Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 70026 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2022, 03:05:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Browns taking another swing at a big name WR.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m
Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send WR Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, per league sources.

Who needs Cooper when we have Agholor and Jonnu Smith... ::) it’s infuriating.

I'm honestly fine with not getting Cooper. He has a 22M cap hit the next three years, and I feel like he tends to disappear in games when they really need him. Idk, it just felt like if we did get him he'd probably be another Agholor. Makes a few plays here and there but in the bigger games, mostly a non-factor outside of maybe opening things up for others (which Agholor does, and allows Bourne + Meyers to get open) but that's not what we need clearly.

I don’t care about Cooper but getting a legit #1 makes the receiving core pretty dang good.  I like Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Henry and Smith.  Some nice guys out of the backfield too. White back.

Oh yeah for sure. I still think there are plenty of options out there. My gut feeling is they'll sign Chark. It makes sense to me. He's still pretty young (25), has been on a bad team and still did really well, and I think he'd thrive here. Also, he's got good size and is speedy which I think is becoming a theme across the NFL (guys like Tyreek Hill, Deebo, etc.)

My ideal scenario is to sign DJ Chark for somewhere around 10M/year AND maybe work out a trade to get Isabella from AZ and take a flyer on him (hell, maybe do a Harry-Isabella swap and see if a change of scenery works since Harry is from AZ and Isabella went to UMass).

Then you could roll with Chark, Agholor, Bourne, Meyers, Isabella with Wilkerson as depth.

If not Chark, I think the next two realistic targets for NE are JuJu, or Robby Anderson who they have been linked with in trade talks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2022, 03:36:28 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m
Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send WR Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, per league sources.

I'm honestly fine with not getting Cooper. He has a 22M cap hit the next three years, and I feel like he tends to disappear in games when they really need him. Idk, it just felt like if we did get him he'd probably be another Agholor. Makes a few plays here and there but in the bigger games, mostly a non-factor outside of maybe opening things up for others (which Agholor does, and allows Bourne + Meyers to get open) but that's not what we need clearly.

I don’t care about Cooper but getting a legit #1 makes the receiving core pretty dang good.  I like Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Henry and Smith.  Some nice guys out of the backfield too. White back.

Oh yeah for sure. I still think there are plenty of options out there. My gut feeling is they'll sign Chark. It makes sense to me. He's still pretty young (25), has been on a bad team and still did really well, and I think he'd thrive here. Also, he's got good size and is speedy which I think is becoming a theme across the NFL (guys like Tyreek Hill, Deebo, etc.)

My ideal scenario is to sign DJ Chark for somewhere around 10M/year AND maybe work out a trade to get Isabella from AZ and take a flyer on him (hell, maybe do a Harry-Isabella swap and see if a change of scenery works since Harry is from AZ and Isabella went to UMass).

Then you could roll with Chark, Agholor, Bourne, Meyers, Isabella with Wilkerson as depth.

If not Chark, I think the next two realistic targets for NE are JuJu, or Robby Anderson who they have been linked with in trade talks.

None of those guys are legit #1 WR’s. Pats have enough 2’s and 3’s. They need some elite talent on offense. Other teams in the conference are fielding Chase, Hill, Diggs, AJ Brown, and now Cooper with Cle. If the plan is to be 9-8 or 10-7 every year, then I guess they can just continue to add 2nd tier talent. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 03:47:23 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2022, 04:13:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m

None of those guys are legit #1 WR’s. Pats have enough 2’s and 3’s. They need some elite talent on offense. Other teams in the conference are fielding Chase, Hill, Diggs, AJ Brown, and now Cooper with Cle. If the plan is to be 9-8 or 10-7 every year, then I guess they can just continue to add 2nd tier talent.

Probably, I mean the only other guy I could see being a #1 talent is Allen Robinson. Emmanuel Sanders and Will Fuller (if healthy) could be considered #1s as well on certain teams. Besides that, all the other guys are pretty much that, #2 and #3s. Or whoever else is left that's elite I don't see the Pats ponying up.

I'm higher on Chark than most though. I do think on a good team he can become a real #1.

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2022, 07:27:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
TOM BRADY IS BACK FOR A 23RD SEASON!  ;D

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2022, 07:32:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
is there anything more Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.y then unretiring and doing so on Selection Sunday.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2022, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Man...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Darn. This city is going to go crazy and be obnoxious to live in.

Why couldn't he have just stayed retired?!?!?!

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2022, 07:35:34 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
is there anything more Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.y then unretiring and doing so on Selection Sunday.

I think he got caught up in the excitement of Michigan somehow snagging an 11-seed.  Go Blue!

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2022, 07:35:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Darn. This city is going to go crazy and be obnoxious to live in.

Why couldn't he have just stayed retired?!?!?!
I feel like his competitiveness is bordering on a personality disorder. Great for us as fans, but I do wonder what will make him genuinely retire...

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2022, 07:41:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Gisele shopping for a good divorce attorney for sure right about now....

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2022, 07:41:33 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I guess “Gisele made him retire” is no longer valid.

I’ve never felt so strongly and then so indifferently about a player. I don’t really care what he does.

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2022, 07:44:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
He could realistically get to 90,000 yards and 650+ touchdowns if he plays again like he did last season. Maybe he will go until he's 50 so he can get 100k and 700tds :P

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2022, 07:44:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Jerk. Upstaging KG on the day of his retirement ceremony.

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2022, 08:33:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
So tired of hearing bout Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady..everyone knew Brady be back
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2022, 08:43:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So tired of hearing bout Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady..everyone knew Brady be back

The wife and kids already got tired of having him around the house all the time.