Author Topic: Luke Harangody  (Read 54925 times)

Re: Luke Harangody
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 11:53:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I wonder what the Celtics team is thinking right now? KG Rondo PP RAY AND PERK are scratching their heads over this 52nd pick. 6'7 is not going to stop Bynum or Gasol DANNY!!!!

I'll go out on a limb and guarantee that our starters aren't scratching their heads over the 52nd pick in the draft. I'll also state, for the record, that none of them expected Ainge to come up with someone who would stop Bynum or Gasol with that pick.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
Harangody used to get absolutely torched by Tyler Hansborough in one on one match ups in college ball.

Take that for what it's worth.

harangody never played hansborough in college
Link

Wrong. Here's a box score that refutes your claim.

my bad.. didnt think i saw a game against unc.. but he shot fifty percent in the on game they played... thats getting torn up in college??

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I joke that he's got the goofy Scal look going.... but he looks physically better in all ways.

Except, he's 2 and 3/4 inches shorter.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I joke that he's got the goofy Scal look going.... but he looks physically better in all ways.

NBA players are given 2 inches to their height if they want it in programs. Scal is not really 6'9.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 12:01:09 AM »

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
i think he's more of a replacement for scal rather then a real player....I hate this. Our problem was being out rebounded and he gets short players? It makes no since. dudes 6'7...can't play PF becuase of size and not SF because of speed. He also has some of the most horrible defensive I've ever seen. If this is to be Rondos team in the future what is he suppose to be? cheerleader?....i really don't want him. Now if Danyy doesn't trade Sheed and maybe this pick for Beasley and get some youth on this aging roster I will deem this offseason a failure......I really want to get it...but i don't.  ???

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Harangody used to get absolutely torched by Tyler Hansborough in one on one match ups in college ball.

Take that for what it's worth.

harangody never played hansborough in college
Link

Wrong. Here's a box score that refutes your claim.

my bad.. didnt think i saw a game against unc.. but he shot fifty percent in the one game they played... thats getting torn up in college??
No, but giving up 34 points while scoring just 13 does.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 12:03:57 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
i think he's more of a replacement for scal rather then a real player....I hate this. Our problem was being out rebounded and he gets short players? It makes no since. dudes 6'7...can't play PF becuase of size and not SF because of speed. He also has some of the most horrible defensive I've ever seen. If this is to be Rondos team in the future what is he suppose to be? cheerleader?....i really don't want him. Now if Danyy doesn't trade Sheed and maybe this pick for Beasley and get some youth on this aging roster I will deem this offseason a failure......I really want to get it...but i don't.  ???

I agree I just dont understand tonight at all, Danny has to fix this or it will be a total mess man.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

NBA players are given 2 inches to their height if they want it in programs. Scal is not really 6'9.

You don't think I check my facts? Scalabrine measured out 6'8.75" without shoes in the 2001 pre-draft camp, while Harangody measures 6'6".

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
I wonder what the Celtics team is thinking right now? KG Rondo PP RAY AND PERK are scratching their heads over this 52nd pick. 6'7 is not going to stop Bynum or Gasol DANNY!!!!

I'll go out on a limb and guarantee that our starters aren't scratching their heads over the 52nd pick in the draft. I'll also state, for the record, that none of them expected Ainge to come up with someone who would stop Bynum or Gasol with that pick.

Really? Yes they were. Especially KG. We need some height muscle not a undersize power forward. We need rebounding right now that IS why we lost the title they are scratching their heads.....KG and Perk especailly.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Is it possible to take away a TP for a post like this? I mean come on. ::) That had to be a joke, right?

The Hawks just drafted Pape Sy after us. Someone almost no one heard of. Teams were taking anyone with height and a pulse around where we picked. None of these players will likely ever sniff the NBA.

I'd honestly take Harangody over either of the guys the Knicks drafted earlier. Fields or Rautins. Harangody has just as good a chance of doing something in the league as anyone picked #32 on.

[Edit.  No personal attacks.]

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:45:21 AM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14

Really? Yes they were. Especially KG. We need some height muscle not a undersize power forward. We need rebounding right now that IS why we lost the title they are scratching their heads.....KG and Perk especailly.
Do you honestly think KG and Perkins thought we were getting anything with the 52(!) pick of the draft. Unlike some fans, they are not crazy. They know most second round picks amount to nothing. So you wanted them to draft some 7'0" stiff who is not going to help at all? Instead of a guy who might be able to play? Give me a break. If you have size and are available late in the second round, you probably stink or are clearly not ready for the NBA. Just stop.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

I agree I just dont understand tonight at all..."

Clearly.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
Is it possible to take away a TP for a post like this? I mean come on. ::) That had to be a joke, right?

The Hawks just drafted Pape Sy after us. Someone almost no one heard of. Teams were taking anyone with height and a pulse around where we picked. None of these players will likely ever sniff the NBA.

I'd honestly take Harangody over either of the guys the Knicks drafted earlier. Fields or Rautins. Harangody has just as good a chance of doing something in the league as anyone picked #32 on.

I see the crazies our out tonight. Harangody is likely not going to make the team. And no, Danny, cannot trade Sheed and this pick(Harangody) for Beasley. First Sheed just retired. Second, um, do I even have to tell you why you are insane?

I really don't get what planet you are from. Also please learn to spell. It's annoying.

Spoon you do not have enough TP or Posts to EVEN ASK to remove a point from me, so just as my good friend Floyd Mayweather says STEP YOUR GAME UP!!! And yes they are scratching their heads like you are too. Harangody is not what we need.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:42 AM »

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

I see the crazies our out tonight. Harangody is likely not going to make the team. And no, Danny, cannot trade Sheed and this pick(Harangody) for Beasley. First Sheed just retired. Second, um, do I even have to tell you why you are insane?

I really don't get what planet you are from. Also please learn to spell. It's annoying.

Okay, first of my internet is going off and on. It sent out the message before I could edit. I also was not informed Wallace retired so now Beasley will never be here. Please tell me the upside to this pick? How does he help us? I mean at least if you get someone with length they can battle in the paint….this guy can’t. I’m not crazy at all, maybe you are though.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Exactly what we need...another excessively thick undersized PF who thinks he can shoot.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers