Author Topic: Okay, which one of you guys got videotaped at the Garden? (Celts fan arrested)  (Read 11453 times)

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
donoghus you've said before you're in section 311 right?
so you should've been over there handling the situation, you have a celticsblog obligation...
btw, i'm no stalker i just remember u mentioning where u sit in a thread about game 7 because i was in 324 that night.

Yeah, I'm in 311.

I have many obligations as a CB moderator (  ::) ) but taking care of some drunken idiot making a spectacle of himself isn't one of them. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
i was there last night and two guys got arrested for a fist fight in 318.

were they fighting over your honor?  ;)
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Typical fair weather fan who just goes to games to get drunk and cause trouble.

How'd you recognize me?  :(

at least you're not his girlfriend, it was so embarrasing for me to watch him get arrested, I know I should have worn that pink hat, its good luck

Baby, you know I only drink to make your personality tolerable.

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Typical fair weather fan who just goes to games to get drunk and cause trouble. I'm glad the garden is taking care of problems like this.

I feel like that person you described is about 25% of the attendance each night. Probably closer to 50% in the balcony. I'm talking the people that are yelling "Scal-a-breeeeneyyyyyyyyy" at the opening tip.

Exhibit A in the case against dropping ticket prices for the "common" fan.  Lower the prices and you get more and more meatheads like this.

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Typical fair weather fan who just goes to games to get drunk and cause trouble. I'm glad the garden is taking care of problems like this.

I feel like that person you described is about 25% of the attendance each night. Probably closer to 50% in the balcony. I'm talking the people that are yelling "Scal-a-breeeeneyyyyyyyyy" at the opening tip.

Exhibit A in the case against dropping ticket prices for the "common" fan.  Lower the prices and you get more and more meatheads like this.

whats the correlation?  meatheads are cheap and thus will only go if the tickets are cheap?  'proper fans' are wealthy  and thus wont make an idiot of themselves?

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

whats the correlation?  meatheads are cheap and thus will only go if the tickets are cheap?  'proper fans' are wealthy  and thus wont make an idiot of themselves?

poor fans can't afford beers at the game, I wonder if he smuggled something in!

Stupid Proletariats
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown

I'm saying you could get more people who normally wouldn't ever pay to go see the Celtics decide "hey let's go get drunk and yell and cause problems."  There's no correlation in regards to actual Celtics fans...you can be a hardcore fan who can only afford the $10 seats.  You are still gonna have a few issues with the supposed fans (the aforementioned video as proof), but you don't wanna fill the balcony with people like that.

Just a similar reasoning as to why you'll never see a repeat of 10-cent beer night riots 30 years ago in baseball.  :P

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

I'm saying you could get more people who normally wouldn't ever pay to go see the Celtics decide "hey let's go get drunk and yell and cause problems."  There's no correlation in regards to actual Celtics fans...you can be a hardcore fan who can only afford the $10 seats.  You are still gonna have a few issues with the supposed fans (the aforementioned video as proof), but you don't wanna fill the balcony with people like that.

Just a similar reasoning as to why you'll never see a repeat of 10-cent beer night riots 30 years ago in baseball.  :P

I guess...I dont see a lot of poor people spending 9 bucks for a beer.  if the $ is the issue, they will likely go to a cheap bar and watch the game.

Offline King Mob

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
I have to admit that I watched the whole video PRAYING that he was going to puke on one of the cops... man the would have been classic!

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown

I guess...I dont see a lot of poor people spending 9 bucks for a beer.  if the $ is the issue, they will likely go to a cheap bar and watch the game.

It's not so much a rich/poor thing, just a matter of people who normally wouldn't choose to pay to go to a game.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not me. I shave the noggin.

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

It's not so much a rich/poor thing, just a matter of people who normally wouldn't choose to pay to go to a game.

True, but this is a playoff game.  It's hard to get tickets.  I have been trying for every single playoff game and haven't been able to buy tickets off ticketmaster.
Baby Jesus!

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Also the difference between the last row and that row are like 50 bucks.

Generally 19 dollars for the back row, and then 65 for anything after. I consider myself a die hard Celtics Fan but 65 bucks (before fees) is too much for me for most games.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
BTW, is it me, or are you 60% more likely to be a d bag when rocking the Ray Allen jersey? I like Ray, and I have a few friends with a Ray jersey, but it seems like it can be the official jersey of the meat head.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
donoghus you've said before you're in section 311 right?
so you should've been over there handling the situation, you have a celticsblog obligation...
btw, i'm no stalker i just remember u mentioning where u sit in a thread about game 7 because i was in 324 that night.

Yeah, I'm in 311.

I have many obligations as a CB moderator (  ::) ) but taking care of some drunken idiot making a spectacle of himself isn't one of them. 

Well, unless they make a spectacle by typing their thoughts instead of saying them.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner