Author Topic: New Parquet this Season?  (Read 2721 times)

Re: New Parquet this Season?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 08:58:43 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Pros
- Finally, no white circle surrounding the logo!
- Love the fact that the baseline now writes ''Celtics'' instead of ''TD Garden''. The Celtics were literally the only team in the league promoting a sponsor's name on the baseline instead of their home city or the name of the team (or both). Glad we changed that. Not to mention, I hate the name ''TD Garden''. In my mind, it will always be the Boston Garden or just ''the Garden''.

Cons
- Don't like the smoke on the baseline. Hope the refs can't distinguish between the smoke and the baseline and we are asked to remove the smoke. :P
- Don't like the underlying shamrock in the middle of the court. I mean, we add nothing new. Lucky already got plenty of shamrocks on his clothes. Why not keep it simple? Either replace the logo with a big shamrock or just put the logo.
- I would have used the current colourful logo instead of the previous one.
- Just too much stuff going on. Smoke, numbers, underlying shamrock. I'd like it a bit simpler, but maybe that's just me.

Not too bothered that we moved Red's signature to the bottom left corner. Again, too much stuff going on. All in all, I like it more than the old parquet floor. The ''TD Garden'' on the baseline bothered me a lot.

Yeah, agree with most of this.

If they want an obvious shamrock on the court, I would redo the “75 with shamrock inside the 5” and just make it a green shamrock with white “75” inside. Simple, clean, and the shamrock would be more obvious. The center court logo does not need the extra embellishments.

The smoke and shamrock watermark seem contrived. They remind me of the University of Oregon court, or some other college court that looks like a sophomore level graphic design student won a contest.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 02:37:07 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
After the 75 celebration, Red’s signature should go back where it belongs. Can see the smoke being removed if refs complain or there’s even a single controversial call related to it. Love the title years on the court, but we need more recent years before doing this, so perhaps remove it next year and bring it back once we have a second or third title in this century? Perhaps Lucky should appear on both ends next to “Celtics” with a big green shamrock at center court instead? That would look sharp and probably resonate better with younger fans, who we obviously want to turn into Celtics fans.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Pros
- Finally, no white circle surrounding the logo!
- Love the fact that the baseline now writes ''Celtics'' instead of ''TD Garden''. The Celtics were literally the only team in the league promoting a sponsor's name on the baseline instead of their home city or the name of the team (or both). Glad we changed that. Not to mention, I hate the name ''TD Garden''. In my mind, it will always be the Boston Garden or just ''the Garden''.

Cons
- Don't like the smoke on the baseline. Hope the refs can't distinguish between the smoke and the baseline and we are asked to remove the smoke. :P
- Don't like the underlying shamrock in the middle of the court. I mean, we add nothing new. Lucky already got plenty of shamrocks on his clothes. Why not keep it simple? Either replace the logo with a big shamrock or just put the logo.
- I would have used the current colourful logo instead of the previous one.
- Just too much stuff going on. Smoke, numbers, underlying shamrock. I'd like it a bit simpler, but maybe that's just me.

Not too bothered that we moved Red's signature to the bottom left corner. Again, too much stuff going on. All in all, I like it more than the old parquet floor. The ''TD Garden'' on the baseline bothered me a lot.

Yeah, agree with most of this.

If they want an obvious shamrock on the court, I would redo the “75 with shamrock inside the 5” and just make it a green shamrock with white “75” inside. Simple, clean, and the shamrock would be more obvious. The center court logo does not need the extra embellishments.

The smoke and shamrock watermark seem contrived. They remind me of the University of Oregon court, or some other college court that looks like a sophomore level graphic design student won a contest.

Yeah that Oregon court gives me serious anxiety. I don't hate the smoke, but that smoke space is too big...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I love the idea of the smoke, but the placement doesn't make sense. Have it more toward mid-court closer to where Red would have started lighting up.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 09:26:50 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
evidently needed to replace the parquet after Kyrie's foot-wiping incident

I didn't think of that, but yeah maybe this redesign is the marketing equivalent of burning sage to purify the remnants of Kyrie.