Author Topic: Jaylen has covid  (Read 7156 times)

Re: Jaylen has covid
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2021, 10:38:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I can explain the principal of why you get vaccination and I hope this gives people who have questions some answers. Too often I see people not fully explaining the why you get vaccinated.

1. Vaccination is a safer way of boosting your immune system to fight Covid. Without it you are very likely going to have a higher degree of difficulty dealing with Covid. How it's safer is it introduces a non-harmful message into the body that Covid is a virus and it should be killed if the body sees it. Natural immunity has to learn from the harmful virus on its own and sometimes the body learns too late on how to fight. This can lead to bad infection, trauma and/or death.

2. Vaccination helps fight the spread because the body is trained to fight Covid right away. When your body isn't trained there is more infection before identification thus more reproduction / spread. Think of it as a spill on the floor. If you see the spill right away you can contain it. If its something that spilled over night its gone everywhere. This has been measured in people's bodies and respiratory systems. The longer the virus has to spread the bigger the volume of active virus that there will be released when breathing, coughing, sneezing, talking, etc.

3. Since being vaccinated means having less reproduction and spread you decrease mutation that causes new strains. You have to think of the virus as being a copy of a copy of a copy. After so many copies it's not a copy of the original. It's become distorted and different, that's what a new strain is. So blocking any reproduction and spread sooner is best if we want to stop new strains.

4. A example of why more people should be vaccinated is  flu vaccination vs other vaccines like polio if not enough people get the shot there will be more strains and it won't go away. Question is how many people need to be vaccinated to achieve full suppression.

Now there are legit reasons and concerns for not getting vaccination but I'd say most the stuff I hear is absolutely garbage and nonsense. If you have a legit reason or concern and you have talked with someone very knowledgeable who understands vaccination science, including both pros and cons of it (not just one side) than I feel you deserve to hold onto your beliefs of waiting for natural immunity. But just know what I posted is 100% true and by getting vaccinated you can help people and yourself.

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 isolated that's in this jab correct?
I understand your concern but I specifically stated it sends a nonharmful message because what you wrote is 1/2 true. Please dont take offense about me calling your statement half true either. It's a legit concern people have because some of the vaccines are MRN based. But not all the vaccines are. JJ and a few overseas vaccines are indeed viral vectors.

If you want to or have to get vaccinated and MRN tech bothers you, you could consider a viral vector vaccine type.

Tp cs fan. Good information.

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2021, 10:41:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I can explain the principal of why you get vaccination and I hope this gives people who have questions some answers. Too often I see people not fully explaining the why you get vaccinated.

1. Vaccination is a safer way of boosting your immune system to fight Covid. Without it you are very likely going to have a higher degree of difficulty dealing with Covid. How it's safer is it introduces a non-harmful message into the body that Covid is a virus and it should be killed if the body sees it. Natural immunity has to learn from the harmful virus on its own and sometimes the body learns too late on how to fight. This can lead to bad infection, trauma and/or death.

2. Vaccination helps fight the spread because the body is trained to fight Covid right away. When your body isn't trained there is more infection before identification thus more reproduction / spread. Think of it as a spill on the floor. If you see the spill right away you can contain it. If its something that spilled over night its gone everywhere. This has been measured in people's bodies and respiratory systems. The longer the virus has to spread the bigger the volume of active virus that there will be released when breathing, coughing, sneezing, talking, etc.

3. Since being vaccinated means having less reproduction and spread you decrease mutation that causes new strains. You have to think of the virus as being a copy of a copy of a copy. After so many copies it's not a copy of the original. It's become distorted and different, that's what a new strain is. So blocking any reproduction and spread sooner is best if we want to stop new strains.

4. A example of why more people should be vaccinated is  flu vaccination vs other vaccines like polio if not enough people get the shot there will be more strains and it won't go away. Question is how many people need to be vaccinated to achieve full suppression.

Now there are legit reasons and concerns for not getting vaccination but I'd say most the stuff I hear is absolutely garbage and nonsense. If you have a legit reason or concern and you have talked with someone very knowledgeable who understands vaccination science, including both pros and cons of it (not just one side) than I feel you deserve to hold onto your beliefs of waiting for natural immunity. But just know what I posted is 100% true and by getting vaccinated you can help people and yourself.

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 in this jab, it works Nothing like a normal Vax and there are No Long term studies on humans.

If you care to look at this information from Dr Robert Malone on of the creators of MRNA technology  have a listen.  Brilliant man. He's quoted as saying this should not be given to humans.

https://youtu.be/9E2UkhCWosg

"This is not a traditional Vax."

-Sure, but a meaningless distinction.

"It's Experimental Gene Therapy."

-No, not close. You have to literally have no idea what gene therapy is to think this is true. But even if it was, who cares? Gene therapies are going to redefine what's possible in the coming century.

"You do realize there is no Covid 19 in this jab, it works Nothing like a normal Vax"

-Again, no. It works very similar to a normal vax. A normal vax uses protein fragments to elicit an immune response.  These use mRNA fragments which your body uses as a blue print to make COVID proteins and illicit an immune response.

"and there are No Long term studies on humans."

-We have been doing this for 9 months with millions of doses given and literally no serious side effects between a few weeks observed so far. Historical monitoring of vaccines indicates side effects after 6 weeks are pretty rare. So while technically true, also misleading.

"If you care to look at this information from Dr Robert Malone on of the creators of MRNA technology  have a listen.  Brilliant man. He's quoted as saying this should not be given to humans."

-He has as much credibility on the issue as Kyrie Irving has on the shape of the earth. Its pretty telling that literally every anti-vaxxer has to resort to quoting the same guy.

Go to 27 minutes into the Robert Malone video. He starts to talk about his questions and criticism of this technology. 

We have been giving this for 9 months lol. Vax research is 7 to 10 years normally.  Hardly constitutes as long term.

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 10:44:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

Eh.  Seatbelts don’t prevent deaths in automobile accidents, either.

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

Very small chance of death unless old or very sick vaxed or not.

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

I rarely join in on discussions like this, but I feel obligated to comment here. I love this forum and read it often. Rarely feel I have anything worth contributing though. As someone who treats covid patients regularly and who discusses vaccine hesitancy even more frequently, I feel compelled to post.

It is fair to say the efficacy of natural vs vaccine induced immunity is debatable, but certainly nothing has been proven. Stating anything has been proven either way is not accurate.

In terms of why one should get the vaccine even if they have had the infection, I often point to an NIH article available online. This was a pretty interesting and fairly readable short article from June (maybe getting a hair out of date in the post-covid rapid fire research publications) that discussed how vaccine induced immunity may help against novel variants more than natural immunity. I’m not saying it does, just that it might and that should be worth considering.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

In terms of natural immunity benefits, most arguments for natural covid immunity being superior cite a study from Israel that  has yet to be published in a peer reviewed source unless I am mistaken. The data from this study is out there, though, and does suggest lower likelihood of reinfection, but there are some questions raised about methodologies (for example only the survivors of initial infection were included in natural immunity… I also haven’t seen data on how severe the natural immunity group was affected).  It does support the efficacy of natural immunity for sure, though. I believe the data may also support the benefits of dual immunity (vaccine plus natural).

With all that said, each of the vaccines do very clearly prevent severe infections. Even with breakthrough cases, severity, hospitalizations, and death are reduced. That strikes me as a trifecta of good things.

What doesn’t get talked about enough with the risk of infection is MORBIDITY and not just mortality. 21st century healthcare is really good at keeping people alive (at least until we run out of beds or people to staff the beds). But long term effects and disability can be brutal with Covid-19 infection. And there’s just no way to know who will draw the short straw if you get infected. There’s overwhelming evidence that the vaccine reduces morbidity from covid-19 infection.

On a side note, was the whole seatbelts don’t save lives comment from earlier in this thread meant as tongue in cheek? Maybe I’m just on an accurate information crusade right now, but that one caught me way off guard and nobody else seemed to blink at that.

TP brother thanks for communicating like a mature adult. Much respect.

Quotes from Doctor Robert Malone in the video.

"I'm a scientist,  I live in a world where almost nothing is known"

From another doctor theorizing that problems could arise with Bone marrow disease and reproductive problems.

"You could have bone marrow disease you could have horrible reproductive problems"

Malone "We don't have the data. The studies weren't done well. Normally this stuff would have been cleared up, for some reason it wasn't, presumably  because everyone was in a rush because they wanted to save the world for good reason "

"To say to the public that no corners were cut isn't true, that's where I start to have a problem with it. The government owes it to the populace to be open and transparent about what's true, what's known, and what's unknown"

« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 11:38:29 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

I rarely join in on discussions like this, but I feel obligated to comment here. I love this forum and read it often. Rarely feel I have anything worth contributing though. As someone who treats covid patients regularly and who discusses vaccine hesitancy even more frequently, I feel compelled to post.

It is fair to say the efficacy of natural vs vaccine induced immunity is debatable, but certainly nothing has been proven. Stating anything has been proven either way is not accurate.

In terms of why one should get the vaccine even if they have had the infection, I often point to an NIH article available online. This was a pretty interesting and fairly readable short article from June (maybe getting a hair out of date in the post-covid rapid fire research publications) that discussed how vaccine induced immunity may help against novel variants more than natural immunity. I’m not saying it does, just that it might and that should be worth considering.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

In terms of natural immunity benefits, most arguments for natural covid immunity being superior cite a study from Israel that  has yet to be published in a peer reviewed source unless I am mistaken. The data from this study is out there, though, and does suggest lower likelihood of reinfection, but there are some questions raised about methodologies (for example only the survivors of initial infection were included in natural immunity… I also haven’t seen data on how severe the natural immunity group was affected).  It does support the efficacy of natural immunity for sure, though. I believe the data may also support the benefits of dual immunity (vaccine plus natural).

With all that said, each of the vaccines do very clearly prevent severe infections. Even with breakthrough cases, severity, hospitalizations, and death are reduced. That strikes me as a trifecta of good things.

What doesn’t get talked about enough with the risk of infection is MORBIDITY and not just mortality. 21st century healthcare is really good at keeping people alive (at least until we run out of beds or people to staff the beds). But long term effects and disability can be brutal with Covid-19 infection. And there’s just no way to know who will draw the short straw if you get infected. There’s overwhelming evidence that the vaccine reduces morbidity from covid-19 infection.

On a side note, was the whole seatbelts don’t save lives comment from earlier in this thread meant as tongue in cheek? Maybe I’m just on an accurate information crusade right now, but that one caught me way off guard and nobody else seemed to blink at that.

From another doctor theorizing that problems could arise with Bone marrow disease and reproductive problems.

"You could have bone marrow disease you could have horrible reproductive problems"

Malone "We don't have the data. The studies weren't done well. Normally this stuff would have been cleared up, for some reason it wasn't, presumably  because everyone was in a rush because they wanted to save the world for good reason "

"To say to the public that no corners were cut isn't true, that's where I start to have a problem with it. The government owes it to the populace to be open and transparent about what's true, what's known, and what's unknown"
Dude is a hack.  Pretty apparent from his quotes and watching him for like a minute.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2021, 12:35:21 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
 Cancel all medecine frankly.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2021, 12:36:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Dude is a hack.  Pretty apparent from his quotes and watching him for like a minute.

Hes a hack? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to slander them.  He's a creator of this tech.

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2021, 12:48:50 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

The point is that it greatly reduces hospitalizations and deaths, by over 95%.

No, that has absolutely not been proven whatsoever.

Because we're all focused on how vaccination affects us individually, we often tend to forget that public vaccination campaigns are for public health reasons - to reduce the load on the public health system. We live in a society, with finite resources. Looking at what's happening in Alaska and Idaho right now and other places with lower vaccination rates, you have more incidences of serious illness and hospitalization, which puts a load on the hospital system, which in turn impacts people with non-covid related illnesses. The goal of Covid vaccines isn't to prevent infection, because it can't do that. It's to prevent hospitalization and more severe illness, which can result in more transmission, and reduce the load on the public health system.

I really think it comes down to the fact that people in our country in particular, don't like being forced to do things by the government. Especially putting something in their body. Totally understandable as our government, whether Democrat or Republican, hasn't really proved worthy of our trust over the past few decades at the very least. Bill lied to us, George brought us into a war, Barack polarized us just because of the color of his skin, then Donald polarized and divided us further, and now people think Biden is doing the same. It's unfortunate because sometimes the government does recommend/make us do things that are good for us. It's interesting to look at a country like Australia, and @gouki88 and @Kiorrik can probably chime in further, how the fact they trust their government more, they were able to endure a 250+ day lockdown, then their vaccination rate for single dose is over 80% now (90% in their highest populated state New South Wales where Sydney is located) and their dual dose is close to 61% nationally and 73% in New South Wales. They started like 4 months after us here in the US and are now ahead of us.

The only true test of this will be time. 10 years from now we will look back and look at the average hospitalization rates, death rates, illnesses and other things from Covid as well as any side effects from the Covid vaccine both in the US and in Australia, as well as places in the developing world in Asia and Africa for those who won't be vaccinated at all because those countries can't afford vaccines and as a result have to rely on natural immunity and work out which approach was best.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 02:51:21 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2021, 12:53:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Hes a hack? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to slander them.  He's a creator of this tech.

He’s not really the creator; he hasn’t worked with the technology in 30 years; and he’s got a huge axe to grind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:23:34 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2021, 01:04:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Bradley Beal and Jonathan Issac sound more intelligent than the media interviewing them.
Not even 10 replies in before this thread gets derailed with non-scientific garbage. Vaccines clearly do mitigate the risk of transmission - the most vaccinated countries (that have had to deal with large outbreaks), like the UAE, Portugal, Chile, Spain and Uruguay, are doing really well in terms of transmissions because of how highly vaccinated they are, and their experiences of managing huge outbreaks. Singapore is the odd one out, but it never had to deal with a significant outbreak and is struggling to adjust. The Delta variant is an obvious wrinkle in that too.

It's also, simply, a stupid suggestion to try and say that natural immunity is "much better" or "much longer lasting" - the differences there are negligible compared to the different threats of fatality posed by the vaccines compared to actually contracting the virus. You're just peddling the thoughts of Robert Malone, who has time and again been caught out spreading misinformation on COVID throughout the whole pandemic (making claims about spike protein toxicity, promoting ivermectin, claiming that the vaccines could make infections worse, and more).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2021, 01:25:19 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Bradley Beal and Jonathan Issac sound more intelligent than the media interviewing them.
Not even 10 replies in before this thread gets derailed with non-scientific garbage. Vaccines clearly do mitigate the risk of transmission - the most vaccinated countries (that have had to deal with large outbreaks), like the UAE, Portugal, Chile, Spain and Uruguay, are doing really well in terms of transmissions because of how highly vaccinated they are, and their experiences of managing huge outbreaks. Singapore is the odd one out, but it never had to deal with a significant outbreak and is struggling to adjust. The Delta variant is an obvious wrinkle in that too.

It's also, simply, a stupid suggestion to try and say that natural immunity is "much better" or "much longer lasting" - the differences there are negligible compared to the different threats of fatality posed by the vaccines compared to actually contracting the virus. You're just peddling the thoughts of Robert Malone, who has time and again been caught out spreading misinformation on COVID throughout the whole pandemic (making claims about spike protein toxicity, promoting ivermectin, claiming that the vaccines could make infections worse, and more).

Youd think the guy who has been absolutely rebutted multiple times have the shame to shut up but apparently not.

Anyway as an additional, the vax among other benefits, also prevents you from getting the severe case of covid and moderate to an extent. Some of my friends in the healthcare industry contracted covid but thankfully as they were vaccinated, only got mild symptoms. Thankfully governments and heads of orgs and whatnot are clamping down on stupidity and enforcing strict rules so these clowns dont make things worse.

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 01:35:08 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Regular season hasn't even tipped off and we're already having it be derailed by COVID again

Yup. I can't allow my internal hype train to even get started with this group, because they're bound to get lots of covid and (as usual) lots of injuries. I hope we're all ready for yet another season of "As the Rotation Turns."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2021, 02:49:31 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Pretty sure that was meant to be tongue in cheek  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2021, 02:55:23 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
wow, what a out of control snow ball this thread has become. 

How about we just wish Jaylen a speedy recovery?  Hopefully he won't have any major issues, and can get back on the court soon.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:39:48 PM by blink »

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2021, 04:04:28 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Pretty sure that was meant to be tongue in cheek  :police:

Yeah, the poster meant that, like covid, just because seatbelts don’t eliminate the possibility of tragic outcomes doesn’t mean they aren’t effective.

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2021, 06:04:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The principal of why you get vaccination .

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 isolated that's in this jab correct?
I understand your concern but I specifically stated it sends a nonharmful message because what you wrote is 1/2 true. Please dont take offense about me calling your statement half true either. It's a legit concern people have because some of the vaccines are MRN based. But not all the vaccines are. JJ and a few overseas vaccines are indeed viral vectors.

If you want to or have to get vaccinated and MRN tech bothers you, you could consider a viral vector vaccine type.

Tp cs fan. Good information.
I'll send you a tp back for bringing up your concern. The more people learn about the principals I wrote along with understand their options in fighting Covid the better. We need to not ignore concerns because there is a lot of mistrust.