Author Topic: Forget the Super Heat, The Cs won't even make it past the Bulls  (Read 11922 times)

Offline Green Hell

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Honestly, with all the trouble they've given us over the years, this roster looks to be an absolute force. I mean, wow. They're basically a younger, faster version of the Celtics with better shooting and rebounding. Redick and Korver are absolutely going to light it up for 3 point land. Pierce and Ray have no hope of keeping up. Down low, Noah is going to give KG all kinds of headaches and even if Perk can't neutralize Boozer, he brings no offensive game of his own. And Rondo/Rose is pretty much a wash.

In essence, they outmatch us from virtually every position and I don't see any way we get past them with all the weapons they bring to the table. In fact, I like this team as a sleeper team to take out both us, The Super Heat and The Magic. Hell, they may even give the Lakers a run for their money (though I think the size of Gasol/Bynum will ultimately be the tipping point for the Lakers). I mean, really, how can we hope to beat this team? Even if our defense can slow them down, their rebounding, speed and 3 point power is going to do us in.

The best we can hope for is that this team does well enough in the regular season to wind up on the other side of the bracket. If them and the Heat can beat each other up enough before the have to face us, maybe we stand an outside chance of beating whichever team makes it out of that blood bath. The East is shaping up to be an absolute gunfight and the Celtics are bringing a walker.
Never stop believing baby~

Re: Forget the Super Heat, The Cs won't even make it past the Bulls
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm sure you're joking, here.  Pierce and Allen "have no hope of keeping up" with Redick and Korver?  Come on, please!

They are a nice young team, though.  Serious contenders this season?  No way.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Why isn't Deng in your starting lineup? He's arguably their second best player. Starting wings of Korver and Redick isn't scaring anyone.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 04:10:06 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Why all the negativty?

(I wanted to post this in the Celtics vs Heat - how do we stack up thread, but will just sum it up in here).

Yes the Heat has the newly formed trio, and with them taking the paycut they will be able to get themsleves a pretty good roster, but that doesn't automatically mean they WILL beat us.

And same goes for the Bulls. Just because a team looks good on the paper doesn't mean that they will be good on the court as well.

I am not taking any credit away from the Bulls or the Heat and neither am I underestimating their potential; but I think it's way to early for us to panic and already start making predictions of us not getting past those two teams.

At least we should wait to see how the final rosters of all 3 teams look before counting the Celtz out.

If DA can get us a good + solid bench, and if we can stay healthy; then I'll take the guys in green any day of the week over the 'dream team' and the Bulls.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Good god is Kyle Korver terrible. Couldn't even win a starting job over my man:

Wesley Matthews!

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This thread idea has no logic behind it. I am not worried about the Bulls and Kyle Korver. Redick has signed an offer sheet that will probably get matched by Orlando.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 04:28:51 PM »

Offline ScalPal

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I hate the "why the negativity?" posts. Why the irrational rose colored glasses. I personally agree the Bulls are better, though Deng WILL start over Korver. But the Celts can beat them if things go the right way with health and hot shooting.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
the way i see it, Pierce and Allen should have no problem defending Korver, Deng or Reddick,

Rondo might have some difficulties with Rose
KG being 1 year removed from surgery and BBD will take care of Noah, and Jermaine KG and when Perk comes back should take care of Boozer...

I'm not worried, even if they had this team last year i will still not be afraid, they don't scare me as much as Cleveland and Orlando did

The Eastern Conference should be as followed

1. Celtics (if we can add someone or two more pieces to our roster, we should be able to fight for ECF spot and back to the Finals)
2. Orlando
3. Heat (depending on who they sign for bench, and center, i will put them as 3rd for now, they might as well be 2nd if they can add some good pieces if not i ahte to say it ahead of us)
4. Bulls
5. Atlanta
6. Milwaukee
7. Charlotte
8. NY (Just cuz i like Amar'e  :), doesnt really matter whos 8 really)

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I hate the "why the negativity?" posts. Why the irrational rose colored glasses. I personally agree the Bulls are better, though Deng WILL start over Korver. But the Celts can beat them if things go the right way with health and hot shooting.

What rose colored glasses?

Have you see the full roster for the Celtics? for the Bulls? for the Heat?

No.

So on the basis of half rosters how can you just make the assumption that C's wont get past the Bulls or the Heat?

Like I have already said, I am not underestimating the potential of Heat/Bulls, but its way too early to already start predicting for the playoffs.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 04:40:12 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
Wake me up.  We've heard all this before.  Same people said we wouldn't get past the Heat this year.  Or the Cavs.  Or the magic.

<yawn>

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
1.) Word out of Orlando is they are probably going to match Redick's offer.

2.) Puhlease. The Bulls as presently constructed are as good as the Hawks but that is all. Rose has to take a 2007-08 Chris Paul like leap in his abilities to transform that team into a real Eastern Conference contender. If he doesn't, that Bulls team is second round fodder for a healthy Celtics, a healthy Magic or a healthy Heat team.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Honestly, with all the trouble they've given us over the years, this roster looks to be an absolute force. I mean, wow. They're basically a younger, faster version of the Celtics with better shooting and rebounding. Redick and Korver are absolutely going to light it up for 3 point land. Pierce and Ray have no hope of keeping up. Down low, Noah is going to give KG all kinds of headaches and even if Perk can't neutralize Boozer, he brings no offensive game of his own. And Rondo/Rose is pretty much a wash.

In essence, they outmatch us from virtually every position and I don't see any way we get past them with all the weapons they bring to the table. In fact, I like this team as a sleeper team to take out both us, The Super Heat and The Magic. Hell, they may even give the Lakers a run for their money (though I think the size of Gasol/Bynum will ultimately be the tipping point for the Lakers). I mean, really, how can we hope to beat this team? Even if our defense can slow them down, their rebounding, speed and 3 point power is going to do us in.

The best we can hope for is that this team does well enough in the regular season to wind up on the other side of the bracket. If them and the Heat can beat each other up enough before the have to face us, maybe we stand an outside chance of beating whichever team makes it out of that blood bath. The East is shaping up to be an absolute gunfight and the Celtics are bringing a walker.

Well, GH - I'll take our Starting Five over that one (CHI) any day. Sure, Chicago has vastly improved, but I don't see them beating us in a series.

Perk (or J.O) will neutralize Noah..Noah is certainly an up-and-coming Big - somewhat similar to Perk, but - he isn't Perk (or as gifted offensively) as JO. I think we have a slight advantage here.

KG VS Boozer? Well, Boozer has had a LOT of trouble in the past with long PF's, and they don't come much longer (Or Better Defensively) than our KG. Gasol gave Boozer much frustration in the playoffs the last two yrs, due to his height alone. I would watch Gasol (or Bynum) just simply hold their arms and hands straight (textbook Defense) up whenever Boozer got the ball down low, and this alone was enought to create enough havoc for Boozer to miss.

Offensively? KG will have no trouble getting his shot off VS Boozer, who's 6'9". Plus, the thing that makes me happy is that we will have the 09-10 playoff version KG (Version 2.1  ;)) from here on out vice the version who sadly limped through the regular season due to his rehabbing knee.

KG said all along last year that his knee was fine, and he showed it to me at least during the playoffs.

As for SF? You mean Korver? Korver? Look he's a great shooter, no doubt, but unless CHI has Deng who can slow Pierce down somewhat, I look for Pierce to have the same kind of playoff series against CHI as he had against ORL last yr - when he basically torched Matt Barnes.

Backcourt? Sure - Rose is a top 6 or 7 PG, but our Rondo is a Top 3. And Rondo is now 2+yrs advanced from Rose having that stellar playoff series against him, in 08-09. While Rose will definitely cause us fits, he certainly won't have the same effect again like he had then. He will have a more mobile KG, Perk, and O'Neal waiting for him in the paint this time to counter him from just waltzing into it like he did in 08-09. Plus, we will have TA or Nate to slow him down. If TA could give Kobe and Wade fits last playoffs, then Rose is certainly not above those two.

Redddick? He is a crafty defender and scorer, but it will be interesting to see him put up the same numbers as a starter. I was rooting for him to come to Boston as a backup to Ray. Now, as a starter in CHI VS us? I'll take our Backcourt of Ray and Rondo (and TA and Nate) any day.

Plus, our overall Bench strength of Davis, TA, Nate, (Hopefully Scal), Shelden and eventually Jermaine O'Neal once Perk comes back will certainly spell our starters - and I think they will be better than whatever CHI can put out there.

Plus, Danny isn't finished getting us more players, I think. IMO, we need one more Offensive Wing, who doesn't mind playing defense - who can spell Pierce.

Dorrell Wright, anyone? I've always been intrigued by him.

TP for the discussion, GH. That's my take. IF we met CHI in the playoffs in 10-11, we will beat them in 6 rather tough games. But it will be Six. And by then, we will have Perk back.

Edit - I forgot all about Harangody, Bradley and Marquis Daniels. My Bad.

We may very well have the team we need to do compete next yr already.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:02:38 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
They don't scare me.

Always thought Boozer was overrated. Noah is a garbage man. Korver is a shooter and nothing else. JJ (did Orlando definitely not match?) can shoot, and defend decently. Haven't like Deng's offensive game in like 3 years.

Rose is a stud though, but luckily we have Rondo for him.

They will be a good defensive team, but not enough firepower on offense when they need it.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Rose
Korver
Redick
Noah
Boozer

Huh?
The Celtics will whoop on this line up!!!
Youshould think twice before you post and actually look at their line up!!! I can't believe I wasted my time writing in this thread let alone letting my eyes read was a mistake,they will never be the same again!!!

Celtics will take this squad in 5 games!! Mark my words!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Honestly, with all the trouble they've given us over the years

What trouble are you referring to? The playoffs series where we didn't have KG and Scal was our first big off the bench? Oh yeah, they gave us trouble in that series, for sure.

But with KG we're undefeated against the Bulls and our average victory of margin is probably around 20 points. Please... they won two games last year against us, the first on a back to back when we didn't have KG, and the second one when they desperately needed to win to get a spot in the playoffs and when we were tanking the end of the season.

Boozer is a nice addition, Korver too, but they are no threat.