Author Topic: Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson had terrible a Summer League  (Read 5866 times)

Re: Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson had terrible a Summer League
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Eddie20 what happened?
If I remember correctly weren't you really high on Zinger?

I liked him but remember for months before the draft I LITERALLY ended all my posts with "Must draft Myles Turner" lol. People/scouts were so hung up on Turner's funky running and thought he was the best value pick...enough so that I was rooting for us not to make the playoffs. Funny people don't ever mention Turner's funky running anymore and he is looked at as a very good athlete. IMO the data was all there.

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
@triboy16f I ve been waiting for this post :)

I won't throw anyone under the bus cause God knows how many times i got something wrong but the where a lot of strong pro Bender voices based on thin air .... short utube clips and a less than basic knowledge of european basketball

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
ha. i was a bender-holic. i thought he would be a great sf with outside shooting, great size, rebounds, you name it.

it is still early, but it is about to be getting late. if bender is going to make me not look stupid with my prediction, he better get his butt in gear really really soon.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:47:38 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 03:31:01 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I won't throw anyone under the bus cause God knows how many times i got something wrong but the where a lot of strong pro Bender voices based on thin air .... short utube clips and a less than basic knowledge of european basketball

The Celtics fan base has a strong affinity for Euros. Always have. Every obscure Euro from every tiny country in the former Combloc is a superstar in the eyes of Celtic fans.

I can tell you the Suns fanbase is done with him. Even the radio hosts are like whatever when they were discussing this article this morning lol.

IF he is successful, it won't be in Phoenix..

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

The Celtics fan base has a strong affinity for Euros. Always have. Every obscure Euro from every tiny country in the former Combloc is a superstar in the eyes of Celtic fans.

I can tell you the Suns fanbase is done with him. Even the radio hosts are like whatever when they were discussing this article this morning lol.

My only objection here is that especially in Bender's case the "in the eyes of celtic fans"  is a figure of speech cause nobody had seen him play. The last two seasons before the draft he rarely played for maccabi (a very bad maccabi team) and he skipped all jr fiba tournaments.

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

My only objection here is that especially in Bender's case the "in the eyes of celtic fans"  is a figure of speech cause nobody had seen him play. The last two seasons before the draft he rarely played for maccabi (a very bad maccabi team) and he skipped all jr fiba tournaments.

Which makes anyone having affinity for him as a prospect even worse. They probably were high on him SIMPLY because he was a Euro.

I bet this board will call for Samanic with our pick

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2018, 03:59:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Eddie20 what happened?

I'm really confused. I'm not the one that made nonsensical post after nonsensical post about Bender, as you did with Mickey. In fact, I don't think I even made a thread about him. I was intrigued by his potential, which I still think he has, just like I'm intrigued by plenty of young players. But if the question is "what happened", then I was say that's probably more appropriate to ask you of Mickey since he's not an NBA roster and poor guy seems desperate...

Jordan Mickey
‏Verified account
@Jmickey_02
 15h15 hours ago
Just need my opportunity

Jordan Mickey
‏Verified account
@Jmickey_02
 Jul 11
Just waiting for my chance

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We all get guys wrong sometimes, I just think people ignored the obvious on this one is all.

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2018, 07:07:40 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I just never thought that we, as fans, had nearly enough information on the guy in order to form any kind of educated/informed decision/opinion on him, and the insistence that Bender had "tremendous skill" and "a high basketball iq" just always seemed to have been cut from the same stereotypical assessment that has accompanied seemingly every single European prospect since the beginning of time, imo ::), but whatever.

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Eddie20 what happened?

It's baffling to me that you should judge anyone for their draft binkies.  ;D  :P :P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2018, 07:47:29 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Zero FT attempts in 110 minutes? That's an astounding feat.

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Man this forum better continue somewhere. Where else can we insult each other about our draft pick binkies? LOL.

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Eddie20 what happened?

Great observation.  I think it's time fast Eddie pony up and pay the piper here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Amazing how much more interest Bender creates vis a vis Jackson.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Man this forum better continue somewhere. Where else can we insult each other about our draft pick binkies? LOL.

I told Eddie20 that this guy is going to be a bust.  But he kept rambling on how he was ahead of his time at age 16.  He outplayed an older Domantas Sabonis in a junior tourney etc.   I mean who banks on these kind of things?

He is a soft as they come PF.  Softer than Olynyk, who at least tries.

I might of been wrong about Mickey (just didn't pan out, but it wasn't for lack of effort).  But how eddie20 banks on a softie like Bender or a dude that drops the ball in their 1st year of college ball (Cliff Alexandre) is beyond me.  Well Cliff Alexandre was a top rated hs prospect was his reasoning.