Author Topic: To Whoever Going To The Pelicans-Celtics Game Tomorrow...  (Read 2868 times)

Re: To Whoever Going To The Pelicans-Celtics Game Tomorrow...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 10:59:18 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Is Davis hurt or something? he only played 23 minutes and scored 3 pts in the game tonight.

Guess he's still playing, so he's OK...

Davis took a knee to his hip in the first quarter and limped to the locker room. He didn’t return until around the 10 minute mark of the third quarter and was clearly not moving well. Considering how he was moving, tonight is on a back-to-back, and the flight from Detroit to Boston could cause swelling, I would doubt he plays tonight.

Let's hope he doesn't play or is severely limited if he does. If Baynes is still out (which he probably will be) and Al doesn't play and AD is 100% it could get ugly for the Theisman, as big a fan as I am of him.
Time Lord will handle Davis just fine

I would love to see that matchup.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Is Davis hurt or something? he only played 23 minutes and scored 3 pts in the game tonight.

Davis took a knee to his hip in the first quarter and limped to the locker room. He didn’t return until around the 10 minute mark of the third quarter and was clearly not moving well. Considering how he was moving, tonight is on a back-to-back, and the flight from Detroit to Boston could cause swelling, I would doubt he plays tonight.

Let's hope he doesn't play or is severely limited if he does. If Baynes is still out (which he probably will be) and Al doesn't play and AD is 100% it could get ugly for the Theisman, as big a fan as I am of him.
Time Lord will handle Davis just fine

Is Time Lord (or Father Time they're now calling him) playing or still out looking after his newborn?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
ouch!

Aron Baynes (left ankle sprain) - OUT
Gordon Hayward (illness) - DOUBTFUL
Al Horford (left knee soreness) - DOUBTFUL
Kyrie Irving (right shoulder soreness) - OUT
Guerschon Yabusele (right ankle sprain) - OUT

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 12:58:34 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Bring a poster there saying, "We Want You, Anthony Davis!", cheer loudly when he does something good, make it known we want him here next summer (or in 2021 FA if that's an option)  ;D

Yes, put away your "We Want You, Jahlil Okafor!" posters.

Or just write on the backs of them.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

For those who don't follow Davis closely, this kind of thing is really, really common with him. He constantly goes out for a few minutes, or a game, here or there with little injuries. It's kinda' annoying.

It is. I remember someone pointing out that he hasn't really missed a huge number of games for having an injury prone reputation. However, he is quite frequently missing parts of games or playing poorly after being shook up. I think 'annoying' is the best way to describe it because he's so good you kind of can't complain too much. But it's always there.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 02:00:22 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
ouch!

Aron Baynes (left ankle sprain) - OUT
Gordon Hayward (illness) - DOUBTFUL
Al Horford (left knee soreness) - DOUBTFUL
Kyrie Irving (right shoulder soreness) - OUT
Guerschon Yabusele (right ankle sprain) - OUT

Maybe it seems silly, but we can still manage this tonight.

Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Morris and Theis will play 30-35 minutes. Ojeleye can give you 20-25 solid minutes and then you have Wannamaker and Williams for a few short stints.

More injuries are not welcome though. I see it as a result of the exhausting NBA schedule. The Boston Celtics have already played 25 games in just 55 days. That's more than 3 games a week! Crazy.

And you can argue that it has always been like that, but in the Tour de France they used to do stages of over 200 miles, but they have adjusted to the modern age. So should the NBA.

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kinda' feels like a showcase game. Let New Orleans get an up-close look at Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, Ojeleye, Williams, etc.

Still not sure I would trade for Davis given his injury concerns, but it's a good opportunity for these young guys.

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i be there in mind ..if not in body  ;D