Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023  (Read 125286 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2023
« Reply #2655 on: June 09, 2023, 11:11:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Nuggets might be a new dynasty. Just dominant

Also Caleb Martin reverted back to being Caleb Martin. Of course…  ::)

They look like the next Warriors of 2014-2022. That typa dynasty.

C's need to take notes, and start a dynasty like that to match them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2656 on: June 09, 2023, 11:12:17 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Finally, time to watch the home team celebrate an NBA championship on Monday.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2657 on: June 09, 2023, 11:13:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Does Lillard getting traded to Miami scare you?

Yeah, that could be scary. Jimmy, Bam and Lillard would be perhaps the best trio in the league. They still wouldn't have much of a supporting cast though.

Nor is it that likely given how little trade assets they have to entice Portland into trading Lillard to them. POR would have to take a big loss on that trade versus other offers to deliver Lillard where he wants to go.

After Miami bows out I could see Riley selling the farm to get him there. Riley is 78, he knows this group overreached their ceiling.

« Reply #2658 on: June 09, 2023, 11:14:02 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
For who? Theyre expecting a package including JB for old man Lillard from us and Miami doesnt have a player like that at all unless theyre trading jimmy. Maybe a bam package but me personally I think we have more trouble with Bam than we do jimmy so if theyre losing him and others im not overly worried.

Now if we are talking one of those lakers/heat offseason pipedream trades where they get rid of all their old crap players and add a superstar somehow, thats a different story lol
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #2659 on: June 09, 2023, 11:20:50 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
I feel like we would have been hard pressed to beat the Nuggets

« Reply #2660 on: June 09, 2023, 11:30:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The more you watch Jokic the more you fall in love with his game.

« Reply #2661 on: June 09, 2023, 11:35:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I think so too. We played them well in the regular season but as the playoffs progressed it was clear that the Nuggets would totally outclass and outsmart us if we had gotten there. This Celtics team had the basketball IQ of a JR Smith.

« Reply #2662 on: June 09, 2023, 11:56:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
For who? Theyre expecting a package including JB for old man Lillard from us and Miami doesnt have a player like that at all unless theyre trading jimmy. Maybe a bam package but me personally I think we have more trouble with Bam than we do jimmy so if theyre losing him and others im not overly worried.

Now if we are talking one of those lakers/heat offseason pipedream trades where they get rid of all their old crap players and add a superstar somehow, thats a different story lol

Exactly. Who the heck are they expecting to trade for Lillard? Maybe Tyler Herro and unprotected future picks?

« Reply #2663 on: June 10, 2023, 01:34:44 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Look at K Love contributing. Imagine if crybaby Brad would've got us someone in the buyout/trade deadline that actually could have done something in the playoffs

At this point in their careers there's not a lot of difference between Love and Muscala.
There's a big difference though between Spoelstra and Mazzula.

« Reply #2664 on: June 10, 2023, 01:43:19 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Exactly. Who the heck are they expecting to trade for Lillard? Maybe Tyler Herro and unprotected future picks?

Miami will trade Herro + picks for Lillard. Not sure what teams go in to a bidding war for Lillard. And appartently Portland has said that they're willing to think along and help Lillard to get to his preferred destination.

Look at it this way. If the Celtics want to outbid Miami on that offer they basically have to deal Brown, since guys like Smart, White, Brogdon, R.Williams are all good players but they have less appeal than Herro for a rebuilding team.

« Reply #2665 on: June 10, 2023, 01:51:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Miami will trade Herro + picks for Lillard. Not sure what teams go in to a bidding war for Lillard. And appartently Portland has said that they're willing to think along and help Lillard to get to his preferred destination.

Look at it this way. If the Celtics want to outbid Miami on that offer they basically have to deal Brown, since guys like Smart, White, Brogdon, R.Williams are all good players but they have less appeal than Herro for a rebuilding team.
Brooklyn easily outbids Miami, and they’re another place Dame has said he’d like to go
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2666 on: June 10, 2023, 02:21:49 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227

I felt that we had a very good chance to beat Denver if we advanced. Miami was just a really bad match up for us. Somehow there’s that “fear factor” when Boston meets Miami. It’s not the same with any other team in the league. I remember we trashed Denver in one regular season game.

« Reply #2667 on: June 10, 2023, 02:39:29 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Can we please retire all the weird hate for jokic? He is the best player in the nba right now and is a joy to watch. Let’s not twist in weird stats like his on off stats on the second Tuesday of each month to denigrate him. He is a joy to watch and I can’t fathom not appreciating him as an nba fan.

« Reply #2668 on: June 10, 2023, 03:47:50 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jokic would have been dominant against us, like he has been all thru the playoffs..he is best player in the NBA & glad he going win a title that he deserves..tired of these so called experts saying he would never win one..so happy Denver sweep the Lakers also!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2669 on: June 10, 2023, 05:51:33 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7EqhNPQcPc

Can someone send this video to Mazzula?