Author Topic: Heroes (TV Show)  (Read 20344 times)

Re: Heroes (TV Show)
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Yep, I did. Overall I thought it was a cool episode, action wise. Don't know what to think of the developments though at the moment. Will wait to see what they do with it.

What are you confused about?

ok well Sylar kills Nathan.  They make Sylar think he is Nathan.  Sylar shape shifts into Nathan.  But then they are burning Sylar's body (which I assume is Nathan) - But Nathan couldnt have shifted his shape...

edit: and they have previously brought people back from the dead (I think from using Claire's blood, if I remember correctly...so why was that not an option)

Well, the Sylar we saw burning is the old shape shifter body that was killed some episodes ago. That's the one being burned.

I don't know what they did with Nathan's body though, and I don't know why Claire's blood wasn't an option. My theory is that Mama Petrelli figured that this was the optimum way to contain Sylar.

I dont think it was the old shape shifter - first, wasnt he cremated at building 26 or whatever...?  I am almost positive when Bennet wants to make sure it is Sylar, they said it was already cremated...

I guess Sylar had to live because in an earlier episode when we were in the future, Sylar was good.  So if Sylar was alive then, he couldnt have been killed here...

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
this about sums up my feelings on the episode and misgivings over the use of the sylar character for no real purpose the last season.

http://io9.com/5231488/what-the-hell-is-sylars-deal-anyway

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yep, I did. Overall I thought it was a cool episode, action wise. Don't know what to think of the developments though at the moment. Will wait to see what they do with it.

What are you confused about?

ok well Sylar kills Nathan.  They make Sylar think he is Nathan.  Sylar shape shifts into Nathan.  But then they are burning Sylar's body (which I assume is Nathan) - But Nathan couldnt have shifted his shape...

edit: and they have previously brought people back from the dead (I think from using Claire's blood, if I remember correctly...so why was that not an option)

Well, the Sylar we saw burning is the old shape shifter body that was killed some episodes ago. That's the one being burned.

I don't know what they did with Nathan's body though, and I don't know why Claire's blood wasn't an option. My theory is that Mama Petrelli figured that this was the optimum way to contain Sylar.

I dont think it was the old shape shifter - first, wasnt he cremated at building 26 or whatever...?  I am almost positive when Bennet wants to make sure it is Sylar, they said it was already cremated...

I guess Sylar had to live because in an earlier episode when we were in the future, Sylar was good.  So if Sylar was alive then, he couldnt have been killed here...

Bennett stopped the cremation in order to do the DNA analysis. He even mentions it before they change Sylar into Nathan.

And you're confused about the whole future thing. That Sylar was alive and good in the future in an earlier episode has nothing to do with what is currently going on.

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
President Worf really let Peter touch him?

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Peter finding time for romance in the middle of a crisis. What a playah.

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Nope, he let his chief of staff touch him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Some good casting news, now that Prison Break is over... Heroes just got T-Bagged:
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/heroes-casts-prison-break-star-robert-knepper-as-new-bad-guy.html

I really like him.

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Just watched the premiere of season 4.

I thought it was a good one, and much more promising than the previous 2 seasons. I think T-Bag's character is an interesting one. I still think the show is too slow for what it could be.

I really liked the knife fight with Peter and the other dude. I think that's a cool power to have in a show like this.

Don't care for Claire's college life.

I like the Noah-Tracy pairing.

Not sure how I feel about the current Parkman situation, but it might turn out to be quite interesting depending on how much Sylar influences him.

One thing though, did they really need to use the word REDEMPTION like 50 times throughout the episode? I'm surprised they didn't use Bob Marley's song at some point.

And another thing, ratings for the premiere where quite bad, so this might end up being the final season for this show. It's being paired up against House, so it'll probably struggle throughout the whole season.

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
For you comic book nerds out there: Matt Parkman is... ONSLAUGHT!

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Oh and the Sylar shapeshifting into one shape and being convinced that who he is, recently done in The Exiles where Proteus is convinced he's actually Morph.