Author Topic: Lionel Messi wants out of Barcelona  (Read 9506 times)

Re: Lionel Messi wants out of Barcelona
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 06:05:51 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Messi apparently didn't like at a all the communication of the board: they promised Neymar, when they knew it was just bluf... And had allready took Griezman.

Whatever I think if Messi goes to the clash it is because he knows (and hi advocate of course),he has an open gate... I guess he will go to Man City (or join his friend Neymar in PSG ? depends also on finacial fair play). It's true that the adaptation of an old Messi to the physical football in england is questionable.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Question to you, Who.

How do you think Inter can get Lionel Messi? Surely the first thing that comes to mind is a money + swapping Lautaro Martinez deal, right?

I hadn't thought at all about the transfer funds needed to sign Messi. Just his wages. Like with Ozil at Arsenal. Their wages are so high that only a few teams can afford them and if those teams are not that interested that leaves little (Messi?) to no (Ozil?) market for them.

Lautaro Martinez is a great option in a swap for Messi. I hadn't thought about that. Barca very interested in Martinez. Feels to me too many are rushing to anoint Martinez before he has fully proven himself. I couldn't understand the money people were talking about in transfer rumours for Martinez. Barca may come to regret that down the road.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wonder how interested Guardiola would be in coaching Messi again. Pep loves Messi but he also knows that he can't coach Messi the way he did 10 years ago. He has said this publicly. He would have to sacrifice a lot of what he has built in City to accommodate Messi. A structure that Pep built to last well beyond his reign. A structure for the club to follow in the years to come.

To tear that apart? Yeesh, I don't think City will be in a rush to do that.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I wonder how interested Guardiola would be in coaching Messi again. Pep loves Messi but he also knows that he can't coach Messi the way he did 10 years ago. He has said this publicly. He would have to sacrifice a lot of what he has built in City to accommodate Messi. A structure that Pep built to last well beyond his reign. A structure for the club to follow in the years to come.

I really wonder how Messi would fare with City, with the Premier League squads now being asked to press the ball high. Does Messi have it in him to do that? Will he want to?

Which is why I think you're right. Serie A might be the right move for him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 11:51:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I really wonder how Messi would fare with City, with the Premier League squads now being asked to press the ball high. Does Messi have it in him to do that? Will he want to?

Which is why I think you're right. Serie A might be the right move for him.
Doesn't Barca press as well? I think Messi will be fine if he's only asked to press, his likely issue would be tracking back (do attackers in Guardiola's system even track back lol) if he doesn't have the legs in him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Question to you, Who.

How do you think Inter can get Lionel Messi? Surely the first thing that comes to mind is a money + swapping Lautaro Martinez deal, right?

I hadn't thought at all about the transfer funds needed to sign Messi. Just his wages. Like with Ozil at Arsenal. Their wages are so high that only a few teams can afford them and if those teams are not that interested that leaves little (Messi?) to no (Ozil?) market for them.

Lautaro Martinez is a great option in a swap for Messi. I hadn't thought about that. Barca very interested in Martinez. Feels to me too many are rushing to anoint Martinez before he has fully proven himself. I couldn't understand the money people were talking about in transfer rumours for Martinez. Barca may come to regret that down the road.
To be fair Barca don't have a ton of leverage in this deal, Messi's contract expires next season so they'll have to sell him in a cut-price deal if Messi is serious about wanting to leave this summer.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 09:18:31 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D