks the green kool-aid let him be
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Imagine Caramelo plays with Golden State or Atlanta... How many games is gonna be suspended? ::)

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Imagine Caramelo plays with Golden State or Atlanta... How many games is gonna be suspended? ::)

One.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference