Author Topic: Raptors (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Round 2 Game 6 9/9/20  (Read 60065 times)

Re: Raptors (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Round 2 Game 6 9/9/20
« Reply #1380 on: September 10, 2020, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Whenever things get rough

Big time players like Lebron or Leonard will dunk in someone face, to show they are in charge

I was hoping to see this at least once from Tatum late in a game in this series

Maybe it will happen tomorrow.
How did that work out in game 7 of 2018?  Tatum woke up a sleeping bear and LeBron buried us after that.

« Reply #1381 on: September 10, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This offseason, the league needs to review the flagrant one rule for excessive contact, if said contact was inadvertent. For instance:

Theis elbow on Lowry in game 1 (I believe), where Theis was moving from side to side, while his arms were in a defensive position. The contact was purely accidental, but a flagrant one was called on Theis and resulted in a free throw.

Last night, Tatum drove into the lane, and the natural motion of his arm accidentally hit a Toronto defender.

I know there's one or two more, because Toronto is constantly complaining to the refs. I know the Celtics complain too, but Toronto seems to take it to another level.
And somehow allow a challenge on a missed foul that cost us the game.

Also, maybe allow one challenge per half. Or if a coach was successful on his first challenge, he has the option to keep that timeout (current rule), or has the option for another coaching challenge (will still need a timeout to use it). Limited to two challenges per game, if successful only after the first challenge.
This is exactly what I thought the rule was during the game.  With 1:08 to go in the 1st half, there was a play that Brad should have had the opportunity to challenge, if not for the way the rule is written currently.

« Reply #1382 on: September 10, 2020, 08:59:47 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I think the Celts missed two chances too many to put away the diehard Raptors. Game 3 and yesterday. Its like fighting Rocky. Eventually cant punch back anymore

Not hopeful for tomorrow

Tr1boy, you and I must be wired with some psychic connection. Seems like I often have similar opinions that are very close to yours. I came on here a few minutes ago with the exact same thought you have. We've had two games that were ours and gave them away. Game 3 speaks for itself. Last night, several crucial calls went against us. Then we have a 4 point lead and the ball in the 2nd OT and Brown recklessly dribbles into traffic, resulting in a turnover and transition layup for Toronto.

I do not feel good about tomorrow night at all.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1383 on: September 10, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
whats the take from talking heads on the sports networks and interwebs?

Any comments about the refs?

There's a lot of comments about the refs on the Raptors forum...unsurprisingly they're unhappy about the refs too, complaining about calls that the refs missed like Smart flopping, etc. Eye of the beholder and all that :angel:
That’s sorta my point in asking...

Is It just fan(atics) up in arms about the refs or is there a sense in the media that there was poor reffing or even bias?

I know I was pretty incredulous during the game about some calls that didn’t go our way but...
It was also just really inconsistent. They’d let some really physical defense happen and then call ticky tacky stuff. A guy would slip in the floor and they’d call a foul then a guy would get undercut in the air and they’d call nothing.

We did get some game changers at crucial moments that didn’t go our way tho...

« Reply #1384 on: September 10, 2020, 09:42:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I think the Celts missed two chances too many to put away the diehard Raptors. Game 3 and yesterday. Its like fighting Rocky. Eventually cant punch back anymore

Not hopeful for tomorrow

Tr1boy, you and I must be wired with some psychic connection. Seems like I often have similar opinions that are very close to yours. I came on here a few minutes ago with the exact same thought you have. We've had two games that were ours and gave them away. Game 3 speaks for itself. Last night, several crucial calls went against us. Then we have a 4 point lead and the ball in the 2nd OT and Brown recklessly dribbles into traffic, resulting in a turnover and transition layup for Toronto.

I do not feel good about tomorrow night at all.

Yeah, same here. They should have won Game 3 and put them away in Game 5 for good. Yesterday they should've wrapped it up. I just don't have a good feeling about tomorrow's game. Celtics seems like they don't look good at closing out series when they're up 3-2. If it's a close game where they've been trailing/playing catch-up, it's very likely they lose the game. Lack of discipline and veteran leadership in the playoffs.

The only silver lining here is...the road team has won all the games in this series. And Boston is the road team tomorrow.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1385 on: September 10, 2020, 09:56:46 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Is nobody here worried that Toronto might just start knocking down every three they shoot tomorrow...

Throughout this series they have shot the three pretty poorly some games extremely poorly they are due for a hot night

Good god that decision by Brad Stevens to put Tako in and play a zone defense with .5 seconds left unbelievable i knew it would go to 7 after that FML.

« Reply #1386 on: September 10, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Is nobody here worried that Toronto might just start knocking down every three they shoot tomorrow...

Throughout this series they have shot the three pretty poorly some games extremely poorly they are due for a hot night

Good god that decision by Brad Stevens to put Tako in and play a zone defense with .5 seconds left unbelievable i knew it would go to 7 after that FML.
Teams go zone all the time in those situations. Just because Lowry made a ridiculous cross court pass and OG made a semi-contested three with less than a second on the clock doesn't make zone a bad option.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1387 on: September 10, 2020, 10:30:34 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

Teams go zone all the time in those situations. Just because Lowry made a ridiculous cross court pass and OG made a semi-contested three with less than a second on the clock doesn't make zone a bad option.

C'mon man going zone when your up 2?

Just play man and I guarantee the Raptors would have attempted some Gasol at the rim and it would have missed because Gasol has been missing all series...

Idk I just don't understand how you give up a 3.

That was Tatum's man too and he didn't call out OG rotating, Tatum makes a lot of mistakes at crunch time I've seen it over and over again this series and past he's young he's gotta learn but dam man .. DAM