Author Topic: Steph on Tirico & Van Pelt  (Read 1582 times)

Steph on Tirico & Van Pelt
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Not really much new info

*wants to win a championship; wants to play with guys all on the same page
*wants to be where he's wanted
*he feels he doesn't owe the Knicks any money; they owe him his contract; The Knicks decided to go in a different direction
*waiting for Donnie Walsh to call him
*the Knicks took $400K for saying he refused to play, which he said wasn't true
*starbury.com just launched (said something about "bricks & borders", haha)

Re: Steph on Tirico & Van Pelt
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Anyone that thinks these aren't the actual players in the chats got some proof right here.

Stephon Marbury: (4:34 PM ET ) Yes we still have the same price at $14.92 and we have three lines, the signatures lines which is no more than $24.98 or less. We also have e-commerce, so anyone can access it all over the world. We are national and international. I am still working on going with Brick and Boarders and working with other retailers as we speak.

Oh, does he really not have his agent, publicist, 5th grade nephew, etc. around to tell him that it's brick and mortar?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I am telling you, Steph might be smarter than we think.  Although I have no special feelings towards the man, I do respect his business and what is trying to accomplish, which is making shoes more affordable to poor kids.  So even though he's not doing much basketball related, he's still able to go to ESPN and promote his product.  Besides, considering that the economic woes, taking his business to the international waters really is an accomplishment.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:37:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I am telling you, Steph might be smarter than we think.  Although I have no special feelings towards the man, I do respect his business and what is trying to accomplish, which is making shoes more affordable to poor kids.  So even though he's not doing much basketball related, he's still able to go to ESPN and promote his product.  Besides, considering that the economic woes, taking his business to the international waters really is an accomplishment.

I think he's smart for not giving the knicks back a nickel. They signed the contract, why should he be out 4 million? Nuts to Jimmy Dolan.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner