Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 955897 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3210 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:58 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Love This Flix....

Forget about that

I think he was BEST in this movie

*sipped*

« Reply #3211 on: August 17, 2021, 10:54:49 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Ford vs Ferrari

Fascinating because of the historical accuracy, the fact that the real story of Shelby & Miles is so interesting and the performances of Damon and Bale so compelling to watch - especially Christian Bale.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #3212 on: October 03, 2021, 08:47:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Haven't watched it yet but even having HBO Max I plan on going to theaters opening weekend to watch the new Dune movie. Will be my first time back to a theater since Covid started. It's got good reviews over seas as a decent high budget action flick and I'm a mark for Scifi.

« Reply #3213 on: October 03, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Guilty on Netflix.  It was good enough for a 90 minute time waster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3214 on: October 03, 2021, 10:56:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Loved it, but I am a huge MCU fan. Lots of really great humor mixed in and it really moves the story of the next phase forward.

« Reply #3215 on: October 10, 2021, 04:28:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Went to see the latest Bond movie today

No Time to Die .

I thought I knew what would happen and I was right .  I ve seen them all.

As the people filed out of the theatre,  the Mgmt was asking the smallish crowd ,  did they like it ,  and not one person I saw comment was happy .

I’m too old school ….it wasn’t a fun movie.

« Reply #3216 on: October 10, 2021, 04:43:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Venom Let There Be Carnage was good ole MCU fun. The after credits scene that ties Venom into the new MCU multiverse was pretty cool and starts to bring together the overarching theme of this new MCU phase.

BTW, should the Marvel Cinematic Universe(MCU) now be called the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse(MCM)?

« Reply #3217 on: October 10, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Not a movie, but really enjoying Apple TV+'s interpretation of Issac Asimov's Foundation trilogy that is folding in Asimov's I, Robot series of books.

« Reply #3218 on: October 10, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Venom Let There Be Carnage was good ole MCU fun. The after credits scene that ties Venom into the new MCU multiverse was pretty cool and starts to bring together the overarching theme of this new MCU phase.

In an ideal world, they would have been given the flexibility to do an R-rated Carnage film, but that depresses ticket sales.  I agree with your assessment of it being fun, but I think the Cletus Kassidy character isn’t meant for fun.  He’s a sadistic serial killer with a misanthropic world view, before bonding with Carnage.

Living in fantasy land, I’d love a 12 episode streaming story arc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3219 on: October 10, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

In an ideal world, they would have been given the flexibility to do an R-rated Carnage film, but that depresses ticket sales.  I agree with your assessment of it being fun, but I think the Cletus Kassidy character isn’t meant for fun.  He’s a sadistic serial killer with a misanthropic world view, before bonding with Carnage.

Living in fantasy land, I’d love a 12 episode streaming story arc.
If the people at Netflix that did the Daredevil or Punisher TV series could have gotten Venom and done that 12 episode story arc in an adult theme, I think it would have been awesome

But Disney was never going to go R with Venom and I think they won't with Deadpool either, no matter how much Ryan Reynolds fights for it.

« Reply #3220 on: October 10, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484

Venom : Let There be Carnage  - Awful film. Producer Tom Hardy and director Andy Serkis botched this one badly. The slapstick humor mostly misses and the first half of the film feels very rushed. At no point does Serkis let a scene marinate and the actors act. It is manic like a saturday morning cartoon. Weirdly a lot of people in the theater were laughing along with the lame attempts at humor. Maybe my friend and i were the exception.

Malignant - a fast-paced, gross-out horror movie with a fair amount of action sprinkled in. It has just enough new ideas to provide a quality experience, though it is not particularly scary. It has a bit of a "Jeepers Creepers" atmosphere to it. Could become a cult classic.

Free Guy  - a predictable but entertaining action comedy that captures the feeling of video games better than anything that has come before. Takes some heavy influence from "Ready Player One," and that's not a bad thing.

Candyman - a sequel that ties in cleverly to the original film in some ways but fumbles in others. This was unsettling and beautifully shot. Unfortunately some of the social justice themes feel forced and inorganic. In particular a scene with some cartoonishly evil police undermines the film's credibility. It is essential to watch the original to fully understand this one. But, strangely, the original feels more relevant to current reality than its newest sequel.

Old - M Night Shymalan's likely last large budget film. It is hard to describe how bad this was. The dialogue is just brutally awkward and unbelievable. Like "Last Airbender" bad. We were laughing at several scenes that were supposed to be scary/intense/sad because it was all so hammy. The pacing was uneven, and the plot would have been much better suited to a 30 minute Twlight Zone episode.

The Ritual (Netflix) - solid horror film that borrows heavily from other movies but works pretty well.

The Suicide Squad - a gonzo, well-produced effort whose unpredictability and spontaneity closely mirror its comic book source material. This doesn't follow the typical comic book movie playbook, and that's a good thing.

« Reply #3221 on: October 22, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I know this doesn't belong here, but I didn't want to create a separate thread for this.

Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a woman and injured another person using a prop gun on a movie set. Just an awful story for everyone involved.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/

« Reply #3222 on: October 22, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I know this doesn't belong here, but I didn't want to create a separate thread for this.

Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a woman and injured another person using a prop gun on a movie set. Just an awful story for everyone involved.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/
I feel like the person in charge of props has a lot to answer for here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3223 on: October 22, 2021, 04:54:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Shades of Brandon Lee’s death on The Crow.

« Reply #3224 on: October 22, 2021, 05:00:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Shades of Brandon Lee’s death on The Crow.
I think that's what most people initially thought. Crazy, especially because there were two victims in the Baldwin one.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)