Author Topic: Heroes (TV Show)  (Read 20349 times)

Re: Heroes (TV Show)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does Hiro have his powers back? If so, are they going to explain how?

Also, if they gather all these people with powers and throw them on the same plane, would they be stupid enough to throw Peter on there? I know they are going to want to re-power him fast so he can battle Syler.

If he gets his powers back, of course they're going to explain it. Yeah, I didn't think of Peter getting his powers that way, but the people need to use the powers in order for him to mimic them right? So just being in proximity doesn't do much.

Just has to be near them.  Like at the end of the 3rd chapter.  He injected himself and could fly right away even though his brother wasn't flying.

That might have simply been a manifestation of the injection. Since the series began he needed to be close to the power being used, like he couldn't just walk up to Sylar and get his powers (remember when he went to the future and he had to force Sylar to use it?).

No, he had the power but didn't know how to assess it. 

He also picked up the ability to heal without Clare using it.

The nuclear ability by just walking up to the guy. 

The ability to paint the future even though he never saw that guy paint. 

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Also, if they gather all these people with powers and throw them on the same plane, would they be stupid enough to throw Peter on there? I know they are going to want to re-power him fast so he can battle Syler.

If he gets his powers back, of course they're going to explain it. Yeah, I didn't think of Peter getting his powers that way, but the people need to use the powers in order for him to mimic them right? So just being in proximity doesn't do much.

Just has to be near them.  Like at the end of the 3rd chapter.  He injected himself and could fly right away even though his brother wasn't flying.

That might have simply been a manifestation of the injection. Since the series began he needed to be close to the power being used, like he couldn't just walk up to Sylar and get his powers (remember when he went to the future and he had to force Sylar to use it?).

I'll trust you on that then. I'm pretty sure Clare healed near to him. Nuclear guy couldn't really control his powers well, so I'd be surprised if he never used it near him. The paint of the future one I have no clear recolection. As for Sylar, I'm pretty sure Sylar needed to use it.. Peter was pleading for him to give it up, and Sylar was reluctant to give him the burden.... guess we'll see. You might be right.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I'll trust you on that then. I'm pretty sure Clare healed near to him. Nuclear guy couldn't really control his powers well, so I'd be surprised if he never used it near him. The paint of the future one I have no clear recolection. As for Sylar, I'm pretty sure Sylar needed to use it.. Peter was pleading for him to give it up, and Sylar was reluctant to give him the burden.... guess we'll see. You might be right.
I'm going to have to agree with Bud here. Sylar didn't need to use his powers for Peter to get them, he needed to allow Peter to take them. Sylar is so powerful that Peter could not learn Sylar's powers without his consent. Also Peter taking Sylar's powers does not mean he has all the powers Sylar has but that he can understand how things work. Which is Sylar's actual power and it's why he cuts off people's heads, to see their brain and how their power works corresponding to it.

Also when you watch the previews you see the plane open with someone falling out. There also have been rumors of an early killing off of characters. Any guesses as to who might be removed from the show (assuming the rumor is true)?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
so this season they are just ripping off the X-Men/Marvel mutant/superhuman registration act?  This show is getting so corny.  The only thing preventing it from being a total ripoff is that they aren't wearing costumes.  It's so Smallville of them.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
so this season they are just ripping off the X-Men/Marvel mutant/superhuman registration act?  This show is getting so corny.  The only thing preventing it from being a total ripoff is that they aren't wearing costumes.  It's so Smallville of them.
I think it's a smart move to use a theme that has been previously introduced in a comic book or other past format. If you look at a lot of the new movie content they are based on old movies remakes, old comic books, or old books. Most of the movies based off these themes have not only done well but been very good.
You can't tell me that if you had the chance to watch them redo the mutant registration act episodes on a quality format you wouldn't watch. Heroes is like X-Men except you get to know the characters which makes you more invested than if they were just fighting evil mutants like in X-Men.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Time to get back to what works, a comic book that has a touch of soap opera and not what it has been, a soap opera with a tough of comic book. 

TP, wdleehi, that`s exactly what I wanted to post...and lol at "Don`t criticize the writing". I expect Heroes to become the show it once was in season 1, now that Brian Fuller is back. It`s a shame that "Pushing Daisies" got cancelled, though.

When it first came out there was a bunch of hype about how amazing this series was going to be.  I watched the very first episode on the night in aired...  I came away thinking, "this is overhyped garbage" and didn't bother watching any more of it. 

I thought the same after the first episode, but I was able to see the second episode right after the first one, and since I had nothing better to do...and it was great. Season 1 except the premiere and the finale was great, season 2 was disappointing, and season 3 tried to redeem itself and failed big time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:30:58 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Meh, I hate all the "this is a ripoff of X and Y" arguments. If you look hard enough you can see similarities in just about everything from past works, shows, etc.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I started watching Heroes because it was the show on before Studio 60, then I started watching Chuck because it was the show on before Heroes. Now I watch Chuck, because it's the best show on television. So thanks Heroes, you did something well.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Heroes and Chuck are in trouble with House and 24 for FOX. Hopefully all will get decent viewership.

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Heroes and Chuck are in trouble with House and 24 for FOX. Hopefully all will get decent viewership.

I was ticked when I saw Fox put House against Chuck, but I'm not sure how much of their audience overlap and I'd wouldn't be surprised if they split the casual viewership because both are fairly accessible and they're stylistically so dissimilar. So I think Chuck might be alright , but I would be worried about Heroes, 24 is a juggernaut.

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

When it first came out there was a bunch of hype about how amazing this series was going to be.  I watched the very first episode on the night in aired...  I came away thinking, "this is overhyped garbage" and didn't bother watching any more of it. 

I thought the same after the first episode, but I was able to see the second episode right after the first one, and since I had nothing better to do...and it was great. Season 1 except the premiere and the finale was great, season 2 was disappointing, and season 3 tried to redeem itself and failed big time.

Yah Casperian, but if you read the rest of my post I eventually mentioned that I have now watched every single episode of Heroes... and my final impression is:  It's overhyped garbage.  Silly little show.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 03:33:27 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Yah Casperian, but if you read the rest of my post I eventually mentioned that I have now watched every single episode of Heroes... and my final impression is:  It's overhyped garbage.  Silly little show.

Hmm, you watched 50 episodes a 40 minutes of a silly show? Not that I disagree with your overall Assessment, I think the show is kinda silly right now, but it was obviously entertaining enough to spend 1 1/2 days of your life with it.  ;)

Well, tastes are different, I guess.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Hmm, you watched 50 episodes a 40 minutes of a silly show? Not that I disagree with your overall Assessment, I think the show is kinda silly right now, but it was obviously entertaining enough to spend 1 1/2 days of your life with it.  ;)

Well, tastes are different, I guess.

Some people subject themselves to TV shows they hate just to hate on them. These people are called nerds. ;)

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
this show deserves a razzie. i swear you can put just about anything on abc,nbc,cbs  between 8 and 10 and people will think the  show is great. this show is a mess. horrible writing,plot holes galore. this was an awesome concept that they just ruined in my opinion. i think the show would have been pretty darn good if they ended it after season 1. i would have liked the ending if the bro carried him off to die together.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Anyone find it funny that Peter was worried about falling out a plane when he can already fly? 

p.s.  They changed his power.  Now he has to touch the other person.