Author Topic: Wolves with the best record in the 09  (Read 2099 times)

Wolves with the best record in the 09
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'm still amazed... they doin' something right there.
So proud of AJ, he's 23 and 12 and winning. They record is 10-2 this year. I hope he makes the All Star team. Nice to see Gary and Chris giving him props :D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Wolves with the best record in the 09
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I'm still amazed... they doin' something right there.
So proud of AJ, he's 23 and 12 and winning. They record is 10-2 this year. I hope he makes the All Star team. Nice to see Gary and Chris giving him props :D

I'm happy for the team, especially Big Al.  But I've been hearing talk about them pushing for the 8th seed now, and that's just ridiculous.  They're 8.5 games behind the Mavericks, and 7.5 games behind a Jazz team that hasn't been healthy all year.  Look at it this way.  If the Wolves continue on their current pace of 10-2 the rest of the year, which I don't think any sane human being believes they will, they'll finish 48-34.  On the flip side, if the rest of the West finishes with the same winning % as they currently have, the Wolves would grab that 8th spot by a mere 1 game over the Mavs, who would finish 47-35.

It's a nice story to start off the new year, but let's see what they do against the better competition. 8 of their 10 wins were against sub-.500 teams.  They've got the Pistons, Lakers and Celtics coming up.  If they can win 2 out of those 3, that would be more impressive than this 10-2 start to the year.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I saw them play in mid November and was unimpressed for the most part. Shocked their playing so well but its a nice story.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
It's about the only thing I agree with GP and timeout about...They were obnoxious last night, as always ... "Lakers just have to show up to beat the bobcats" at halftime C-webb "Bobcats will have the lead for about 30 more seconds"
They have an obsession with the lakers for whatever reason and cant stand us, have even been quoted as saying "the celtics arent a very good team" and "KG doesnt deserve to be an all-star" and

Of course Big Al should make the all-Star game, considering GP has said"Al Jefferson is better than Tim duncan"

But yes, the twolves are my west-coast team...am very happy for them, until of course we play them sunday :)
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Yeah they had some easy teams to beat in this ear, but last year they couldn't even do that so nice going. They won't make the playoffs, maybe next year they make a run for it and disrupt other teams post season plans.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im happy for them as well.  i like big al, but i was always a bigger fan of ryan gomes.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm glad they are getting better after that long losing streak. Next up Detroit and Lakers. Gooo Wolves  ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
This is pretty much the Diet Celtics... I think the majority on here can agree if it can't be the Celtics, we would all love to see the Wolves do well as constructed.

We watched Al grow up :)... good to see success for him.

I LOVE BIG AL!!
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."