Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29675 times)

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season. (Injured?)
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
If he's got shoulder bursitis, it's odd that he's playing. The main treatment for this condition is rest...

Also, it's October.    The entire season is ahead of you.  I can possibly see a guy trying to grind it out in April while trying to get a playoff berth or during the playoffs.  But at the start of the season?  Just insane to me. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If he's got shoulder bursitis, it's odd that he's playing. The main treatment for this condition is rest...

Also, it's October.    The entire season is ahead of you.  I can possibly see a guy trying to grind it out in April while trying to get a playoff berth or during the playoffs.  But at the start of the season?  Just insane to me.
If you remember, Pierce routinely played with elbow bursitis that required regular drainage. However, unlike Fultz, this didn't seem to affect his production. Fultz should feel a lot better with ~1 month rest, I have no idea why the 76ers are messing with him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Good Lord Philly is a dumpster fire. I just cannot wrap my head around this. Why in the world would you continue to play him?

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Why....the....heck....was....he....playing?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."

oh man...why didn't they pull him the minute they found out?  What reason could they possibly have for playing him when he is injured, especially at the start of the season?

he had it drained before the start of the season as well.  is this just all on the insane philly management/coaches/trainers?

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 04:43:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."

The best part:

No decision has been made for Fultz to miss games, league sources said.

That can’t be real, right? The guy can’t raise his shoulder, and they’re not sure if they’re going to shut him down?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Give him time ....Thats a long jumper ...there is risk

he has to work up to those hero shots

;D

Time to shut him down for the season .   Let the tanking begin.

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I guess if playing wasn't supposed to exacerbate the injury and they wanted to get him early reps...nope, it still makes no sense. Didn't they royally screw up Embiid's diagnosis and let him play another game with a torn meniscus?

I just hope it doesn't give him a mental (or physical) block going forward. As much as we want to crow about making the right decision with that deal, I hate to see a young talented guy not fulfill his potential because he listened to team doctors.

If the kid has to change his entire shot to deal with the pain, he should be shut down. There's zero logic in him playing through this.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

this is the type of thing where you fire the entire coaching staff. There was a link posted where the head coach said he Thinks the injury was why he shot bad. He knew and still played him. Fire him.

I agree. Staff should be fired for this. Ridiculous

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Time to shut him down for the season .   Let the tanking begin.
I don't know... is there a lottery talent this year that projects to miss a season with a debilitating injury? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Philly has had no problem in recent years shutting down players who have had injury concerns. I believe there's an injury but I don't think that's the only reason Fultz changed his motion. This seems like an attempt to excuse a horribly ill-advised decision on Fultz's part to reconstruct his FT stroke.

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Philly has had no problem in recent years shutting down players who have had injury concerns. I believe there's an injury but I don't think that's the only reason Fultz changed his motion. This seems like an attempt to excuse a horribly ill-advised decision on Fultz's part to reconstruct his FT stroke.
Exactly.  Anything an agent says should be taken with a truckload of salt. 

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
This is literally just setting up for Simmons and/or Embiid to get injured before the end of this month, and then back to tanking in Philly!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Exactly.  Anything an agent says should be taken with a truckload of salt.

Yeah, this is super weird in this day and age. Professional sports are 365 day leagues; was Fultz really on his own changing his shot just because? Was he not getting coaching? Was he changing his shot because of an injury? Did the team know about the injury? After Embiid and Simmons, suddenly they have a rookie playing through shoulder injuries in his shooting arm? Ruining his shooting motion or making up a compensatory shooting motion on his own? This sounds like either Philly doing an awful job protecting and developing their investment, and/or Fultz being bizarrely secretive and independent.

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
How can anyone still be foolish to believe anything from the sixers organization? Do you really believe  the organization would let him play a basketball game if he can't raise his arm? This isn't game 7 of the finals and he's not Michael Jordan.

You don't even have to believe it. Here's the picture:

The kid is a bust and this is damage control so they can sell their jerseys before shutting him down for the year to get another lotto pick. Enough already. League has to start intervening in this nonsense.

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2017, 09:35:44 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Actually no, they had a player who they mismanaged an injury by playing him. I forgot who, will ask my friend.

CB is really getting worst. If you want gratification on picking Tatum, just watch him, he's a stud. No need to continuously put down another for that. This is very disappointing. Now news report come out saying you are wrong and you try save your pride by refysing to accept the reports? Keep digging your own graves.