Author Topic: Jaylen has covid  (Read 7153 times)

Re: Jaylen has covid
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

Eh.  Seatbelts don’t prevent deaths in automobile accidents, either.

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

Very small chance of death unless old or very sick vaxed or not.

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

I rarely join in on discussions like this, but I feel obligated to comment here. I love this forum and read it often. Rarely feel I have anything worth contributing though. As someone who treats covid patients regularly and who discusses vaccine hesitancy even more frequently, I feel compelled to post.

It is fair to say the efficacy of natural vs vaccine induced immunity is debatable, but certainly nothing has been proven. Stating anything has been proven either way is not accurate.

In terms of why one should get the vaccine even if they have had the infection, I often point to an NIH article available online. This was a pretty interesting and fairly readable short article from June (maybe getting a hair out of date in the post-covid rapid fire research publications) that discussed how vaccine induced immunity may help against novel variants more than natural immunity. I’m not saying it does, just that it might and that should be worth considering.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

In terms of natural immunity benefits, most arguments for natural covid immunity being superior cite a study from Israel that  has yet to be published in a peer reviewed source unless I am mistaken. The data from this study is out there, though, and does suggest lower likelihood of reinfection, but there are some questions raised about methodologies (for example only the survivors of initial infection were included in natural immunity… I also haven’t seen data on how severe the natural immunity group was affected).  It does support the efficacy of natural immunity for sure, though. I believe the data may also support the benefits of dual immunity (vaccine plus natural).

With all that said, each of the vaccines do very clearly prevent severe infections. Even with breakthrough cases, severity, hospitalizations, and death are reduced. That strikes me as a trifecta of good things.

What doesn’t get talked about enough with the risk of infection is MORBIDITY and not just mortality. 21st century healthcare is really good at keeping people alive (at least until we run out of beds or people to staff the beds). But long term effects and disability can be brutal with Covid-19 infection. And there’s just no way to know who will draw the short straw if you get infected. There’s overwhelming evidence that the vaccine reduces morbidity from covid-19 infection.

On a side note, was the whole seatbelts don’t save lives comment from earlier in this thread meant as tongue in cheek? Maybe I’m just on an accurate information crusade right now, but that one caught me way off guard and nobody else seemed to blink at that.

TP brother thanks for communicating like a mature adult. Much respect.

Quotes from Doctor Robert Malone in the video.

"I'm a scientist,  I live in a world where almost nothing is known"

From another doctor theorizing that problems could arise with Bone marrow disease and reproductive problems.

"You could have bone marrow disease you could have horrible reproductive problems"

Malone "We don't have the data. The studies weren't done well. Normally this stuff would have been cleared up, for some reason it wasn't, presumably  because everyone was in a rush because they wanted to save the world for good reason "

"To say to the public that no corners were cut isn't true, that's where I start to have a problem with it. The government owes it to the populace to be open and transparent about what's true, what's known, and what's unknown"
Dude is a hack.  Pretty apparent from his quotes and watching him for like a minute.

Hes a hack? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to slander them.  He's a creator of this tech.

He’s not really the creator; he hasn’t worked with the ethnology in 30 years; and he’s got a huge axe to grind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/
Yes and his claims are pretty much all misleading or just outright false.  He is a hack because he is a hack. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2021, 10:09:20 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

If you replace “old” with “young” in your last sentence would you still think there’s no point in taking the jab? 

Not sure I understand how people who are ill or over 60 don’t seem to matter all that much.   The % of Americans over 60 is about the same as Americans under 18.

To be fair, if forced to compare, I do value the lives of children more so than elderly -  but it does feel like your premise is basically, if it just kills old people and sick people why should the rest of us make any extra effort?

And of course the jab does provide protection from transmission, severe illness,  and death.

TP. That’s a great way to put it. People seem to forget that those who aren’t them are people too.

No. Old people with serious health implications are Always the people with the most risk. That's never going to change.

Old people die. It sucks but it's natural.  Flipping them makes no sense. Young people bounce back quickly from.most ailments.

One clarification and then I'll make a quick point in response to your post: at first you were talking about old people OR people who are very sick, and then in your response you are talking about older people WITH serious illness.. My comments were just about older people in general (60+) -- many of whom do bounce back quickly from ailments just like younger people.

I think we're in agreement that society should highly value the protection of young people, but my point was that if we can mitigate the impact of a fast-spreading deadly virus in people over 60, we should take seriously the opportunity to do so.  No doubt we would do so if it were impacting young people at high rates. The idea that "old people die" isn't convincing rationale to minimize our efforts.

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2021, 10:52:07 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

I rarely join in on discussions like this, but I feel obligated to comment here. I love this forum and read it often. Rarely feel I have anything worth contributing though. As someone who treats covid patients regularly and who discusses vaccine hesitancy even more frequently, I feel compelled to post.

It is fair to say the efficacy of natural vs vaccine induced immunity is debatable, but certainly nothing has been proven. Stating anything has been proven either way is not accurate.

In terms of why one should get the vaccine even if they have had the infection, I often point to an NIH article available online. This was a pretty interesting and fairly readable short article from June (maybe getting a hair out of date in the post-covid rapid fire research publications) that discussed how vaccine induced immunity may help against novel variants more than natural immunity. I’m not saying it does, just that it might and that should be worth considering.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

In terms of natural immunity benefits, most arguments for natural covid immunity being superior cite a study from Israel that  has yet to be published in a peer reviewed source unless I am mistaken. The data from this study is out there, though, and does suggest lower likelihood of reinfection, but there are some questions raised about methodologies (for example only the survivors of initial infection were included in natural immunity… I also haven’t seen data on how severe the natural immunity group was affected).  It does support the efficacy of natural immunity for sure, though. I believe the data may also support the benefits of dual immunity (vaccine plus natural).

With all that said, each of the vaccines do very clearly prevent severe infections. Even with breakthrough cases, severity, hospitalizations, and death are reduced. That strikes me as a trifecta of good things.

What doesn’t get talked about enough with the risk of infection is MORBIDITY and not just mortality. 21st century healthcare is really good at keeping people alive (at least until we run out of beds or people to staff the beds). But long term effects and disability can be brutal with Covid-19 infection. And there’s just no way to know who will draw the short straw if you get infected. There’s overwhelming evidence that the vaccine reduces morbidity from covid-19 infection.

On a side note, was the whole seatbelts don’t save lives comment from earlier in this thread meant as tongue in cheek? Maybe I’m just on an accurate information crusade right now, but that one caught me way off guard and nobody else seemed to blink at that.

From another doctor theorizing that problems could arise with Bone marrow disease and reproductive problems.

"You could have bone marrow disease you could have horrible reproductive problems"

Malone "We don't have the data. The studies weren't done well. Normally this stuff would have been cleared up, for some reason it wasn't, presumably  because everyone was in a rush because they wanted to save the world for good reason "

"To say to the public that no corners were cut isn't true, that's where I start to have a problem with it. The government owes it to the populace to be open and transparent about what's true, what's known, and what's unknown"
Dude is a hack.  Pretty apparent from his quotes and watching him for like a minute.

Hes a hack? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to slander them.  He's a creator of this tech.

He’s not really the creator; he hasn’t worked with the ethnology in 30 years; and he’s got a huge axe to grind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/
Yes and his claims are pretty much all misleading or just outright false.  He is a hack because he is a hack.

We should listen to alternate points of view. What bugs me is that there is a large contingent in this country that mistrusts mainstream science, politics, and media so entirely that they presume that nothing espoused by mainstream science, politics, and media is worth listening to or believing.  That is different than healthy skepticism.

And I hope Jaylen gets well soon.

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2021, 11:19:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

We should listen to alternate points of view. What bugs me is that there is a large contingent in this country that mistrusts mainstream science, politics, and media so entirely that they presume that nothing espoused by mainstream science, politics, and media is worth listening to or believing.  That is different than healthy skepticism.

And I hope Jaylen gets well soon.
That's called paranoia and it's way more common than I realized prior to the last few years.  Probably caused by childhood vaccinations ;)

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2021, 12:42:17 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

If you replace “old” with “young” in your last sentence would you still think there’s no point in taking the jab? 

Not sure I understand how people who are ill or over 60 don’t seem to matter all that much.   The % of Americans over 60 is about the same as Americans under 18.

To be fair, if forced to compare, I do value the lives of children more so than elderly -  but it does feel like your premise is basically, if it just kills old people and sick people why should the rest of us make any extra effort?

And of course the jab does provide protection from transmission, severe illness,  and death.

TP. That’s a great way to put it. People seem to forget that those who aren’t them are people too.

No. Old people with serious health implications are Always the people with the most risk. That's never going to change.

Old people die. It sucks but it's natural.  Flipping them makes no sense. Young people bounce back quickly from.most ailments.

One clarification and then I'll make a quick point in response to your post: at first you were talking about old people OR people who are very sick, and then in your response you are talking about older people WITH serious illness.. My comments were just about older people in general (60+) -- many of whom do bounce back quickly from ailments just like younger people.

I think we're in agreement that society should highly value the protection of young people, but my point was that if we can mitigate the impact of a fast-spreading deadly virus in people over 60, we should take seriously the opportunity to do so.  No doubt we would do so if it were impacting young people at high rates. The idea that "old people die" isn't convincing rationale to minimize our efforts.

Yep. We can do better than “well old people are likely to die so sucks for them”, as if we’re always going to stay young and healthy. While older and sicker people will usually be at most risk for anything, there’s a chance to collectively mitigate what that level of risk means. At least for covid.

For example, Klay Thompson might be the “worst” FT shooter among Steph-KD-Klay but it doesn’t mean theres high chances of him missing. He’s just “most at-risk” of missing a free throw. Even with vaccines, I think older and sicker people are still at most risk regardless. But maybe they go from…
- Ben Simmons (unvaccinated)
- Draymond Green (individually vaccinated)
- Klay Thompson (collectively vaccinated)

Klay Thompson can still miss free throws and Ben Simmons can still make free throws. Just like how people with vaccines can still die and unvaccinated people can still live. But I worry people like Kyrie will point to Klay’s 211 missed career free throws and say “see! So much for all that shooting practice!”

- LilRip

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2021, 02:54:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

So are you a medical doctor I would guess not given the information from your posts.   I am not either. But Malone is one

https://news.yahoo.com/single-most-qualified-mrna-expert-173600060.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

Dr. Robert Malone, who invented the mRNA technology that's now being used in the COVID-19 vaccine, told Fox's Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night that there isn't enough data about the risks for these age groups and doesn't believe they should be forced to get vaccinated.

'I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks in that cohort,' said Malone, referring to people in the 18 to 22 age bracket, 'but unfortunately the risk-benefit analysis is not being done.'

'My concern is I know there are risks but we don't have access to the data,' Malone said. 'And so, I am of the opinion that people have the right to decide whether to accept vaccines or not, especially since these are experimental vaccines.'

Malone shared his concerns the same day that an advisory group for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say there is a 'likely link' between rare cases of heart inflammation in adolescents and young adults and the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
s.

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use mRNA technology, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses the more traditional virus-based technology.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-moderna-sweden-halts-use-in-under-30s/

https://www.citizensjournal.us/breaking-sweden-denmark-both-ban-moderna-covid-vaccine-for-causing-myocarditis-in-young-people/

I think we should have healthy caution.   I have got the vaccine and had covid once.   My wife just tested positive and she is the same but I have zero symptoms and she has a real mild case we are quarantining/working from home .   

I believe in the science but I hardly think that science is a settled matter and still up for debate.  I mean Anthony Fauci has went from no human transmission in early 2019, flip flopped on numerous times on mask efficacy, and people still listen to him. 

So just to reiterate:

“Masks don’t work.”
    “Masks DO work.
    “Masks don’t work unless you get an N95 mask.
    “You don’t need an N95 mask – just a cloth mask.
    “One mask is okay, but two masks are better to prevent ‘leakage.'”
    “Kids don’t need to wear masks.
    “Kids should wear masks.
    “Did I remember to unplug the toaster?
    “Vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask.
    “Vaccinated people should definitely wear a mask.

Now Fauci knows more than I do but so does Malone.  My point is the science is very much in flux on this stuff.

Malone  was right about the cardio connection, not a nutjob or hack there.   I also don't think someone is automatically wrong because the mainstream media deems it that way or they appear on a left or right wing show.

This should be something each individual decides, with their doctor.     

I use Duck duck go as my search engine and it does not send real biased search results.

I was trying to recall previously did Jaylen have it last year?   Does anyone recall?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 03:12:48 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2021, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I use Duck duck go as my search engine and it does not send real biased search results.

As someone who spends a lot of time with search engines, I’m curious as to why you think Duck Duck Go has bearing on bias?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2021, 03:15:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I read this article

Billed as the search engine that doesn’t track you, DuckDuckGo processes around 1.5 billion searches every month. Google, for contrast, processes around 3.5 billion searches per day. It’s hardly a fair fight, but DuckDuckGo is growing. In 2012 it averaged just 45 million searches per month. While Google still operates in a different universe, the actual difference in the results you see when you search isn’t so far apart. In fact, in many respects, DuckDuckGo is better. Its search results aren’t littered with Google products and services—boxes and carousels to try to persuade people to spend more time in Google’s family of apps.

Then there’s privacy. Search for something on DuckDuckGo and, for the most part, you just get a list of links or a simple snippet with exactly the information you were looking for. And it does all this without storing or tracking your search history. Nor is what you search for collected and shared with advertisers, allowing them to micro-target you with a myriad of things you're never likely to buy. The ads you do see in DuckDuckGo, which the company says bring in more than enough money to operate, are more general. My search for bank holidays in the UK returned an advert for a package holiday company.

https://www.wired.com/story/i-ditched-google-for-duckduckgo-heres-why-you-should-too/

It's not perfect but I challenge you to look up stuff on one and then the other and come to your own conclusion.   It became clear that google seems more pay to play so to speak.  I got wildly different results when I did.   Check it out.   You may like it you may not.

Even searching on the Covid stuff is different to keep this relevant.  The Maps stink on Duck Duck go though.  The worst in my experience is bing by a long shot

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2021, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Sorry, I should clarify: a large part of my job is understanding search engines. I’m well aware of how the various search engines work :)

I would not say that Google versus DDG regarding Covid tells us anything about bias.  You get different results because the search algos are different: one is not more or less biased in the way that you would think that, say, a human being is biased.

With Google in particular, the under the hood stuff is way too complicated to make that claim with any accuracy.

The big plus for DDG is the privacy issue, rather than the lack of rich results [carousels, et al]  that keep the user on the result page, (which is the first half of the Wired quote).
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2021, 04:36:18 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I’ll use duck duck go if I want to avoid the promoted results and find something more accurate to my search. For instance if I’m looking for anything counterintuitive, like less standard arborist or gardening techniques. Google seems to point me to standard sources/discussion. If I’m trying to find innovative improvements queued by my search words, I’ll find better sources with duck duck go. Really anything non-typical is better with duck duck go.

I’ll use google when I want info about local businesses and location stuff or just quick answers to simple questions. They serve two different purposes for me.