Author Topic: CBPL Offseason 2015 Rules Discussion  (Read 43165 times)

Re: CBPL Offseason 2015 Rules Discussion
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Similar, but different suggestion here that we can add to the growing list of rule suggestions for the ballot:

Rule suggestion: Disparaging comments about another team's player is not permitted. 

Reason: This is a major source of drama for the league.  You might see Danny Ainge comment that LeBron James is a "heck of a basketball player", but Ainge would absolutely be fined if he said, "That Ty Lawson is a knucklehead and his trade value is worthless".   No team should be permitted to make negative comments about a player they don't own.  This includes comments about a player's "worth", injury history or character.  Nothing good comes from it.

Another avenue towards trade rape.  Rule suggestions to curb preventing it from happening, (vetoes and giving opinions on players) and rule suggestions to curb to preventing it from happening again ( no talking about trades that have happened)

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Constitution Amendment Suggestion:

Current text: "1. This is a 20-team dynasty league using a points scoring system. Lucky17 (reachable via PM on Celticsblog or via email at luckyseventeen@gmail.com) serves as the commissioner."    and "22. Trades must be confirmed via PM or email by both parties to Lucky17, both during the offseason (when Yahoo! league pages are unavailable) and during the season."

Suggested text:  "1. This is a 20-team dynasty league using a points scoring system. byennie serves as the commissioner."    and "22. Trades must be confirmed via PM or email by both parties to byennie, both during the offseason (when Yahoo! league pages are unavailable) and during the season."

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
As an overall suggestion to what qualifies to be included as an actual proposed amendment, I suggest that any proposed amendments must be seconded by someone other than the person who originally proposed it to qualify for further discussion and voting.

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Constitution Amendment Suggestion:

Current text: "1. This is a 20-team dynasty league using a points scoring system. Lucky17 (reachable via PM on Celticsblog or via email at luckyseventeen@gmail.com) serves as the commissioner."    and "22. Trades must be confirmed via PM or email by both parties to Lucky17, both during the offseason (when Yahoo! league pages are unavailable) and during the season."

Suggested text:  "1. This is a 20-team dynasty league using a points scoring system. byennie serves as the commissioner."    and "22. Trades must be confirmed via PM or email by both parties to byennie, both during the offseason (when Yahoo! league pages are unavailable) and during the season."

This I second, and agree with.

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Well there's an echo-chamber of a few people here.  Let's provided the suggestions to the entire league of 20 and see if someone seconds it.  Then we can vote on the ones that matter.

I'm merely offering up the suggestions.   I think the current rule system is fine, but since this is a trade about rule suggestions, I'm suggesting rules. 

« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Similar, but different suggestion here that we can add to the growing list of rule suggestions for the ballot:

Rule suggestion: Disparaging comments about another team's player is not permitted. 

Reason: This is a major source of drama for the league.  You might see Danny Ainge comment that LeBron James is a "heck of a basketball player", but Ainge would absolutely be fined if he said, "That Ty Lawson is a knucklehead and his trade value is worthless".   No team should be permitted to make negative comments about a player they don't own.  This includes comments about a player's "worth", injury history or character.  Nothing good comes from it.

Another avenue towards trade rape.  Rule suggestions to curb preventing it from happening, (vetoes and giving opinions on players) and rule suggestions to curb to preventing it from happening again ( no talking about trades that have happened)

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I believe some of you need to be reminded of byennie's original post in this thread:

2) Please behave. No name calling, accusing others of ulterior motives, etc.

We're having a discussion about rules.  Let's not break the rules for discussing rules.

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I believe some of you need to be reminded of byennie's original post in this thread:

We're having a discussion about rules.  Let's not break the rules for discussing rules.

We are stating potential problems with the rules. No one accused anyone in particular, just illustrated what can, and has, come out of these situations which I believe the proposed rules would accentuate instead of alleviate. That has been the core problem of this league, and imo discussing it openly is necessary.

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2015, 08:49:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

We are stating potential problems with the rules. No one accused anyone in particular, just illustrated what can, and has, come out of these situations which I believe the proposed rules would accentuate instead of alleviate.

eh...

Quote from: hpantazo
You just don't want it in place so that you can prey on new and inneperienced GMs

and

Quote from: Rondo2287
Seems to be a pattern of rules promoting "trade rape"

Both seem to be accusations of ulterior motives.  But nonetheless, I'll continue offering up suggestions for rules we can vote on since that's the purpose of this thread.

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

We are stating potential problems with the rules. No one accused anyone in particular, just illustrated what can, and has, come out of these situations which I believe the proposed rules would accentuate instead of alleviate.

eh...

You just don't want it in place so that you can prey on new and inneperienced GMs

and

Both seem to be accusations of ulterior motives.  But nonetheless, I'll continue offering up suggestions for rules we can vote on since that's the purpose of this thread.

Darn right it is, I call it like I see it.  If I proposed rules changing the scoring to favor centers and pg's since I have Paul, rondo, Aldridge and gasol,I would hope somebody would call me out.  I want an even competition here.  I would hope others want the same. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

eh...

and

You are consistently at the core of every problem that occurs in this league. If that doesn't change, the league won't last. That is all I have to say about that. If byennie wants to 'punish' people for pointing out issues with proposed rule changes that can result in expanding the current league problems, so be it. Good luck to the league then. It won't last past christmas.

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

eh...

and

Darn right it is, I call it like I see it.  If I proposed rules changing the scoring to favor centers and pg's since I have Paul, rondo, Aldridge and gasol,I would hope somebody would call me out. I want an even competition here.  I would hope others want the same.

« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm an active member of this league and arguably the most public. It makes sense that I'm involved in the majority of discussions.   I don't need to be berated for suggesting rule amendments, though. Rule suggestions are literally the purpose of this thread.

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:43 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I'm an active member of this league and arguably the most public. It makes sense that I'm involved in the majority of discussions.   I don't need to be berated for suggesting rule amendments, though. Rule suggestions are literally the purpose of this thread.

Having your position opposed is not berated,  as you said this thread is for discussions nobody is dissuading your from discussing

Discussions also involve back and forth and exchange of ideas among multiple parties

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

We made our concerns regarding proposed rule changes known, and you became accusatory and defensive. Honestly, a series of proposed rule changes you made had a clear pattern, and either it was on purpose to cause people to accuse you of something, or it was for the reasons you were accused for. Either way, you know what you did. This league is no longer fun as is at the moment. Its pretty sad.

There are at least 6-7 people I know of right now including myself who are strongly considering leaving the league for the same reason. This is it. Stop the games and manipulations and let the league run as it used to , or the league will be dead soon.