Author Topic: Bring Gerald Green back?  (Read 12508 times)

Re: Bring Gerald Green back?
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BRING BACK GERALD!!!!

No honestly, bring him back!!!

He would make a tremendous Lucky the Leprechaun mascot. He wouldn't even need those trampolines!!!!

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 08:54:17 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, to me, that article sounds like a matured man - willing to try to play the game the right way, finally.

We all know we'd hate it if Gerald Green comes back to the NBA, and plays very well - but for the Lakers.

If he finally has his head screwed on right, why not give him an opportunity?

Lord knows we've had a few players over the years finally "Get It"....

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 09:52:04 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
forget t-mac! gerald is here to replace him!

no CB offseason is complete without a bring back gerald thread  :D

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 09:57:37 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Bring back Walthaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Would rather Walter, he’s a big, he’s not an idiot, AND he could sing before home games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-Lu9IBC_c  8)

All joking aside, Walter McCarty would be the perfect 4th wing for this team.  He could hit the three and defend nearly any position on the floor. 

Unfortunately, I don't see him making a triumphant return.  But I wouldn't be against it. 

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
3. Green Focusing On The Little Things

By Matt Moore

TrueHoop Network

Green

Gerald Green is hoping Thursday's contest versus the Spurs is a mirror of his professional basketball career.

Green, the 18th pick in the 2005 draft and a former dunk contest champion, started off on fire. He used his athleticism and Gumby-like frame to get around the corner, draw defenses and sink midrange jumpers. Then, just as his career evaporated after stints with the Celtics and Mavericks, his shot dried up. Wide-open jumpers from the wing refused to fall, and he forced shots.

But if there's one thing the summer league's got a ton of, it's hope. Lots of hope.

Green heated up again after a particularly vicious block he leveled on a corner 3 attempt. You can't teach length, and Green has about 15 miles of it. After that play, he came alive again, finishing with 18 points and seven rebounds. Perhaps most impressive was the decisiveness with which he made his decisions. He rarely showed the lost look he so often displayed on NBA courts. As he said later, he's focusing on the basics.

"My attitude is to go out and let me show what I can do," Green said. "It's not about me going out and scoring 30 or 40; it's trying to show the little things that they may not know I can do."

Green can get up. Everyone knows that. But it was the catch-and-swing moves he made on the perimeter that opened up his game. With his midrange going, he looked very much the part of the NBA-ready wing. It's easy to forget that Green is only 24 years old. And with his game focusing more on those little things (zero turnovers) and less on the flashy dunks and boneheaded plays he was known for during his first stint in the league, this is the kind of game he needed. It wasn't a statement game but, as with most players in Vegas, another step in the process.

Matt Moore is a regular contributor to the Daily Dime.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back and seeing if he can be an end of the bench guy. I think his game could be very productive playing with Rondo in the future.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
3. Green Focusing On The Little Things

By Matt Moore

TrueHoop Network

Green

Gerald Green is hoping Thursday's contest versus the Spurs is a mirror of his professional basketball career.

Green, the 18th pick in the 2005 draft and a former dunk contest champion, started off on fire. He used his athleticism and Gumby-like frame to get around the corner, draw defenses and sink midrange jumpers. Then, just as his career evaporated after stints with the Celtics and Mavericks, his shot dried up. Wide-open jumpers from the wing refused to fall, and he forced shots.

But if there's one thing the summer league's got a ton of, it's hope. Lots of hope.

Green heated up again after a particularly vicious block he leveled on a corner 3 attempt. You can't teach length, and Green has about 15 miles of it. After that play, he came alive again, finishing with 18 points and seven rebounds. Perhaps most impressive was the decisiveness with which he made his decisions. He rarely showed the lost look he so often displayed on NBA courts. As he said later, he's focusing on the basics.

"My attitude is to go out and let me show what I can do," Green said. "It's not about me going out and scoring 30 or 40; it's trying to show the little things that they may not know I can do."

Green can get up. Everyone knows that. But it was the catch-and-swing moves he made on the perimeter that opened up his game. With his midrange going, he looked very much the part of the NBA-ready wing. It's easy to forget that Green is only 24 years old. And with his game focusing more on those little things (zero turnovers) and less on the flashy dunks and boneheaded plays he was known for during his first stint in the league, this is the kind of game he needed. It wasn't a statement game but, as with most players in Vegas, another step in the process.

Matt Moore is a regular contributor to the Daily Dime.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back and seeing if he can be an end of the bench guy. I think his game could be very productive playing with Rondo in the future.

This quote makes me want to sign him to a non guaranteed contract and bring him to camp. I believed in him so much last time and he made me look exceptionally stupid, not sure if I want to go through that again.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
BRING BACK GERALD!!!!

He would make a tremendous Lucky the Leprechaun mascot. He wouldn't even need those trampolines!!!!

I'm not sure Gerald's smart enough to handle the Lucky role, Nick, let alone any NBA time whatsoever.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

It's only a matter of time before another "Bring back 'Toine" thread pops up now! (Why did I even say that?!?   :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jw why are there five pages on this topic lol.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BRING BACK GERALD!!!!

I'm not sure Gerald's smart enough to handle the Lucky role, Nick, let alone any NBA time whatsoever.
Heck Coach, I only wanted him here for the Lucky job. I would NEVER suit him up!!!

You got a point though about the difficulty of the Lucky position. Is Gerald smart enough to operate a T-shirt cannon gun? Probably not.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:11:36 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Well, to me, that article sounds like a matured man - willing to try to play the game the right way, finally.

We all know we'd hate it if Gerald Green comes back to the NBA, and plays very well - but for the Lakers.

If he finally has his head screwed on right, why not give him an opportunity?

Lord knows we've had a few players over the years finally "Get It"....
willing =/= able

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
BRING BACK GERALD!!!!

True - he has a very low Mascot IQ.

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
BRING BACK GERALD!!!!

Heck Coach, I only wanted him here for the Lucky job. I would NEVER suit him up!!!

You got a point though about the difficulty of the Lucky position. Is Gerald smart enough to operate a T-shirt cannon gun? Probably not.

Well, if Gerald hit someone with the T-shirt cannon gun, it would be the first thing of note he hit in TD Banknorth ...

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."