Author Topic: Cs investigating trade value on Smart, Richardson, and others  (Read 11420 times)

Re: Cs investigating trade value on Smart, Richardson, and others
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 12:44:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Pressure is on Kings to do something major, per Hollinger.  Focus is primarily on Ben Simmons and secondarily on Sabonis.  I think the ask for those guys are too high, and hope the Celtics may be able to swoop in at deadline to pick up something interesting packaged around Smart etc.   

Still think Harrison Barnes would be a great pick up and fit in well as starter along Rob and the two Jays.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2022, 02:45:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pressure is on Kings to do something major, per Hollinger.  Focus is primarily on Ben Simmons and secondarily on Sabonis.  I think the ask for those guys are too high, and hope the Celtics may be able to swoop in at deadline to pick up something interesting packaged around Smart etc.   

Still think Harrison Barnes would be a great pick up and fit in well as starter along Rob and the two Jays.

Barnes would be great, but the Kings don't have a lot of reason to move him.  He's productive, he's slightly underpaid, and he's not a malcontent.

Sadly, I don't think they have much use for Smart, either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2022, 02:53:59 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

If Sacramento is willing to deal Fox then the Simmons/Fox deals makes a lot of sense for Philly but would it for Sacramento?  I'm not sure what kind of value Simmons as going to a team that has two young PG's.  Simmons would have to play SG/SF and without the ball in his hand he's just not that good. 

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2022, 08:49:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

This is interesting because the Kings were a team that a lot of folks thought might be likely to start stripping parts and looking to the draft. But if the pressure is to do something to improve now, that takes one more potential seller off the market and adds one more buyer at a time when there are already a lot of buyers and not enough sellers.

The Celtics might be smart to see what they can sell, if they want to get the best return.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jazz site says Jazz interested in Smart. Speculation is that Boston could be interested in Boggie or Mike Conley. Conley would be great fit for us. I cant post link from my phone. Just rumor stuff but makes some sense as Danny has strong link to Smart and Jazz are desperate to improve their offense.

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 12:56:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Jazz site says Jazz interested in Smart. Speculation is that Boston could be interested in Boggie or Mike Conley. Conley would be great fit for us. I cant post link from my phone. Just rumor stuff but makes some sense as Danny has strong link to Smart and Jazz are desperate to improve their offense.

Mike Conley just might be the PG we needed. Trader Danny might hook Trader Brad up

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 02:45:33 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

If Sacramento is willing to deal Fox then the Simmons/Fox deals makes a lot of sense for Philly but would it for Sacramento?  I'm not sure what kind of value Simmons as going to a team that has two young PG's.  Simmons would have to play SG/SF and without the ball in his hand he's just not that good.
Not a problem at all. Haliburton can play either on or off the ball. Simmons would be a PF/C on defense and a PG on offense, similarly to Jokic who's a C on defense and a PG on offense.

Btw, Simmons can play off the ball. Imagine him setting picks on the perimeter and rolling hard to the basket. Cannot do that in Philly cause he's sharing the floor with a dominant low-post scorer in Embiid. The way I see it, Simmons is a rich man's Bam who's forced to play out of position.

If I were the Kings, I'd be pushing hard for that deal. That said, I bet the Sixers say no after the emergence of Maxey. Him and Fox are similar players.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:05:45 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2022, 02:52:16 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

With Smart!?

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2022, 03:48:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

With Smart!?
He probably meant defence lol, it's just a typo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2022, 04:03:03 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Love Smart's game, but I believe his salary will likely become an issue going forward. I'm wondering whether there's a deal to be made with the Hawks for Hunter/Okongwu + Delon Wright. Ideally, it works with both Hunter and Okongwu instead of Wright, but I highly doubt the Hawks would be interested in that. Not to mention, we need a willing passer to run our offense (especially if we trade Smart). Delon Wright fits the bill.

Fwiw, the Hawks have been rumored to be interested in Smart.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:13:09 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2022, 04:11:09 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

With Smart!?

Basketball offense that is offensive to the eyes

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2022, 04:20:05 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

With Smart!?

A stunning typo though. Otherwise, there's some sense to a deal of Smart + draft capital for Conley or Bogie. Some Jazz fans think the same way, but others are pitching Ingles or Clarkson as the Jazz trade bait which doesn't make much sense to me. Smart's better than Ingles and a lot younger at this point and Clarkson is neither efficient as a shooter nor a decent PG.

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2022, 04:38:14 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

With Smart!?

A stunning typo though. Otherwise, there's some sense to a deal of Smart + draft capital for Conley or Bogie. Some Jazz fans think the same way, but others are pitching Ingles or Clarkson as the Jazz trade bait which doesn't make much sense to me. Smart's better than Ingles and a lot younger at this point and Clarkson is neither efficient as a shooter nor a decent PG.

With the way Brad traded Kemba, this could actually happen...

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2022, 05:57:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Mike Conley just might be the PG we needed. Trader Danny might hook Trader Brad up

Conley would be great but I don’t understand why the Jazz would move him. He’s a great fit next to Mitchell. I think they need a desperate upstage on the wing, Ingles or Bogs would be the move I think. Ingles is a fan favorite but he could be replaced.

Smart doesn’t really fit with the Jazz either as the need a shooter playing alongside Mitchell and in the lineup with Gobert.

Jerami Grant in Utah would be stellar for them.

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2022, 08:02:57 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Conley would be great but I don’t understand why the Jazz would move him. He’s a great fit next to Mitchell. I think they need a desperate upstage on the wing, Ingles or Bogs would be the move I think. Ingles is a fan favorite but he could be replaced.

Smart doesn’t really fit with the Jazz either as the need a shooter playing alongside Mitchell and in the lineup with Gobert.

Jerami Grant in Utah would be stellar for them.

Yeah, I am not sure I buy this.  A Smart for Conley trade doesn't make sense for either team in my mind.  The only reason for Utah to trade Conley would be if they are concerned about durability which would be a reasonable concern.  But why would the Celtics want a 34 year old PG with durability issues?

And "Boggie" I assume is Bogdanovich?  If upgrading defense is the goal, maybe Richardson is of interest?  Not sure I see Utah looking to trade Bogdanovich though.

So more likely, Utah is offering the likes of Clarkson or Ingles who could match up (salary) with Smart or Richardson as a way for Utah to get more defense.  I think I am good with Smart and Richardson in this case.