Author Topic: Who do you think have the most arrogant fans?  (Read 5318 times)

Re: Who do you think have the most arrogant fans?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Why does it matter?  I think there are LOT of people who would say Boston, and the fact that there are discussions like this going on among Boston fans just supports their case. 

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

Offline blackberry33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Lakers fans, most don't know anything about basketball.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why does it matter?  I think there are LOT of people who would say Boston, and the fact that there are discussions like this going on among Boston fans just supports their case. 

We acknowledged that Boston fans probably have the most.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Kobe fans. 

Followed by Lebron fans.

You have meet these guys.  They were Jordon fans years ago.  They just lock onto a top player and are a fan of whatever team they are on.

I hate those guys!

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
No way to Cleveland. They're a proud but scared fan base. They all know itll go wrong some how. I've never met an arrogant cavs fan.

I think you're confused with Lebron fans, that were not from Cleveland.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think we are one of the worst. Lakers are bad.

San Ant is pretty good for a team so successful. NY would be bad if they weren't so horrible as of late.

I haven't had any problems with Heat fans. Not sure why fans are being blamed for Lebron's handling of "The Decision".

Because they never show up for games and now they have millions of fans and acting like they won it already.  I'll admit our fans are up there, but we also have the most knowledgeable by far.  And even with the Knicks being bad there fans are still [dang] arrogant.
We have the most knowledgeable? How can you prove that? There are countless uninformed posts here on Celticsblog, and this is a place that actually attracts the more informed of Celtics fans.

The excitement of the Miami fans is no different than our excitement 2 years ago, except that one of their stars has actually won a ring before and one has already been to the finals. We couldn't say that 2 years ago.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I think we are one of the worst. Lakers are bad.

San Ant is pretty good for a team so successful. NY would be bad if they weren't so horrible as of late.

I haven't had any problems with Heat fans. Not sure why fans are being blamed for Lebron's handling of "The Decision".

Because they never show up for games and now they have millions of fans and acting like they won it already.  I'll admit our fans are up there, but we also have the most knowledgeable by far.  And even with the Knicks being bad there fans are still [dang] arrogant.
We have the most knowledgeable? How can you prove that? There are countless uninformed posts here on Celticsblog, and this is a place that actually attracts the more informed of Celtics fans.

The excitement of the Miami fans is no different than our excitement 2 years ago, except that one of their stars has actually won a ring before and one has already been to the finals. We couldn't say that 2 years ago.

Because of what I've seen here, even though I have seen my fair share of dumb posts and I've posted many myself.  Miami is all bandwagon fans so please don't compare them to ours.

But you're right a lot of our aren't knowledgeable and I can't prove it completely it's just my opinion. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:41:48 PM by Mike-Dub »

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
The Whiniest and most frustrating fans to me are the raptors fans I see on the basketball forums around the internet.

Boston, LA and New York (probably Miami now aswell) are probably the most arrogant, but at least we and the Lakers have an excuse due the teams success (being arrogant as we speak  :P ). 

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

Is it arrogance when you really are the best fans?  Or when your team is obviously great?

For years I've said (HUGE generalization) that Celtics fans know more about basketball than the fans of any other NBA team.  I think Barkley said it once too. 

Anyway, as a Dallas Cowboy fan once forced to live in the DC area, I say that 1980s Redskins fans win for pro sports arrogance.