Author Topic: Brad ,Danny and Hayward  (Read 2064 times)

Re: Brad ,Danny and Hayward
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 02:44:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward wasnt ready to start the season and the players saw it but Stevens started him anyway. That is what caused all of this. Stevens maybe should've eased him into the lineup and slowly increased his minutes. So here we are. The playoffs are a different season. If he's still struggling by the playoffs I believe he will be out the rotation...it will be go time for everyone else.

Help me understand what caused all of this.

So Hayward returns as less than 100%, clearly. Max player, All-Star, gruesome injury, we all know his deal. So who was upset? Brown, the guy still starting? Tatum, the guy who started last season alongside him as well as this one (and every game of his career in between)?

Maybe it was Baynes, the one guy who actually lost his starting spot? He seems like a problem in the locker room, it must be him!

Then again, maybe it was Morris. He was so mad a still-recovering-GH was starting over him that he did nothing but start the season playing the best ball of his career. Then he was inserted into the starting lineup and has since regressed a bit.

And then there is Terry Rozier III. I do believe he thinks he should be starting this weekend on Team LeBron (1st pick!), but was he really expecting to start over GH? Where, at the 2 and Brown at SF?

Im not even gonna mention Smart because he doesn’t care when he plays, he’s giving his all whenever #36 gets called.

So in all honesty, only Rozier could logically be the problem and I don’t feel like giving him credit for all this. Even though Hayward started, he was on a minutes restriction and those guys were still getting adequate minutes themselves.

I think there is a lot more to this than just “Hayward got too much playing time and I’m salty about it.” I think Kyrie and Morris definitely have a part in the “vets vs. youth” picture we are having painted for us.
Summed it up as well as I ever could.

The whole "guys are resentful" thing seems like utter bull-dust. The only thing they should be resentful about is their own play being below expectations.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Brad ,Danny and Hayward
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 03:17:04 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
The player who I would say would be most upset by minutes would be Rozier (also possibly Morris), as they are in a contract year. Rozier comes off a good playoff run and has sights set on a big payday, only to get buried behind Kyrie and probably 4 other guys who should be getting more touches than him.

Add to that the fact that if Kyrie stays (which he announced early on), then he won't want to stay in Boston as a backup. I'll add Brown in the mix too as he will wanting a big year next year, but with Morris and Kyrie/Rozier leaving that will give him back his minutes and shots that were lost to Hayward.