Author Topic: The Pick Two Draft Thread  (Read 478025 times)

Re: The Pick Two Draft Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
Caught me by surprise as well, I'll admit.

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Oden I don't unless it's being traded

It's a reach, but I love Oden's potential.  He was turning into a beast this year, and next to Durant, he'd be killer.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2010, 11:41:17 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2010, 11:41:39 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The Robber Barons select Greg Oden.

Dun DUn DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
The Gay pick I get

Actually, I prefer the Oden pick. (Insert photo-shopped naked Oden in Robber Barons' jersey here.)

And I'm not sure there's any advantage to drafting Gay over Pierce. Rudy Gay is not going to be worth the amount of money it will take to resign him.

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2010, 11:44:46 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Gonna wait on trade offers a bit longer before I step to the podium. #5 is for sale.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It's a reach, but I love Oden's potential.  He was turning into a beast this year, and next to Durant, he'd be killer.

He was playing pretty well. If he's healthy he's right there with Gasol (younger) and Brook Lopez as one of the up and coming centers.

But that's a big if, yeah?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

He was playing pretty well. If he's healthy he's right there with Gasol (younger) and Brook Lopez as one of the up and coming centers.

Yep.  He could be injury-plagued his entire career.  However, his ceiling is better than any other guy left.  I mean, this guy was seen as the next Dwight Howard.

Plus, he's only 21.

If things work out, I've surrounded Durant with excellent defenders at center and point guard, all of whom should get better.  Plus, it takes a bit of pressure off of Oden, since he never has to feel like he's competing against Durant; they're on the same team, pulling for the same goal.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
The Gay pick I get

Actually, I prefer the Oden pick. (Insert photo-shopped naked Oden in Robber Barons' jersey here.)

And I'm not sure there's any advantage to drafting Gay over Pierce. Rudy Gay is not going to be worth the amount of money it will take to resign him.

The Clippers aren't competing now, they're competing in a few years.  Pierce is on his way down, and Gay is on his way up.

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Also, you get the fun experiment of putting him on a team with Kevin Durant, and then seeing if one or both spontaneously combusts.

Yep.  He could be injury-plagued his entire career.  However, his ceiling is better than any other guy left.  I mean, this guy was seen as the next Dwight Howard.

Plus, he's only 21.

Also, you get the experiment of putting Oden and Durant on the same team and seeing if the curse has transitive properties within its own draft class.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The Gay pick I get

The Clippers aren't competing now, they're competing in a few years.  Pierce is on his way down, and Gay is on his way up.

Exactly why I like this pick.

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm looking at either moving my pick, or potentially Big Al. I've got some time till I'm "on the clock". So send me a PM.

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Well, except we've heard this about Rudy Gay before. He's not really on the rise, he's returned to form, and for who knows how long (Contract Year!). Pierce will still be the better player over the next two seasons. (He's the more efficient scorer, far better from behind the arc and at the line, and a better ball-handler and passer. None of which will change much.)

Instead you're going to have to immediately pay first banana money to a second banana. Ask the 76ers how that can hurt the rebuilding effort.

EDIT/Disclaimer - But he's always been a popular pick here. So maybe I'm wrong/ am biased against him.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:04:57 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Well, except we've heard this about Rudy Gay before. He's not really on the rise, he's returned to form, and for who knows how long (Contract Year!).

I basically agree.  When he was drafted, I thought Gay had star potential.  However, compared to two years ago, his points, rebounds, assists, 3PT%, FG%, FT%, and blocks per minute are all down, and his steals per minute are even.  Best case scenario, he's the same player he was two years ago; he hasn't improved at all, and there's no reason to expect that he will.  Basically, what you see is what you get.

He's still a good player, but I don't think he'll ever be a star.

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Wiggle and I are agreeing too much here.  There needs to be more blood shed!