Author Topic: Forget the Super Heat, The Cs won't even make it past the Bulls  (Read 11921 times)

Re: Forget the Super Heat, The Cs won't even make it past the Bulls
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
To be honest, quite a ridiculous post. I get the sentiment behind it, that the Chicago Bulls have improved and may give us trouble down the road, but the argument is just ridiculous. The OP's argument is that Drose and Rondo are even, Perk and KG pretty much cancel out Boozer and Noah, and so we should be worried about the Bulls because Ray and Pierce have "no hope of keeping up" with Reddick and Korver....

Read that last line again, this whole post is based around the argument that Pierce and Allen have no hope of keeping up with Reddick and Korver. I'm without words...

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Honestly, with all the trouble they've given us over the years, this roster looks to be an absolute force. I mean, wow. They're basically a younger, faster version of the Celtics with better shooting and rebounding. Redick and Korver are absolutely going to light it up for 3 point land. Pierce and Ray have no hope of keeping up. Down low, Noah is going to give KG all kinds of headaches and even if Perk can't neutralize Boozer, he brings no offensive game of his own. And Rondo/Rose is pretty much a wash.

In essence, they outmatch us from virtually every position and I don't see any way we get past them with all the weapons they bring to the table. In fact, I like this team as a sleeper team to take out both us, The Super Heat and The Magic. Hell, they may even give the Lakers a run for their money (though I think the size of Gasol/Bynum will ultimately be the tipping point for the Lakers). I mean, really, how can we hope to beat this team? Even if our defense can slow them down, their rebounding, speed and 3 point power is going to do us in.

The best we can hope for is that this team does well enough in the regular season to wind up on the other side of the bracket. If them and the Heat can beat each other up enough before the have to face us, maybe we stand an outside chance of beating whichever team makes it out of that blood bath. The East is shaping up to be an absolute gunfight and the Celtics are bringing a walker.

Haha. I'm already psyched about watching Korver try and guard Pierce for a series. They outmatch us at roughly zero positions.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
To be honest, quite a ridiculous post. I get the sentiment behind it, that the Chicago Bulls have improved and may give us trouble down the road, but the argument is just ridiculous. The OP's argument is that Drose and Rondo are even, Perk and KG pretty much cancel out Boozer and Noah, and so we should be worried about the Bulls because Ray and Pierce have "no hope of keeping up" with Reddick and Korver....

Read that last line again, this whole post is based around the argument that Pierce and Allen have no hope of keeping up with Reddick and Korver. I'm without words...

Well, I wouldn't call it a ridiculous post, but the OP's opinion is that CHI will be better, I think, which they will be.

To me, though - we can still take em' in Six.

Just like MIA - in Six. But that is a story for another day.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Also remember that this team no longer has Ben Gordon.

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
That's a good team, but like the Jazz in the West, I think they won't have enough to knock off an elite team with its game face on, especially with those 2-guards.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
So far I still think Boston are the ECF favorites.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Also remember that this team no longer has Ben Gordon.

And also remember that we'll have KG and Scal and Moore won't be fighting it out to be the 3rd big in our rotation.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 05:22:55 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
We'd be done with these guys in 5 games, and I haven't been the most optimistic C's fan since the season ended, but these guys are no threat to us. Especially after watching the Lakers front line stifle Boozer, we have the same kind of height.

Re: Forget the Super Heat and the Bulls, C's got this
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I do not agree.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
So far I still think Boston are the ECF favorites.

I think this is true until Miami fills out their roster and then they take over.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
This post is  ridiculous.  We don't even know if JJ Reddick will be on the Bulls because Orlando can match and that wouldn't even be their starting lineup Deng would be in it.

We were a Kendrick Perkins away from Banner 18 this year!  And now a team that was the eighth seed in the playoffs who only had a decent signing at power forward and now is basically where they were at two years ago when we beat them in the playoffs two years is going to beat us next year?

You're joking right?
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
This post is  ridiculous.  We don't even know if JJ Reddick will be on the Bulls because Orlando can match and that wouldn't even be their starting lineup Deng would be in it.

We were a Kendrick Perkins away from Banner 18 this year!  And now a team that was the eighth seed in the playoffs who only had a decent signing at power forward and now is basically where they were at two years ago when we beat them in the playoffs two years is going to beat us next year?

You're joking right?

Seriously. The Celtics are 5 points away from being the champions in the whole league.

Lakers are number 1
Celtics are number 2
Magic are number 3
Heat are number 4 until they get 2 Centers to protect the rim AND post defend and 1 more quality bench player.

Then the league drops off to number 5.

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

You're joking right?

Seriously. The Celtics are 5 points away from being the champions in the whole league.

Lakers are number 1
Celtics are number 2
Magic are number 3
Heat are number 4 until they get 2 Centers to protect the rim AND post defend and 1 more quality bench player.

Then the league drops off to number 5.

Thank you Mr. October TP.  Once the Heat can get a PG like they're trying with Derek Fish, he would be a very good signing for them, a Center and some sort of bench you can not count them to be better than us and the Lakers.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Honestly, with all the trouble they've given us over the years, this roster looks to be an absolute force. I mean, wow. They're basically a younger, faster version of the Celtics with better shooting and rebounding. Redick and Korver are absolutely going to light it up for 3 point land. Pierce and Ray have no hope of keeping up. Down low, Noah is going to give KG all kinds of headaches and even if Perk can't neutralize Boozer, he brings no offensive game of his own. And Rondo/Rose is pretty much a wash.

In essence, they outmatch us from virtually every position and I don't see any way we get past them with all the weapons they bring to the table. In fact, I like this team as a sleeper team to take out both us, The Super Heat and The Magic. Hell, they may even give the Lakers a run for their money (though I think the size of Gasol/Bynum will ultimately be the tipping point for the Lakers). I mean, really, how can we hope to beat this team? Even if our defense can slow them down, their rebounding, speed and 3 point power is going to do us in.

The best we can hope for is that this team does well enough in the regular season to wind up on the other side of the bracket. If them and the Heat can beat each other up enough before the have to face us, maybe we stand an outside chance of beating whichever team makes it out of that blood bath. The East is shaping up to be an absolute gunfight and the Celtics are bringing a walker.

Well, GH - I'll take our Starting Five over that one (CHI) any day. Sure, Chicago has vastly improved, but I don't see them beating us in a series.

Perk (or J.O) will neutralize Noah..Noah is certainly an up-and-coming Big - somewhat similar to Perk, but - he isn't Perk (or as gifted offensively) as JO. I think we have a slight advantage here.

KG VS Boozer? Well, Boozer has had a LOT of trouble in the past with long PF's, and they don't come much longer (Or Better Defensively) than our KG. Gasol gave Boozer much frustration in the playoffs the last two yrs, due to his height alone. I would watch Gasol (or Bynum) just simply hold their arms and hands straight (textbook Defense) up whenever Boozer got the ball down low, and this alone was enought to create enough havoc for Boozer to miss.

Offensively? KG will have no trouble getting his shot off VS Boozer, who's 6'9". Plus, the thing that makes me happy is that we will have the 09-10 playoff version KG (Version 2.1  ;)) from here on out vice the version who sadly limped through the regular season due to his rehabbing knee.

KG said all along last year that his knee was fine, and he showed it to me at least during the playoffs.

As for SF? You mean Korver? Korver? Look he's a great shooter, no doubt, but unless CHI has Deng who can slow Pierce down somewhat, I look for Pierce to have the same kind of playoff series against CHI as he had against ORL last yr - when he basically torched Matt Barnes.

Backcourt? Sure - Rose is a top 6 or 7 PG, but our Rondo is a Top 3. And Rondo is now 2+yrs advanced from Rose having that stellar playoff series against him, in 08-09. While Rose will definitely cause us fits, he certainly won't have the same effect again like he had then. He will have a more mobile KG, Perk, and O'Neal waiting for him in the paint this time to counter him from just waltzing into it like he did in 08-09. Plus, we will have TA or Nate to slow him down. If TA could give Kobe and Wade fits last playoffs, then Rose is certainly not above those two.

Redddick? He is a crafty defender and scorer, but it will be interesting to see him put up the same numbers as a starter. I was rooting for him to come to Boston as a backup to Ray. Now, as a starter in CHI VS us? I'll take our Backcourt of Ray and Rondo (and TA and Nate) any day.

Plus, our overall Bench strength of Davis, TA, Nate, (Hopefully Scal), Shelden and eventually Jermaine O'Neal once Perk comes back will certainly spell our starters - and I think they will be better than whatever CHI can put out there.

Plus, Danny isn't finished getting us more players, I think. IMO, we need one more Offensive Wing, who doesn't mind playing defense - who can spell Pierce.

Dorrell Wright, anyone? I've always been intrigued by him.

TP for the discussion, GH. That's my take. IF we met CHI in the playoffs in 10-11, we will beat them in 6 rather tough games. But it will be Six. And by then, we will have Perk back.

Edit - I forgot all about Harangody, Bradley and Marquis Daniels. My Bad.

We may very well have the team we need to do compete next yr already.

Perk (or J.O) will neutralize Noah..Noah is certainly an up-and-coming Big - somewhat similar to Perk, but - he isn't Perk (or as gifted offensively) as JO. I think we have a slight advantage here.

WHAT?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  PERK's KNEE WAS SHREDDED and JO WAS GOD AWFUL IN THE PLAYOFFS!  DONT BE SUCH A HOMER!

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Ha ha a walker is being generously kind. A gurney is more like it. Most often name to come up this season......Eddy Lacerte.