Author Topic: Heroes (TV Show)  (Read 20350 times)

Re: Heroes (TV Show)
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sylar is the primary reason I still watch this show.

Hiro and Ando's "comedy" is a distant second.

Everything else is a mess.

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I mainly just keep watching to see if Bennett finally makes a move on his extremely hot adopted daughter.   

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I mainly just keep watching to see if Bennett finally makes a move on his extremely hot adopted daughter.  

No!!! Not Clair Bear!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Theories about Peter's powers...

This is probably the early stages of his power, so there are surely other more evolved skills he could do with them. I can see him evolving in two different ways; not mutually exclusive. One, his powers progress similarly to what his father's powers were (able to absorb multiple powers). The other way is by meeting Sylar and absorbing his "understanding" power, so that he can better understand his current powers and evolve them to the point that it becomes kickass.

Else, he might stay the same and we'll simply see a bit of more teamwork involved to make him more useful in fights, etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:44:18 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They finally introduced their version of AquaMan.

To bad he doesn't talk to the fish.

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »

Offline Danimals

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

How short is Claire Bennet? Is there really a hs cheerleader who's only 4'10"? She looks like a midget in too many scenes. (And that's with a director and camera crew that has been using a lot of tricky camera angles just to make that short Danko guy appear taller.)

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I don't have any way to watch TV, but I did net flix the first 3 seasons of this show.

Season 1 was absolutely stellar, and this is coming from someone who's opinion of television is so low he doesn't have any way to watch it ;-)

Season 2 was quite bad, season 3 picked it up.  The characters are getting very stale, and Hiro and Ando, my favorites from season 1, are walking repetitive jokes now.

I think the reason season 1 was so good, and the others are weakening, is because it was a really good story of people coming to terms with their powers.  The audience was constantly introduced to new powers, and we didn't know how they would evolve.  The characters had very real problems, the plot twists were genuine (Bennett turning out to be a decent guy threw me off).  Sylar was also a consummate villain.

Since then, it is a lot harder to write characters that already know their abilities.  Almost out of necessity the show has to become more action oriented, and that doesn't work as well on TV.

And if they would get rid of the preachy, failing-at-sound-deep monologues I'd like the show a lot more.

Lastly, I agree with whoevever said the time travel doesn't work.  It's a gimmick and it is such a genuinely complicated idea it can't work in a show this light.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I haven't watched the last episode: "I am Sylar", but the previous episode "1961" was awful.

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I haven't watched the last episode: "I am Sylar", but the previous episode "1961" was awful.
it was much better than 1961.  Next week is the season finale, which they seemed to set up fairly well in the Sylar episdoe.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I finally had to give up on this show at the start of this season.  Last episode I watched Sylar was about to go meet his dad.  I just lost interest.  Bottom line:  The show sucks. I watched every episode up until that point.  It's just a crappy comic book TV show.  I'd rather watch "Smallville".

Hopefully they cancel it.

I'm not sure which show tanked more brutally... Battlestar Galactica or Heroes.   At least BSG stayed interesting for a couple seasons.

Luckily, Lost hasn't lost my interest yet.  It's ridiculous, but I'm with it. The plot holes aren't as glaring. 

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
anyone watch the most recent episode?  I am confused by it...

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 10:20:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Yep, I did. Overall I thought it was a cool episode, action wise. Don't know what to think of the developments though at the moment. Will wait to see what they do with it.

What are you confused about?

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Yep, I did. Overall I thought it was a cool episode, action wise. Don't know what to think of the developments though at the moment. Will wait to see what they do with it.

ok well Sylar kills Nathan.  They make Sylar think he is Nathan.  Sylar shape shifts into Nathan.  But then they are burning Sylar's body (which I assume is Nathan) - But Nathan couldnt have shifted his shape...

edit: and they have previously brought people back from the dead (I think from using Claire's blood, if I remember correctly...so why was that not an option)

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 10:47:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

ok well Sylar kills Nathan.  They make Sylar think he is Nathan.  Sylar shape shifts into Nathan.  But then they are burning Sylar's body (which I assume is Nathan) - But Nathan couldnt have shifted his shape...

edit: and they have previously brought people back from the dead (I think from using Claire's blood, if I remember correctly...so why was that not an option)

Well, the Sylar we saw burning is the old shape shifter body that was killed some episodes ago. That's the one being burned.

I don't know what they did with Nathan's body though, and I don't know why Claire's blood wasn't an option. My theory is that Mama Petrelli figured that this was the optimum way to contain Sylar.

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Were people brought back to life or just healed with her blood?

I loved when Peter pretended to be the president.

I hated the idea of letting Sylar live.

Still, the writing and directing has improved.