Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 54074 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1170 on: September 15, 2020, 10:49:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Kemba is our 5th best player right now. What a disaster. If he doesn’t show up Heat in 5 or 6 easily.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1171 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
My worry meter is a 3/10.

Smart started off like Jimmy Chitwood, then took 2-3 too many heat checks.

Tatum was effective early, but when the offense struggles, he has a bad habit of forcing horrible shots.

Jaylen was quiet tonight.  Do not like.

By all accounts, Kemba is a great person and locker room presence - I'm glad to have him - but man, he needs to figure out this slump quickly.  It may be that he is a more supportive 2nd or 3rd option at this stage in the season, but decisions need to be made quickly about how he's used in crunch time, like Tatum.

I doubt Dragic repeats that performance w/ our perimeter defense, and Butler wasn't dominant by any means.  Props to Bam for a rare block at the end, but no way the game should've been that close after blowing 2 ten+ point leads.

But I genuinely felt more confident with the ball in the hands of Wanamaker than Kemba at times tonight - that needs to be fixed asap.  Completely ridiculous.

I'll stick with Celts in 6-7, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.

Danny really stocked up on guys that are unplayable. Edwards, Waters, Langford, Kanter and Semi, Williams and Williams only played 10 minutes each. It's going to be a long series and no rest in sight.

Yeah, when Theiss fouled out, it was painful to see Wanaker/Grant W.  Robert Williams has been pretty good, but man...  even a 75% Hayward could make a big difference now, especially in closing time.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1172 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Tatum was effective early, but when the offense struggles, he has a bad habit of forcing horrible shots.

By all accounts, Kemba is a great person and locker room presence - I'm glad to have him - but man, he needs to figure out this slump quickly.  It may be that he is a more supportive 2nd or 3rd option at this stage in the season, but decisions need to be made quickly about how he's used in crunch time, like Tatum.

I doubt Dragic repeats that performance w/ our perimeter defense, and Butler wasn't dominant by any means.  Props to Bam for a rare block at the end, but no way the game should've been that close after blowing 2 ten+ point leads.

But I genuinely felt more confident with the ball in the hands of Wanamaker than Kemba at times tonight - that needs to be fixed asap.  Completely ridiculous.

I'll stick with Celts in 6-7, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.

Danny really stocked up on guys that are unplayable. Edwards, Waters, Langford, Kanter and Semi, Williams and Williams only played 10 minutes each. It's going to be a long series and no rest in sight.

Yeah, when Theiss fouled out, it was painful to see Wanaker/Grant W.  Robert Williams has been pretty good, but man...  even a 75% Hayward could make a big difference now, especially in closing time.

No playoff contender should have a bench this thin.

« Reply #1173 on: September 15, 2020, 11:06:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I'll stick with Celts in a long series, but with much more concern, especially since they're the more seasoned and deeper group.  This was a tough pill to swallow.

It's tough to swallow because it was a winnable game that we were in control of until halfway through the fourth then we basically went away from what had been working. Would have been easier to take if it was a blowout and never had a chance, but being in the game till a great Buckets drive and an Adebayo block in OT, the long term outlook is better than if we had been blown out.

Oh well nobody said the road to Everest was easy  :angel:

We're taking the road less traveled to Everest.

« Reply #1174 on: September 15, 2020, 11:19:39 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Despite the loss, it was a quite enjoyable game to watch for the most part.  I still think Celts win in 6.  Seems to me the Heat played closer to their perfect game.  Celts have plenty of room for improvement in game 2. 

« Reply #1175 on: September 15, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Despite the loss, it was a quite enjoyable game to watch for the most part.  I still think Celts win in 6.  Seems to me the Heat played closer to their perfect game.  Celts have plenty of room for improvement in game 2.

That's what people always think about the Heat wins. They underestimate Miami yet they keep winning. They have the best record in these playoffs. Only 1 loss.

« Reply #1176 on: September 15, 2020, 11:28:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

No playoff contender should have a bench this thin.

Hope that Hayward is back soon, this is not pretty. 

« Reply #1177 on: September 15, 2020, 11:30:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That's what people always think about the Heat wins. They underestimate Miami yet they keep winning. They have the best record in these playoffs. Only 1 loss.

I have new respect for the Heat.

« Reply #1178 on: September 15, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Gutted that Celtics threw away a 12point lead at the start of the 4thQ
If the shoe was on the other foot Heat would have closed the deal
If Celtics don't lock down the Heat 3 point shooting they will lose a very winnable series

« Reply #1179 on: September 15, 2020, 11:35:43 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
What I can't get out of my mind is the Heat beat us to Tyler Herro in the draft. One pick later we got a guy who can't even get on the floor in this series. Riley has to be gloating about putting that one over on Danny.

« Reply #1180 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36:42 PM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
LOL @ Doc Rivers.

« Reply #1181 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I just saw a still photo of Bam's block on Tatum and his hand is back over the cylinder and touching the basket. Can that be legal?

I guess your never going to get that call....

« Reply #1182 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
As far as the game, the Celtics yet again couldn't put an opponent away in a winnable game. But beyond that it was an entertaining game. The Celtics had the last shot in regulation, got a decent look and Tatum missed. In the OT Tatum made a power move, Adabayo made a better block.

Bottom line for the Celtics is that Kemba needs to play better. If he doesn't, the Celtics aren't winning this series.

« Reply #1183 on: September 15, 2020, 11:43:17 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I don't think Hayward is going to "save" the Celtics in this series. Every time he's missed a big chunk of time due to an injury, he's been super rusty when he comes back, and it takes him weeks to get back into a rhythm. This happened not just with his major ankle injury, but with his less-severe injuries as well. He might help Boston this series, but not enough to tip the scales, especially if Kemba continues to suck at shooting and Boston can't figure out how to attack traps and zones.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1184 on: September 15, 2020, 11:45:12 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
I just saw a still photo of Bam's block on Tatum and his hand is back over the cylinder and touching the basket. Can that be legal?

I guess your never going to get that call....
Just saw the replay on TV - clean block.