Author Topic: How often do you watch non-Celtics games?  (Read 6109 times)

Re: How often do you watch non-Celtics games?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 11:50:22 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
I had Wizards/Bullets season tickets for 25 years until Covid hit.  I also have the NBA league pass and watch every Celtics game.  I'll watch a good game once in awhile without the Cs playing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:04:32 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 01:06:54 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Honestly fewer and fewer every year. I really just hate the NBA as a sports league. The product they put out is just so laughable compared to the other sports leagues. Horrible refs, terrible parity, pampered stars, ect.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 01:27:08 AM »

Offline mig3zwo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Beeing a teenage Basketball fan in Germany in the early 90's, I wasn't able to watch NBA games. Only the finals were broadcasted every year. So we had the impression, the NBA consisted of a Bulls Team, and some minor supporting teams. I even missed Dirk joining the Mavs in '98, due to poor coverage.
Of course I became a fair weather Mavs fan... and later occasionally watched Celts games during the "new" big three era. When Theis joined the team, I had a small proudgasm.  ;D
a limbo dancer walks into a bar

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 03:09:17 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Beeing a teenage Basketball fan in Germany in the early 90's, I wasn't able to watch NBA games. Only the finals were broadcasted every year. So we had the impression, the NBA consisted of a Bulls Team, and some minor supporting teams. I even missed Dirk joining the Mavs in '98, due to poor coverage.
Of course I became a fair weather Mavs fan... and later occasionally watched Celts games during the "new" big three era. When Theis joined the team, I had a small proudgasm.  ;D

He's played very well here and is a bargain too. Did you know of him before he was in Boston?

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 03:22:31 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I watch every Celtics game (with very few exceptions) and will watch a random 10:00pm game about once a week when I want to stay up late and nurse a couple cold ones.

I also listen to NBA podcasts in the background of work a couple times a week and will tune into national games when they pique my interest.

All that being said, I never toss out trade ideas because in the ~15 years I’ve been lurking or posting on these forums I’ve recognized how very rare it is for a trade idea to actually come to fruition. I know it’s a fun part of fandom for many people, just not for me.

Some very creative people post here.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 03:27:21 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Here in central Florida we get the Magic as our local team telecast. I watch one or two of their games a week, plus a national game that isn't a Celtic game, every week or two.

I do follow the league results, the standings and stats almost every day. I follow most of the bigger NBA reporters and some teams on Twitter. And I check into Hoopshype rumors on the regular.

I am not sure if that means I am well versed enough to talk intelligently on every player and team, but I think it does mean I am trying to.

I used to watch a ton of NCAA ball so as to stay on top of draft stuff, but over the last couple seasons have stopped doing that.

Speaking of ORL, my gut tells me they're going to bring the same squad back intact next season to see what they can do when healthy. What's your take on their intentions or are they unreadable?

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 04:01:17 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Honestly fewer and fewer every year. I really just hate the NBA as a sports league. The product they put out is just so laughable compared to the other sports leagues. Horrible refs, terrible parity, pampered stars, ect.

Same. I love the Celtics but hate the league. We don't have any anointed stars from the media and sponsors, so we are basically trash in the eyes of the officials and league office. So I make a point not to watch nationally televised games. ESPN in particular does not deserve my eyeballs. At this point their website is closer to a LeBron fansite than a news source.

I follow all the major sports, and this is the only one I feel that way about. It's too bad.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 06:55:55 AM »

Offline mig3zwo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

He's played very well here and is a bargain too. Did you know of him before he was in Boston?

I did... but I honestly never saw him as an NBA player. :D
I'm glad he proved me wrong.
a limbo dancer walks into a bar

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 07:33:41 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I followed other teams on the League Pass package for the past few seasons but decided to only subscribe to Celtic games this season. I’m in NY so will watch the Nets and on occasion the Knicks games. Never miss a Celtic game. It’s been a trying season.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I watch so much basketball I've become an unofficial video scout for the Celtics. They haven't needed my notes yet but I got to stay ready for when coach calls on me.

If I didn't have that one friend I made on the internet back in 2004 I'd be convinced I was autistic.
ok fine

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In theory I'd like to watch all sorts of games involving teams like the Nuggets, Jazz, Mavericks, etc.

In practice I can hardly find time to watch the Celtics on League Pass a day or two later.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
None unless it’s the playoffs. The lack of defense in the regular season makes games boring.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I watch every C’s game but will watch other NBA action if it’s a rival of the C’s just to see what the team is going up against.

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 07:16:22 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
I used to watch a game every night, but the pandemic has cut into that ability substantially, so this season it’s pretty much C’s only.